Chapter 28

Thank You for Listening

[A/N: Hey guys! I am so sorry for not updating last night! I had this and my first chapter of Summer, 1023 in a new tab and I was typing the new chap of Summer and guess what? THE INTERNET WENT DOWN. So I had to copy and paste both updates onto Microsoft Word and save it there because I couldn't update :< Imagine my anger LOL. But hey, here's an update! I might even double update this again tonight to make up for it^_^]

  Jungkook sat in his class, bored. It was the last period of the day and they literally had gotten nothing done the entire class. This particular lesson required the smart screen and computer, and since the very beginning, their computer illiterate teacher had no idea what the hell he was doing. The entire lesson was filled with technical difficulties and sending several students to go get the IT guys. The class was nearly over by now yet the screen still only showed a video on repeat for one single scene that had no audio.

  The teacher had pretty much given up and the class was now wandering around doing whatever they wanted. Jungkook pulled out his phone. Normally he would be talking to Hoseok but the teacher had sent him to the IT office. He flipped through his phone photos, briefly reliving the memory of when they were taken. He soon found his way on the bottom of the album and saw the pictures that were taken just the other day at the park

  He chuckled. He remembered what happened. There had been a band performing on the stage. Two of the members wore animal costumes, one a rabbit and the other a bear. During break, Taehyung stole the rabbit costume, put it on, went on stage, and proceeded to humiliate random people in the crowd by getting them onstage and making them perform some sort of 'talent'. It had been enjoyable and everybody just thought it was part of the show, but the actual band members and event workers didn't take it so well. They chased Taehyung through the park, but he quickly ditched the costume, and since the workers didn't know what he actually looked like, he got off Scott free.

  Jungkook was amazed at Taehyung's gall, as after they had given up searching for him, he bold faced went up to the member that was supposed to be in the rabbit costume and proceeded to complimented him for the talent show. Jungkook could barely keep a straight face as he watched the band members awkwardly act like it really had been part of the show.

  The best part was when Taehyung made Jangmi and Rayoung go up on stage. Neither of them had any idea what to do. Jangmi was blushing tomato red with embarrassment. Jungkook thought it was cute how she blushed easily. The two girls weren't allowed to leave until they did something, and they ended up perfectly reciting a tongue twister in unison. Jungkook thought that they would be pissed when they found out it was Taehyung behind the rabbit suit, but Rayoung ended up bursting into laughter and Jangmi followed.

  Jungkook had taken a lot of photos that day. He looked through the ones of Taehyung being chased through the crowd and Jangmi and Rayoung on stage, before stopping at a photo of him and Jangmi together. He smiled. They looked like a couple.

  "What are you grinning at?"

  Jungkook turned around and saw Sewon standing behind his chair. He quickly shut off his phone screen. "Tae stole a rabbit costume and went on stage yesterday." He explained quickly.

  "Stole it?" Sewon asked with a raised eyebrow. "Didn't get caught for that?"

  Jungkook grinned. "Nope. Even walked up to the costume owner later and talked to him like nothing happened."

  Sewon shook her head in a disapproving fashion. "No wonder he keeps doing these things, he never suffers the consequences."

  Jungkook laughed. "Did he do something to you?"

  "He replaced some palm cards in debate club. Yoo Jin ended up having to recite the whole debate by memory because the sheets just had names of car models on them. I told the teachers it was Taehyung but they didn't believe me because I had no proof."

  Jungkook grinned. That definitely sounded like Taehyung. He should warn him not to push Sewon too far, she was stubborn and determined. If he crossed her one more time, he might lose his streak of no consequences.

  "Hey Jungkook! Let's go. The bell's going to ring in a minute." Hoseok called out from the door, just as the bell rang. "Scratch that, right now." He corrected.

  Jungkook stood up from his seat and he grabbed his bag. "See you, noona." He said. He walked over to the door and he put his phone away.

  From behind him, Sewon looked at his phone as it was slipped into his pocket. "Goodbye, Jungkook."

  Jungkook followed Hoseok as they followed the hoard of student's towards the school gates. "How were the IT guys?" he asked.

  Hoseok frowned at him disapprovingly. "Forget that for a moment dude, what the hell were you doing chatting with Sewon?"

  Jungkook made a puzzled expression. "Why not?"

  "Because she's your ex!" he hissed.

  "Just because we used to date doesn't mean I should treat her like she's a leper." Jungkook answered. "She's a good person; I don't see the problem with just talking to her. We're fine now."

  "And pigs will ride bikes." Hoseok scoffed. "Ex-girlfriends are always trouble, trust me."

  "Are you speaking from personal experience?" said Jungkook. "You should really tone down on your flirting."

  Hoseok was about to come up with a reply when they exited the gate and saw Jangmi standing by the wall. And there were two angry looking boys beside her.

