Chapter 15

Thank You for Listening

  "Would you quit your ing already?"

  Jungkook groaned in annoyance as he looked up from his laptop at his friend and hyung, Hoseok who was flipping his phone around in his hand instead of studying the Legal Studies book lying in front of him like he was supposed to, which was one of the reasons they came to the library in the first place.

  "We've been listening to you complain about this girl for months." Hoseok complained.

  "How do we know if this chick isn't just some coma induced hallucination?" Taehyung joked with a grin.

  Jungkook looked at both of his fyungs (friends + hyungs) with annoyance. After returning to school from the hospital, he had managed to find these two as friends. He liked them and their relationship was definitely much more genuine than any other he had had in his life, but it was times like these that made him question why he was with these people.

  "What are you going to do?" Hoseok asked. "Go around every street and ask everybody you see if they know of a flower shop that closed down last year?"

  "If it comes down to it, yes!" Jungkook answered.

  Taehyung pushed his chair backwards, making a harsh scraping sound against the wooden floor, and jumped out of his seat and ran around the table to where Jungkook sat. He grabbed Jungkook's laptop by the screen and lifted it up to him.

  "Hey! What are you doing?!" Jungkook exclaimed.

  "Oh my god!" Taehyung cackled. "You're on Google page eleven! You truly must be desperate!"

  Jungkook elbowed him in the thigh and snatched his laptop back.

  "Dear lord he's obsessed." Hoseok joked.

  "Shut up." Jungkook smiled before returning to his search. He had pretty much exhausted every link on the internet. He discovered over the past three months that it was surprisingly difficult to find information about small businesses that closed down last year.

  "Where are we going after school?" Hoseok asked.

  "Gangnam shopping centre." He answered without looking up from his laptop. Recently he had taken to going around shopping centres and asking the management if they previously had any florist's shops that closed down. It wasn't the most effective strategy as he had no guarantee that the girl's shop was ever even in a shopping centre, but it was a place to start. Gangnam would be the fourth place he would be checking.

  "Remind me again why we are even going with you with your little Cinderella mission?" Hoseok asked.

  Jungkook pointed a finger at them. "I didn't ask you two for anything, you hyungs are the ones that are insisting on coming with me."

  Taehyung wrapped an arm around his shoulder. "Oh come on, what kind of friends would we be if we let our sick friend chase a shadow alone?"

  "Friends with no lives." Jungkook replied.

  "Like you're one to talk, coma boy." Hoseok pointed out.

  The bell signalling the end of the lunch period rang.

  Jungkook sighed and shut his laptop. Taehyung jumped over the table and grabbed his bag from the seat. "See you ers! I got Chem."

  "Bye!" Jungkook and Hoseok waved as Taehyung shot out the library doors, the library lady yelling at him for causing a ruckus as he did.

  Jungkook grabbed his bag and followed Hoseok out of the library. They both had Business studies together.

  "Hey I got a question, what are you going to do if you actually find this girl?" Hoseok asked as they walked down the halls to their class. "There's always the chance that she isn't interested in dating you."

  "Either way, I still want to know who she is. Whatever happens I want to thank her for everything." Jungkook answered.

  Hoseok shook his head jokingly. "My, my, such a prince charming."

  Jungkook punched him in the arm and Hoseok laughed.

  Jungkook looked at his fyung. His full name was Jung Hoseok. Hoseok was a boy of around the same height as Jungkook. Olive in skin tone with ash brown hair and grey coloured eyes. He more often had a bright grin on his face that made his demeanour seem slightly cheeky. He was the picture of good health; it was difficult to believe that he had cancer just last year.

  Previously before Jungkook was hospitalised, Hoseok was in his year and the two shared a sort of acquaintanceship. They weren't very close back then, talking to each other only when they met at events. But after Jungkook had returned to school, he had been held back a year due to his long absence, leaving him a year behind what had once been the rest of his classmates. However he found that Hoseok was the only student also put into the same situation. Hoseok was also largely absent from school last year also due to hospitalisation. When the both of them returned to school, they instantly bonded over the fact that they only knew each other in the year, and that all those who were once their classmates were now their seniors. A fact that annoyed the both of them since it was largely laughed about by their former classmates.

  After Jungkook became friends with Hoseok, he introduced to him Kim Taehyung. Taehyung was a year younger than Hoseok and a few months older than Jungkook, but they made quick friends. Taehyung was an almost abnormally tanned boy with hazel brown eyes and his messy hair bleached almost platinum blond. He refused to give them a straight answer when they asked him what his real hair colour was; he always gave them a different reply.

  Taehyung was what most would consider a handsome boy, but he always had a slightly crazy grin on his face which made most people a bit wary of him. His crazy look was in line with his personality. He always had insane ideas and Jungkook knew that the guy has broken more laws than one, but at his heart Taehyung was a good guy.

  Jungkook and Hoseok sat down in their seats and began waiting for their class to start. Jungkook couldn't wait until the last bell rang. He wanted to get back to his search as soon as possible.