Interest?

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            The next few weeks, Jaehoon acted like nothing happened. Seulgi hasn’t told Wendy about what happened to them too. The three girls became regular customers of Red Velvet Café and friends with Irene. One afternoon after dismissal time, Jaehoon is walking alone in the hallway while Seulgi is secretly following him. When Jaehoon suddenly looked back, she hid behind a locker. When she looked for him, he was gone. Suddenly, someone talked behind Seulgi.

                                                                                                                               

“Why are you following me?” Jaehoon said while looking down on Seulgi.

“I-I…”

 

            Seulgi didn’t know what to say. She asked herself that question. Why is she following him? Suddenly, Jaehoon pinned her lightly against one of the lockers, preventing her from escaping.

 

“What? Cat got your tongue? I asked you a question.”

 

            Her mind went back to the time when Jaehoon saved her from those bad guys.

 

“Why were you following me that night when I got in trouble?”

“I wasn’t following you. I was on my way home too and coincidentally, we have the same route... I’ve answered your question, now answer mine.”

 

            Seulgi wanted to say something but her voice is stuck in so she just kept quiet.

 

“Shouldn’t you be going to Red Velvet Café with Wendy?”

 

            She just nodded mindlessly. Jaehoon leaned in and whispered in her ear.

 

“Perhaps you’re interested in me?”

 

           Seulgi blushed at Jaehoon’s statement. She’s mentally scolding herself on why she’s blushing from his words. Jaehoon leaned again. This time, Seulgi closed her eyes shut.

 

“Be careful. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

 

             Seulgi opened her eyes but Jaehoon is nowhere to be seen. She immediately went to Red Velvet Café and saw Wendy and Joy outside.

 

“Hey! Where have you been Seulgi? We’ve been waiting for you!”

“I’m sorry. I just got caught up with something earlier.”

“Well, let’s go in! I’m hungry!” Joy told her two unnies.

 

            They went inside but to their surprise, a girl greeted them.

 

“Oh? Krystal?” Wendy recognized the girl from their class.

“Hi Wendy! Hi Seulgi!”

“Hello Krystal. You work here too?” Seulgi greeted back.

“Yes. It’s my first day today.”

“I see. Good luck then.”

“Thanks. I’ll get back to work now.”

 

            Wendy approached Irene who’s standing behind the counter.        

 

“Hi Irene unnie, where’s Jaehoon?” Wendy asked.

“Oh, he called in sick today. Is there a problem?”

“Nope, we’re just curious why he’s not here. Thanks unnie!”

“You’re welcome. So, the usual then?”

“Of course!”

 

            The three of them sat down on a vacant table. After a few minutes of chatting, their order is served by Krystal. Seulgi is spacing out, not touching her food one bit and that caught Wendy’s attention.

 

“Hello? Earth to Seulgi?” Wendy said while waving her hands in front of Seulgi’s face.

“Huh? What? What’s happening?” Seulgi snapped out of her trance.

“You tell me. You’ve been staring blankly into space for a while now. You haven’t even touched your food.”

“I’ve just thinking of something. Sorry if I worried you.”

“Is there something you’re hiding from us?” Wendy eyed her suspiciously.

“N-No… W-Why w-would y-you t-think t-that?”

“You’ve been spacing out much lately. Mr. Jung already scolded you for not listening to his class earlier. Tell me the truth, what’s bothering you?”

“Nothing… Look, I’m okay. I just have a lot on my mind lately.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter