Chapter 11

Thank You for Listening

  "Can you believe that it's been ten months since I started visiting you already?" the girl said as she sat at his bedside. "I really have no life huh…"

  "Ten months of a stranger visiting you. I'm amazed you never woke up just to kick me out." She turned to him and smiled. "Thank you for that."

  She sighed. "You know, I ended up meeting with the guy. Grandpa set it up for us to meet at a café. I nearly didn't go, but grandpa threatened me with the whole private school thing. I ended up telling my friends about it, and they ended up tagging along. Well, stalking us."

  "I begged them not to cause a scene or let the guy notice that they were there. I made them promise me that. You know how the guys are hot tempered, if the guy said something nasty, I just know they'd probably storm into the place and cause a scene. That would have been so embarrassing, not only that, grandpa would be pissed and probably demand that I cut off contact."

  "So, I ended up going to the café last weekend. It felt so awkward." She moaned. "The café was the really fancy expensive type; it felt like I shouldn't even be there! The place was full of adults and had that sophisticated air going for it. I felt so out of place. The one good thing was that we got a table outside the café, and my friends kind of positioned themselves at the restaurant right across."

  The girl buried her face in her hands. "God, that was so awkward. I kept looking over there, and I just prayed that the guy wouldn't realise they were there. Blonde friend kept trying to give me hand signals. I didn't know whether I should respond or ignore it."

  "Aside from them, the date itself was awkward in itself. You know how I'm socially awkward. I didn't know what to say to him. From the papers grandpa gave me, we have nothing in common. The only topic I could think about to talk about was maybe sports, and you know how I know nothing about sports. Half the time I don't even know which goal which team is aiming for."

  "So he was the one that did most of the talking, stuff about his school, his studies, and his family. He was very charming, but to be honest, I didn't like him that much. You know how some guys are really socially adept; they know exactly what to say when to say it, so you get the feeling that they're not to be fully trusted, like they're not sincere. They're too perfect. He felt like that. I'm not saying that he's not a nice guy, but I just felt a bit uncomfortable with him. I'm not used to people like that. I told him that I'm not really interested and that my grandpa is the one insisting, but he brushed it off." She said. "He said that he's interested and that if it works out, it would be good for both our families. He also said that I'm 'cute' so he's willing to try." She frowned slightly. "I wasn't really happy when he said that. It kind of felt like he was saying 'since you're kind of cute, you're good enough for me'. He sounded a bit arrogant and also a bit shallow…"

  She shook her head as if to get rid of her thoughts. "I'm probably reading too much into it. It's probably just me over interpreting."

  She turned back to Jungkook. "With everything he said; it was really hard to reject him. I didn't want to hurt him or anything. I wanted to but I couldn't bring myself to…"

  "Well the good news is that my friends didn't crash the date. After it was over, I hung around until he was gone then I went over to where my friends were at. The guys didn't like him that much either. My female friend asked me what I thought of him, and told me that if I didn't like him that way, I should just reject him flat out. She said that it isn't my responsibility to accept him just to avoid hurting his feelings…" 

  "I get what she's saying, but I still don't think I can do it. I mean, there really isn't anything bad about him. He was pretty nice…" She sighed. "I'll just see how it goes for a while. I still don't want to do this, so I will say no when the time is right."

  She turned to Jungkook and smiled. "Hey, sorry for unloading on you; but it feels pretty good to be able to tell someone. I can't tell my friends because they will have a big reaction, like waltz up to him and my grandpa and yell in their face or something…"

  "…so. Thanks for listening."

[A/N: How are you guys enjoying this story so far? We would love to know! Please leave a comment down below and tell us your thoughts!]