Chapter 29

Thank You for Listening

[A/N: Here's the double update as promised :>]

  Jangmi stopped, relaxed her shoulders, stood up tall, and looked around her. It was official.

  She was completely lost.

  She couldn't even tell which direction she came from at this point.

  There was no way to tell from the outside, but Jungkook's school was huge. It was still smaller than Namjoon's school, but at least Namjoon's school had maps. All around her were fancy buildings that looked nothing like school buildings, Jangmi couldn't tell which contained classes or which were just empty, and she was too timid to go knock on one of the doors to ask. The thought of having twenty to thirty people plus a teacher staring at her was horrible.

  She held Jungkook's school folder closer to her chest. Last time they were together, he accidentally left it behind. Apparently it held a school assignment that was due today, so she was bringing it to him. She only had two periods of school today so she had plenty of time to bring it to him. Jangmi had thought that it would be simple; she would enter the school, find Jungkook's class, and hand it over. But that plan had been ruined as soon as she walked through the gates. Jungkook was stuck in class because of an overly strict teacher, and Jangmi had no idea where his class is. And now she was lost.

She looked around. A school this size should have a map or something, or at least a teacher walking around. This part of the school seemed completely empty of human life.

  "Can I help you?"

  Jangmi was relieved to hear a voice, but the moment she turned around, her relief was dashed. Before her she saw the tall confident and smart figure of Park Sewon, a textbook held in one arm, and a pen in her hand. Her eyes widened when Jangmi turned around. "Wait, you're…"

  "Um, I'm lost." Said Jangmi.

  Sewon closed and made a small motion with her head as if shaking off a thought but she was trying to do it discreetly. "Well maybe I can help you. Where do you want to go?"

  "Um, I'm looking for the 10 grade legal studies class…" she said sheepishly. "I'm completely lost."

  Sewon made a surprised expression before laughing. "Well, no wonder you're lost, you're in the elementary school part of this school!"

  Jangmi flushed with embarrassment. She didn't know that this school held both an elementary school and high school. "The school's really big…"

  "Don't feel bad. Lots of parent's and new students get lost too. In fact, when I first came here, I wound up in the next door neighbour's yard." Sewon grinned.

  Jangmi giggled as a reply.

  Sewon pointed to her right with her pen. "Don't worry, I'll take you there, but it will be a bit of a walk."

  "Oh, thank you." Jangmi smiled.

  "No problem."

  Jangmi followed Sewon as she led her out of the primary school. Jangmi admired the way she walked ahead of her. Her shoulders were back and she stood straight with her head held high. She carried a sense of authority about her, cool and collected. Jangmi thought she looked like a book heroine. She thought she looked small and mousy by comparison.

  As she walked, Jangmi glanced at Sewon's face. Was she staring at her? Sewon appeared to be glancing at her every now and then, looking down at her feet and then up again at her face. It was making Jangmi feel insecure.

  "What's your name again?" Sewon asked.

  "I-I'm Jangmi. Im Jangmi."

  "I'm Sewon. So what are you here for?"

  Jangmi was surprised by the question even though it was a question that should be expected. What was she supposed to say to her? "Hello, I'm here to return a folder to your ex-boyfriend?"  Jangmi chose to give a simple answer. "I'm here to return a folder to somebody."

  Sewon glanced at the folder in her arms. "Couldn't you return it to them outside school? Don't you have school right now? You're in your uniform."

  Jangmi suddenly thought that it would make sense that Sewon would be looking at her. She was in full school uniform of her school in midday in a different school, of course some people would ask questions, especially when Jangmi tended to look younger than an eleventh grader. "No, I only had two periods today. I'm allowed to leave school early." She explained. "And there's an assignment due today in this folder so it has to be brought here before school ends."

  Sewon nodded in understanding. "You sure are thoughtful to come all the way here. Your school is pretty far from here."

  "Oh no, not at all. The bus ride isn't that long, and besides, assignments are important so it's only natural that I would come to bring it over-"

  Jangmi was knocked back as she bumped into a hard surface. She stumbled a bit before she looked up and saw a boy in front of her. He was short but built with messy raven hair and some ear piercings. Actually, a lot of ear piercings. In his hand he held a phone that he had evidently been looking at when he bumped into her. He had a handsome face but the face was currently flashing Jangmi an annoyed expression.

  "I-I'm sorry." Jangmi apologised.

  The raven haired boy made a 'Tch' sound with his tongue and stepped around her.

