Chapter 4

Thank You for Listening

  "I'm back again." she smiled. She walked over to the bedside. She held up four red carnations in her hands. "I don't have a bouquet this time, but I managed to bring with me four carnations. Sorry if it seems a bit little…"

  She cleared out the old flowers which were pretty much dead now. It had been over a week since she last visited. She replaced the water and then placed the carnations into the vase. "I'm hiding from my grandpa again, so bear with me for a while once again. I took these carnations out of the bouquet given to my grandpa. My mom's business is really getting bad…"

  She frowned and stormed over to the seat. "Can you believe what my grandpa did?" she exclaimed. "It turns out that my grandpa has been sending people to spread rumours about our shop! That's why are business is getting worse! And do you know why? He wants our shop to shut down! It's like he wants to get rid of everything my parents built together!"

  The girl groaned and shook her hair in frustration. "He has like this plan to make us financially dependent on him! That's the last thing my mom wants! It would be so humiliating for her. He's purposely trying to gain control over us! Its official, I hate him! It sounds horrible but I hate him!"

  She groaned again. "And he acts like he's totally entitled to do what he wants to! No wonder my dad ran away."

  "…sorry you had to hear me blow up like that. I've kinda been holding it in for a week." She apologised. "You must be pretty annoyed. Every time I come here you have to listen to me rant…I'm sorry."

  "Oh!" she exclaimed and she pulled out her phone from her pockets. "I have some music on my phone. You're probably pretty bored cooped up in this hospital. I don't know what type of music you like…I'm pretty certain we have really different tastes in music. I mostly like really poppy songs…but this song is really popular, it's more in the rock genre. I heard it in a movie that just came out, and by the way, as soon as you wake up, you have got to watch it, it's so good! It's called Balloon Boy. It's a cartoon but it's really good."

  "Anyway, this song is pretty good. It's popular with the guys in my class, my male friend, you know, the one with the family issues, he loves the song. Here."

  She placed her phone on the pillow right beside his ear and played the song. Not too loudly, just enough for the both of them to hear. The fast paced song made the cold sterile room of the hospital seem a lot livelier. Even if the song wasn't in Jungkook's tastes, he would probably enjoy it.

  "I downloaded the whole album so here…" she played the rest of the album, and she spent the rest of her visit listening with Jungkook.