59- The Story of Son Naeun and Kim Myungsoo

I'm An Ugly Girl?!

FLASHBACK

“Naeun! Wake up!” Dongwoon shook his younger cousin while screaming.

“What do you want?” Naeun groaned, her eyebrows furrowing as she was going to hit Dongwoon if he did not have a good reason for waking her up this early in the morning.

“You’re late for school! And it’s the first day!” her cousin shook her more as she glanced at the clock that read ‘7:58’.

“Holy ! And school starts at 8! Yah, Son Dongwoon! Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?” Naeun whined as she ran to her closet to grab her new uniform.

“You wouldn’t wake up…” Dongwoon muttered as he exited the room to let Naeun change.

Naeun rolled her eyes as she shut the door and began changing. “That Son Dongwoon… He does not know time. Umma seriously needs to send him to a class where he can learn some judgment skills and common sense.” She muttered under her breath.

“Where are my glasses?” Naeun yelled, out of breath after running around the house looking for them. “Found them!” she screamed yet again once she found them next to the sink in the bathroom. Who knows why it was there.

 

. . . I’m late!’ Naeun bit her nail in frustration as she stared at the pedestrian signal to turn green. ‘You know what? Screw it.’ She put her hand down and pulled of her glasses as she ran across the street in a hurry, weaving through the moving cars, motorcycles, and trucks.

When she arrived on the other side of the road she sighed. “That was close.” She panted, out of breath from running across a road.

“Yes, indeed it was close. Miss, I hope you know that was called jaywalking.” A boy, probably her age, with jet black hair and a noticeable smirk looked down on her and spoke.

Naeun stared up at the boy after putting on her glasses. The boy had jet black hair, a smile that seemed more like a smirk, fair skin, and probably one of the most handsome faces in Seoul. Her eyes traveled across his body as she checked him out. ‘Oh. He goes to my school. Oh wait, doesn’t that mean he’s late as well?

“Are you done yet? We’re going to be late for school if you keep staring at me.” The boy smirked as he grabbed her arm and weaved through the crowd of people to get to the school.

 

“Phew. We’re here.” Naeun sighed. She then noticed that the gates were closing and she panicked. “Oh my Gyu!” she frantically yelled as she watched the gates slowly close.

“Gyu hyung? What?” the boy chuckled, “Well, you can go. I’ll find a way to get in.” he winked as he pushed her through the school gates before running off. “And by the way, you should take those glasses off. Permanently.”

Naeun stood in shock as she tried to grasp what had just happened. ‘I need to get to class now! Raven Boy, thanks! I need to thank him later, hopefully he isn’t late.’ She smiled as she ran to her class, hoping that she wouldn’t be late.

 

Naeun arrived in her class to find that she wasn’t late at all. Her teacher wasn’t even here yet. She scanned the room to find that there were only 7 boys in a corner talking. She slowly walked toward the group of boys to ask about why they were the only ones here. As she stood in front of them, she recognized a face. ‘Raven Boy.

“Umm.” Her mind went blank as she was about to talk to them.

“Oh, I see that you’re not late.” Raven Boy smirked as he sat back in his chair.

“Yeah, I’m not. But why is there no one here?” she looked around the class in wonder.

The group of 7 handsome boys chuckled. “Don’t you know? In this school, no one arrives on time, even the teachers. Why? It’s because there’s no point in doing so. I mean, we don’t even learn anything.” Raven Boy smirked again as he answered her question in a quite cocky way.

Naeun’s eyes widened. “Oh.” She then walked away from the group and sat down in her seat to read.

“Yah, Son Naeun. You should take those glasses off. It would do you so much better. By the way, I’m L.” L sat in front of Naeun and turned around as he spoke to her. His group of friends watched them closely, wondering what their conversation was about.

“Nice to meet you, L. And no, I’m not going to take my glasses off. It’s not like I have contacts anyways.” Naeun answered shortly as she began reading her book again.

“Well, considering you can see where the cars, trucks, and motorcycles are on the road, you don’t really need these. Besides, your eyes aren’t very bad, are they?” L teased as he pulled off Naeun’s glasses and stuck them in his blazer pocket. “I’ll be keeping these.” He stood up and walked away, whistling the familiar tune of ‘Troublemaker’.

My glasses!’ Naeun gasped as she turned around to glare at L. ‘I need my glasses!

“Hyung, she’s glaring at you.” The feminine looking boy announced to his hyung as he pointed at Naeun.

“Well, it’s not like I’m going to give her glasses back or anything.” L purposely said the last bit louder so that she could hear him.

 

For the rest of the year, L had helped Naeun show her natural beauty to the world. He introduced her to the world of makeup and fashion. He even introduced her to a group of 6 girls, known as APink, who were willing to recruit her into their little group. And slowly, Naeun started to feel weird around this raven haired boy.

“Naeun. Are you going to go to the arcade with us today?” L appeared out of nowhere as he invited Naeun to join him and Infinite.

“Sure.” Naeun smiled brightly. ‘L, what have you done to me.’ She sighed once L had left as she held her beating heart. ‘Am I… Am I in love with him? Oh my Gyu.’

Later that day, Naeun had joined Infinite to play games at the arcade. Although she went to have fun, all she could focus on was her beating heart whenever L would touch her. That day, Naeun confirmed her feelings. She was officially in love with the Raven Boy, L.

After she had come to that conclusion, every day she would tape a huge lollipop to his locker She would watch him smirk as he peeled the lollipop of his locker and stick it into his pocket.

 

Soon, Valentine’s Day had come. This time, Naeun stuck 2 lollipops onto his locker. She had planned to do the same as usual, quickly run away once she was finished. But today, it was a bit different.

“Naeun?” L curiously looked at the girl that was in the middle of taping lollipops to his locker. “So it was you all this time.” He cracked a smile.

Naeun’s eyes widened as she turned her head to see a smiling L. “A-ah. O-oppa.” She stuttered as she shook. ‘Okay Naeun, tell him. Tell him that you love him.

“Yes, Naeun?” L leaned down to Naeun.

“L-L oppa. I love you, will you go out with me?” Naeun stuttered as she looked at the person she loved straight in the eyes.

L sighed heavily as there was silence for a few seconds. “Mianhe, Naeun. I don’t love you. But, let’s just be friends.”  He smiled as he reached for the lollipops that were on his locker. “But thank you for giving me these every day. They’re good.” He smiled before walking away.

Naeun stood there in shock. “O-oppa, friend-zoned me.” She couldn’t believe it. She was turned down by her first love. In fact, she didn’t believe it. She continued to love him, to the point that she was almost a stalker.

End of Flashback

“Oppa, loves me!” Naeun sobbed as she curled up into a ball.

“Y-yah. Are you okay?” a voice that was unfamiliar to her was heard.

“Who are you?” Naeun looked up to come face to face with a handsome boy.

“Oh, I’m Lee Joon. It’s nice to meet you.” He smiled brightly.

“N-nice to meet you, too.” Naeun stuttered as she was shocked by his kindness and handsomeness.

“Are you okay?” Joon asked worriedly.

“Yeah, I’m fine, thank you. My name is Son Naeun. It’s nice to meet you.” Naeun smiled at the worried boy as she held her hand out for him to shake.

Joon shook her hand and smiled brightly at her, ‘Maybe, just maybe, if I become closer to her. I can forget HyunAe.’

Naeun felt sparks when he touched her hand, ‘Maybe, just maybe, he can help me forget about oppa.

-----

Hello everyone~ I lost 2 subscribers TT.TT Cry Cry can't you see the music~~ That didn't make sense, but anyways.. Now you know why Naeun is so, stalker-like. Hopefully, you don't hate her as much as before, right? ;D Stalker Naeun has met Stalker Joon~ XD

Please Comment or Subscribe~ Please~~~

-MochiSaurx