  "Yah!" Sewon said indignantly. "Don't give her that attitude, she apologised. And you weren't looking where you were going either. The least you can do is apologise too."

  Jangmi was amazed at Sewon's confidence stand up to this boy. The guy looked intimidating yet Sewon stood her ground with elegant authority.

  The boy's face softened at Sewon. "Fine." He agreed. He turned to Jangmi and his irked expression was back again. "Sorry."

  "I-it's fine." Jangmi replied, even though she could tell that it was insincere.

  The boy turned away. "See you, Sewon ah." He waved before returning his attention to his phone and walking away.

  Sewon turned to Jangmi. "I'm sorry about Jimin. He's like that, ignore him."

  "O-h, it's okay. Thank you so much for standing up for me."

  "Don't worry about it, I didn't really do much."

  "Not at all. I really admire your confidence." Jangmi smiled brightly.

  Sewon looked a bit bashful, but she quickly regained her collected demeanour. She pointed her pen to a building in front of them. "There's the class."

  Looking inside the glass windows, Jangmi could see Jungkook leaning back in his seat by the window desk, looking bored. He glanced outside and noticed Jungkook. His eyes lit up and he stood up from the desk with his hand raised at the teacher.

  "Thank you for bringing me here." Said Jangmi.

  "It's fine." Sewon replied, but her eyes were looking into the windows. She started to back away. Jangmi looked back inside the window and noticed that several students now crowded around the glass, mostly male, all staring directly at her with grins on their faces, saying something that was muffled behind the glass. Jangmi was taken aback. She felt like she was an animal getting gawked at in some kind of weird zoo where the visitors were the ones in the cage.

  Jungkook jogged out to where she was at. "Jangmi! Thank you so much."

  "It's okay." She smiled and handed the folder over.

  "I can't tell you how important this is, if I didn't have it handed it today, I can't even describe how screwed I would be." He laughed with relief.

  Jangmi was about to make a reply when her voice died in and she looked behind him, suddenly it looked like half the class had followed behind him.

  The group crowded around them, blocking any means of escape. A guy wrapped his arm around Jungkook's shoulders and grinned. "So this is the hospital girl?"

  Some of the other guys moved their faces closer towards Jangmi's to get a look of her face. "Hey she's pretty cute!"

  Jangmi backed away and shrunk into herself, trying to make herself as small as possible. The crowd was pushing her closer to Jungkook.

  "Aaaww, she's like a little animal!" some guy teased.

  "You got yourself a cute girlfriend there, dude!"

  Jangmi noticed that some of the other classes around them were gawking at them from within their school buildings. She was very uncomfortable with the unusual attention and she felt her cheeks heat up.

  Jungkook pushed the guys away from them. "Can you guys back off!?" He would need to apologise to Jangmi later for this.

  "Yah! All of you get back to class!" A balding male teacher demanded angrily. The class reluctantly began to disperse, but flashed them weird grins as they left. Jangmi swore she heard someone wolf whistle. The teacher pointed to Jungkook. "You too, Jungkook."

  "Be there in a minute sir."

  As the crowd began to return to class, Jangmi glanced around for Sewon. She was pretty certain with that display it was evident that Jangmi was Jungkook's new girlfriend. She hoped that it didn't bother her; Sewon was such a nice girl and Jangmi really didn't want to upset her.

  As she looked around, she couldn't see Sewon, but she caught a glimpse of a face with raven hair and gleaming piercings, giving her a strange look, but the boy quickly turned and walked away.

  "I'm so sorry about this." Jungkook apologised, looking embarrassed.

  "Um…so your whole year knows about me?" she asked, looking at her feet.

  "Well, I did go around asking if they knew anyone fitting your description at the beginning of the year, but I didn't tell them anything else, Hoseok must be running his mouth, I am so sorry, I didn't know this would happen. Please forgive me."

  Jangmi blushed and she twiddled her fingers. "So…you spent a lot of effort looking for me?"

  Jungkook flushed red and coughed. "Uh…yeah…well…" He glanced at the windows. "Let's talk later; I don't think those guys will lose interest in us any time soon. This period will be nearly over anyway so…see you after school?"

  "Okay."

  He walked back to class and Janmi followed for a short distance. When they were in a spot out of sight from any nearby windows, Jungkook bent down and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. She flushed.

  "See you."

[A/N: I J-Hope you guys liked it! (Ha get it?) I am still on a food coma from eating too much sushi at the sushi bar... My brother's laughing at my current state lol]