Chapter 8

Thank You for Listening

  "Good morning, Jungkook!" she greeted, feeling a sense of irony that she was saying good morning to a boy who hasn't woken up in over nine months. She held another fresh arrangement in her arms made up of red carnations, white gerberas, and yellow roses. The last time she visited was only a day ago, but the last bouquet she had left here nearly a week ago was starting to wilt.

  "If you're wondering why I'm here so early in the morning, it's because I'm forced to visit my grandpa, he says he has something important to say to me. I came here first so I can give you these flowers without having to explain to grandpa why I have these. He still doesn't know about you, and I hope it stays that way. This is the only place here I can hide from him that's not the girl's toilets."

  The girl began changing the flowers in the vase. "I really don't want to go see grandpa now. Whatever he wants to tell me so urgently cannot be good. But I can't think of anything he hasn't already done to me and my mom so I have no idea what it is." She sat down in her seat. "And he's got all his weird buddies in the room with him. It's like a whole team of people are against you and trying to pressure you into doing what my grandpa wants."

  She started laughing. "After all this time, I still don't know who those guys are, but I think they're either business partners or business advisors. That's really all the old man thinks about, the business."

  "Oh, I have some big news!" she perked up. "One of my friends is pregnant! Can you believe that my friend is sixteen and pregnant? Well, she's not really my friend to be honest. We're more like acquaintances on friendly terms who occasionally chat when we're in the same class. But the thing is; she's coming to me with all this. She's confiding with me and relying on me for emotional support." 

  "To be honest, we're not that close friends; I think she's just coming to me with all this because I'm kind of passive and I don't judge, a lot of her friends are gossiping about her. So you can say I'm being used. But, don't get me wrong, I don't mind. She needs support right now and I'm going to help her. I can understand why she'd want help. But I can still complain just a little bit. I can't complain to my friends or her. The only person I can tell about this is you."

  She sighed and sat back in her seat. "Well, I want to help her, but I really don't know how or if I can. I didn't really feel anything when she first told me this, I mean, I was shocked, that's for certain, but after that, I can't say I felt much else. I really can't imagine what she's going through so I can't really be sympathetic. I feel kind of bad about that. Really the best I can do is give really generic advice and support her decision on what to do."

  She made a sad smile. "I really am a pretty horrible person huh…"

  "Well." She began, regaining her original cheery mood. "Now the issue for her is what to do with the pregnancy. The only options are either adoption, abortion, or raising it, and to be honest, they all sound terrible. She doesn't want to abort it, and neither does the father and I can understand that, I mean if I were in her position, I wouldn't want to either, but to be honest, I think it's the best option for her."

  "I'm not sure if she can handle raising a child or giving birth to it. It would be horrible for her. she would have so many problems if she chooses to raise it, and giving birth would probably cause some damage to her mental health especially since she's underage…"

  She shook her head. "Well, I'll support whatever she chooses. She's a tough girl, so I really hope she can handle it."

  The girl stood up from her seat. "I should probably go now. If I keep procrastinating visiting grandpa he'll get suspicious." She made her way to the door. 'Oh, next time I visit, we can finish the halfway mark of book two okay?"