Chapter 5

Thank You for Listening

  "Hi Jungkook, I'm back again." She greeted. She waved at him even though she knew that he couldn't see. In her other hand she held a bouquet wrapped in purple wrapping. The amounts of flowers were lesser than before but she had still did her best to arrange it the best she could. The bouquet was of a red and pink colour scheme.

  "This might be the last time I can bring you flowers…" she said as she put the bouquet in the vase. "It really does look like my mom's business is going down…She's already making plans to shut down our shop…"

  The girl sat herself down, but she dragged the chair closer to the bed so that her elbows rested on the mattress. "You know, it's weird…I've been trying my best to avoid coming here, I really am just an intruder after all, but now I'm coming here almost every other day. You really are easy to talk to. If you can hear me, you probably think I'm a nuisance…"

  The girl chuckled lightly. "The nurses already know me as your girlfriend. I'm sorry about that. When you wake up, you can tell your girlfriend that I'm sorry too."

  Her expression grew a bit more sorrowful. "It looks like our shop won't last another month, probably less than that. We'll be officially closed soon." She gave a small smile. "But on the bright side, I think I'm keeping the private school topic at bay. I'm still going to my public school, and grandpa isn't pressuring me so much now. I'm fairly confident that I can spend the rest of my secondary education at my school if I try. My mom's arguing for me that taking me out now would be bad for my grades."

The girl's expression changed to a frown again. "But, then grandpa throws another problem at us. It turns out, getting us to lose the business is only part one of his evil master plan. I didn't even think about it. He wants us to move in with him!"

  "If we don't have the business, then we don't have an income. If we don't have an income, then we can't pay the mortgage on the house! And you just know grandpa isn't going to pay for us. If we're kicked out than we really have no choice but to move in with him!"

  The girl jumped up from the chair and gripped the sheets of the bed, her sudden weight causing the bed to move. "I don't want to move in with him, I don't! I grew up in my house with my mom and dad! I've lived there all my life! It has memories of my dad there! My dad taught me how to cook there!"

  "I've seen my grandpa's house and I don't want to live there! I know the place is huge and expensive and well decorated and all that but I hate it! It's so big that it feels empty and overly extravagant. People come in and out all the time and it's got servants. It doesn't feel like a home, especially when people you don't know are always around. And it's further away from my school and friends. I don't like it there, and I can't stand the idea of living with him when he gets out of hospital."

  The girl dropped back down into her seat. "Sorry, I think I shook up your bed a little bit. Sorry if that was uncomfortable for you or anything." After she seemed to calm down a bit, she started talking again. "Well, after all this, even my friends started noticing, I mean you can't not notice a shop closing down. They started asking me about it. They had such worried faces and I felt so guilty for both not telling them as well as having to tell them. It's like I lose either way. Anyway, I just told them the very basics of what's happening. I really still couldn't bring myself to tell them the whole truth."

  "…sorry for ranting again." She apologised. "I really should try to at least make these visits less depressing. I'm your intruder after all. Well, I have some good news, but it's not about me. You know my friend with the divorcing parents?"

  "Well, it seems, the divorce is finally going to be finalized. She moved into an apartment with her mother. I asked her about it and it turns out that she's relieved. Now her parents won't be fighting anymore and she wouldn't have to listen to the conflict anymore. I asked her if she was sad about it, she nodded but she said that it didn't matter. She had expected it to happen for years. She's just happy that it's finally over."

  The girl smiled. "Well, she seems happier now, so I guess it's good."

  The girl took her phone out of her skirt pocket. "Um, okay, I downloaded a bunch of podcasts on my phone so you'll have something to listen to that isn't my whining." She placed her phone onto his pillow and pressed the play button.

  "This podcast is really weird, in fact my friend thought it was so weird she didn't like it, but it's funny because it's so weird. So I hope you'll enjoy it…"

 

[A/N: Yes, we hope you enjoy it :) Unconscioustomato says hi!]