  "H-hey, Jungkook." Jangmi greeted awkwardly. "This is Yoongi and Seokjin."

  Even before she introduced them, Jungkook knew who they were. She had heard of their description before. On her left stood a tall boy with dark hair and broad shoulders that he instantly knew was Seokjin. On her left was a short and lanky blond that Jungkook knew was Yoongi. They did their best to look intimidating which was successful as they were both slightly thuggish looking. Jangmi had told him before how they lived in some rougher areas of Seoul and they used to get into fights before she met them.

  "T-they found out." She said, looking apologetic. "They insisted on meeting you."

  "So you're Jeon Jungkook, huh?" said Yoongi.

  "Yeah." Jungkook answered. "And you must be Yoongi."

  The blond nodded.

  Jangmi came over to where Jungkook stood. "I just told them I met you in hospital. They don't know you were in a coma and they don't know about your family. The coma part was difficult to explain and I left your um…family status out because ever since Namjoon came along, they think all rich people s." She whispered so that only Jungkook and Hoseok could hear. "I'm sorry; they're a bit…overprotective."

  Hoseok gave Jungkook a sympathetic pat on the back. "Good luck man, you now have to make a good first impression on the friend in laws."

  "Are you Kim Taehyung?" Seokjin turned to Hoseok.

  Hoseok was caught by surprise. He realised that Taehyung was also supposed to be part of the interrogation.

  "No, no." said Jangmi. "This is Hoseok, Jungkook's other friend. He's not Tae."

  "Oh, then where's Kim Taehyung?" Seokjin pressed on.

  "He went home already." Jungkook said, covering for his friend. Behind him Hoseok was sending a text to Taehyung telling him to stay away from the front gates.

  "We're just going to tell you this." Seokjin began. "Don't do anything bad to Jangmi."

  "Don't worry, I won't." Jungkook assured. "I have absolutely no intention of doing that."

  "From what she told us, you seem like a nice guy. And from just first impressions, you're at least better than Kim ing Namjoon."

  "But if you ever do something bad to Jangmi, I will kick the out of you." Yoongi threatened.

  A thin delicate hand grabbed Yoongi by the arm and pulled him back. "Oppa!" A girl scolded. She turned to Jungkook and Hoseok. "I'm sorry; my brother's a bit overprotective."

  The girl had long brown hair and big doe eyes. There was an obvious family resemblance between her and Yoongi. She was short and thin like her brother, but she had a feminine grace that prevented her from being labelled lanky.

  Hoseok eyes immediately lit up. He moved in closer to the girl and gave her his brightest smile. "Hey, what's your name?"

  "Yoon Sera." She answered. There was a slight pink tint to her cheeks.

  "You must be friends with Jangmi. You two must be close to come all the way here to check up on her boyfriend."

  "Oh no, I mean we're friends but I'm just here to keep my brother in check. Jangmi's smart so I know she's fine, but my brother's a bit overprotective."

  "Well you're a good friend to help her." he grinned.

  Sera blushed and smiled.

  At that point Yoongi stepped in between them and Jungkook jerked Hoseok backwards by the crook of his elbow.

  "Whoa, getting a bit too chummy there, big boy." Yoongi said disapprovingly.

  "Oppa!" Sera yelped, embarrassed by her brother's behaviour.

  Jungkook pulled Hoseok behind him. "Oh no, you will not do this." He hissed. "If you hit on her and break her heart, Yoongi will get involved and Jangmi will never speak to me again." Jungkook whispered to Hoseok and he responded by putting his hands up defensively. "Hey, hey, I was just being friendly. No need to get all worked up."

  "You better not do anything." Jungkook warned.

  Jangmi was finally fed up with the awkwardness spoke up. "Um, so you see everything's fine…let's just go."

  "I'll drive you home." Jungkook offered.

  Yoongi, Seokjin, Hoseok and Sera followed Jungkook and Jangmi to where his bike was parked. Hoseok hung back to talk to Sera, and they appeared to be laughing together about something. Jungkook wanted to go back and kick Hoseok away from her, but Jangmi was talking to him so he couldn't.

  "Sorry about this." She apologised.

  "It's fine." Jungkook replied. "Hey, didn't you tell me Yoongi's last name was Min?"

  "Yeah it is." She said. "It's because him and Sera are…half siblings. She used to have the same last name but his mom had it changed back."

  "Oh." Was all Jungkook said. That entire sentence implied a can of worms and from what Jangmi had told him before about Yoongi, it sounded bad. He chose not to pry any further.

  "Well it's nice to see Sera and Hoseok getting along." Jangmi smiled.

  Jungkook turned around and saw Hoseok giving Sera a theatrical showy kiss on the hand which Sera giggled at. Right beside them was Yoongi looking like he's about to spontaneously combust. Jungkook scowled. He muttered something under his breath.

  "I need to kick his for this later."