Chapter 19

Thank You for Listening

  "What?!" Jungkook hissed in disbelieve.

  Taehyung flipped the two sheet's around so that they faced Jungkook. "There are two girls who applied here and they both put 'flower shop' on their resumes." 

  Jungkook glanced back outside. "Dude, I think Hoseok is signalling us. We should get out of here."

  "Whatever, I'll just get both." Taehyung took out his phone and snapped a picture of both resumes.

  "Hurry!"

  "I'm hurrying, just wait!" Taehyung hissed. He put the sheets carefully but quickly back in the drawer and set everything back the way it was.

  The two boys hurried out of the room, running around the shelves in the opposite direction to Hoseok and Solyi so that she wouldn't see them coming from the direction of the office. When they reached behind Hoseok, they saw that Solyi was looking at the back where they had been not a minute ago.

  "Oh, hey, where did you two go?" Solyi asked when she noticed them.

  "We were just looking around the store." Jungkook lied calmly. Considering what they just did, Hoseok thought it was almost creepy how easily Jungkook lied. He carried himself casually, although Hoseok was certain that there was adrenaline in his veins.

  "We should get going now." Said Taehyung.

  "Yeah, we should go." Jungkook repeated.

  Solyi looked surprised at their abrupt decision to leave. "Oh, well then, see you!" she gave them a small wave with her hand. "Sorry I couldn't be more help, but…" she gave Jungkook an encouraging smile. "Good luck okay? I know you'll find her."

  Jungkook smiled. He was thankful for her consideration. "Thanks, Solyi."

  They waved her goodbye, Solyi noticeably showing more of a disappointed reaction at Hoseok's goodbye, and the three left the store.

  "I can't believe we just did that." Hoseok exclaimed when they were far away from the store. His tone was one of shock, but his face bore a grin.

  "Fun, ain't it?" Taehyung cackled.

  "You two did all the fun part." He pointed out. "Now I got a poor girl drooling over me."

  "You're so full of yourself." Jungkook laughed.

  "So did you get it?"

  "Yeah, but there was two." Taehyung answered.

  "Two?"

  Taehyung showed him the two photos on his slightly smashed phone screen. "Yep. There are two resumes for two different girls. Both worked in a flower shop before."

  "Which one was the girl Solyi saw?"

  "Don't know. Resumes don't come with a physical description."

  "So what now?"

  "We'll just have to check them both out." Said Jungkook. "Does the resume say where we might find them?"

  Taehyung looked at the photos. "Okay, one of the girls is called Kim Hana. It says here that she currently works at a restaurant. The second girl is called Song Dan Ah and she does volunteer work as a clerk at the Songbird charity shop."

  "So, we go to the restaurant and charity." Said Jungkook.

  Taehyung used his phone and began looking up the restaurant. "Bad news. The restaurant is closed today."

  "We could go to Songbird's." Hoseok suggested.

  "Nah, the resume says she doesn't work there today."

  "So we can't do anything today?" Jungkook exclaimed.

  "Nup." Taehyung answered. "Looks like we'll have to deal with this tomorrow."

  Jungkook groaned and buried his face in his hands. This was so frustrating. Not only to have his search put off another long day, but now the situation was twice as complicated. "Fine, we'll meet up again tomorrow."