Chapter 6

Thank You for Listening

  "Hiya!" she greeted as she ducked into the room. Once again she held in her hands a big and bright bouquet.

  She walked over to the window sill and began replacing the flowers. "I got a proper arrangement for you again!"

  She sat herself down by Jungkook's side, lying partially in his mattress. She was getting used to getting near him now. "Can you believe it's been three months already? Three months of a weird girl you don't know coming to visit you. Again, I hope you don't mind too much."

  She glanced over at the flowers sitting in the vase. "As you know, my mom's shop is officially shut down now, but this morning my mom drove us to the market to go buy more, so I managed to get these for you. Don't worry, they're as fresh as they can get, just this morning." She turned to him and flashed him a smile. "We may not be in business anymore, but my mom still is a florist at heart. She's still arranging flowers at home, but now she just does it for friends. But the good thing is I can still bring you flowers, so I can still thank you for not waking up and killing me."

  She giggled. She sat back in her chair and smiled. "We just moved into grandpa's house two days ago. It's a huge adjustment. I still don't like the house, but I guess I can get used to it…The problem was moving. We ended up digging up a lot of stuff in our house. I found my old Barbies that I thought were lost forever. But…we also found a lot of stuff from my dad…"

  The girl looked sad but she did her best to keep a smile. "You know, I've been avoiding thinking about my dad for a long time, there was too much stuff going on and I didn't have the time to think about it…"

  "My dad was a good dad. He kind of spoiled me and was way too clingy and overprotective. In fact, I used to think my dad was annoying. I kept yelling at him to stop bugging me. You know, he once tailed me an entire day when I went out to the city with my friends. I was so pissed when I found out. I yelled at him the entire way home."

  "It was a huge surprise when the doctor told us that he had cancer. And it happened so fast. In two months my dad was gone, and all of this happened. It hasn't even been a year since it all happened."

Tears started welling in her eyes. She looked down at her feet. "I was a spoiled brat to my dad. I'm glad that I gave him a goodbye kiss the last time I saw him, because my last words to him were 'dad get away from me, you're annoying.'"

  The girl began to cry, and she curled up in a ball in her chair, hugging her legs to her chest. She muffled her sobs in her jacket. "S-sorry for crying." She apologised when she gathered herself once again. "I don't mean to bother you…It's just that I haven't cried in a while…I'm sorry."

  She sniffed back her sobs and forced a smile. "Sorry. You must be getting pretty sick of me, but all the more motivation to wake up." She reached out and placed her hand on top of his. It felt warm to the touch. It was the first time she made physical contact with his that wasn't an accidental brush up. "You're pretty warm you know. I wouldn't be surprised if you wake up soon. I really hope you do."

  "Oh, you want to know something funny?" she perked up. "You know my other male friend? He's best friends with the family problem friend. Man, it sounds so bad to keep addressing him like that to you. Okay, from now on, he's going to be called the blond friend, and his friend will be called the brunet friend. Okay, anyway, brunet friend has been acting weird lately right? He's been secretive and stuff, and he keeps leaving early when we go out. So it turns out, he got a job! And guess what he is? He's a waiter!"

  The girl laughed. "Can you imagine him as a waiter? And I have to remind you, this is the guy who is socially awkward and super clumsy with the widest shoulders you have ever seen on a man. And just to mess with him, we all went to his restaurant to eat, and blond friend just kept pushing his buttons on purpose. I know it sounds mean but it was so funny watching him trying not to throw soup in his face. In the end, brunet friend got his revenge by charging him the most expensive meal when he asked for a 'surprise'."

  "Oh, I just remembered." She took out her phone once again. "A new episode of the podcast came out. Here…"

 

[A/N: Does anyone get the references of the blond and brunet friends here? ;)]