Chapter 7

Thank You for Listening

  "Wow, can you believe it's been six months already?" the girl said as she roamed around the hospital room. "I really have no life to be visiting you every other day. My friends have been noticing me missing every other day. They asked me where I keep going straight after school."

  She blushed and looked bashful. "It was so embarrassing trying to explain that I keep coming here to visit a comatose boy who's a stranger. I told my guy friends that I'm just visiting my grandpa out of obligation, but I told my female friend the truth. She acted nice, but she looked at me like I was crazy. Not that I blame her, I'm pretty certain this is some level of crazy as well."

  "She promised to keep the secret for me though. God forbid what would happen if the guys found out. I just know they're going to want to come here themselves. That would be so awkward, especially to explain to the nurses. Not to mention I'm pretty certain you'd hate it, one weird intruder is already enough."

  She walked over to the side of his bed and noticed that there was a strand of hair in his face. His honey brown hair was starting to grow out, and at that length she could now tell for certain that is hair was indeed a bit wavy, it wasn't just bed hair. She reached out, and gently brushed his hair to the side and out of his face.

  "You know, I just found out when I was walking over here, that the nurses now know me as the 'loyal coma girlfriend." She flushed red and buried her face in her hands. "I'm sooo sorry!" she moaned. "I never meant for things to get this far. This is so embarrassing. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with my mess when you wake up. The nurses think it's like some kind of romantic story, but in reality I'm just some weird stranger."

  "You know, I'm starting to get used to living with grandpa. I'm getting used to the house. But now I realise it's grandpa I can't stand. He keeps trying to change me to fit the mould he wants for me, like he's trying so hard to forcible get rid of anything that indicated my past, even my dad!"

  She groaned. "And you know; he still treats my mom like crap; my mom's room is like a servant or storage room. It's even smaller than this hospital room. It's like he's trying to rub it in her face that she's not welcome." She looked angry. "He doesn't care that I don't want to be what he wants me to be. He's a bastard and I honestly don't want to do anything he wants to. He keeps giving me these tutors, who are complete s by the way, so that I can join the family business or some other crap."

  "What's worse is that I can't complain; my mom and I can't do anything while we're dependent on him." She shook her head. "And he's getting worse again. He saw my friends and he wants me to cut relations. He thinks they're too 'low class'. Damn snob of an old man." She spat. "He won't let them near our house. And after he dropped the private school topic, he brought back up the last name topic."

  "Can you believe his gall?!" she nearly yelled. "He's putting pressure on me to change my name again, and it's not going to happen! Now I wouldn't be surprised if he brings back up the private school issue, or tries something like 'if you want your last name you have to go to this school'"

  "I will not do what he wants me to." She said assertively. "As soon as I can stand on my own feet, I'll get my own job and get away from him."

  "You know, I just got a dog yesterday, grandpa gave it to me. I was pretty happy about that. I thought he gave it to me as a kind of peace offering, but it turns out, it wasn't his idea. I was one of his friends, partners, servants or whatever that suggested it as a way to pacify me. I cannot believe that old man." She sighed. "I didn't even get to name him. Grandpa did. He's called Hunter. I so would not have named him that. He's a German Shepard too. I would never have chosen that kind of dog, but grandpa thinks that small cute dogs are just a waste of money and time."

  "But don't get me wrong! I really like Hunter, he's really adorable, and he's taken a liking to me. I just don't like the reason grandpa gave him to me, or the fact that he's controlling everything." The girl sighed again and sat down beside Jungkook. She had a bag that she placed by the chair when she first came in and she raised it onto her lap and pulled a book out of it.

  "Hey, I guess that if you can hear everything, you're probably pretty bored. So I borrowed a book from my library. This book is getting really popular; in fact they're making a movie about it now. It's going to play in theatres sometime next year. So I thought you might like to read it, well hear it, I'll read it for you. Sorry, looks like you're going to be stuck with listening to me for much longer now." She joked.

  "It's a trilogy too so this is going to take a while." She chuckled and opened to the front page. "Okay, chapter one…"