Business

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            It’s 7 in the morning and Seulgi is woken up by the sound of someone knocking on her front door.

 

“What the heck?! This is the third time already! Why does everyone kept on disturbing my sleep?!” Seulgi thought.

 

            She went to the front door and opened it a bit harshly, startling the person who knocked. It was a girl, with a huge travelling bag behind her.

 

“Oh… Hello… Is this Jaehoon’s apartment?”

“He lives next door, on the right.”

“Thank God! I thought he was living with a girl just now. Anyway, I’m sorry for troubling you.”

“Yeah, sure…”

“Thank you!”

 

            The girl bowed and went in front of Jaehoon’s door. Seulgi closed her own door and went back to her room.

 

 

 

 

            The said girl knocked on Jaehoon’s door. He came out after a few moments.

 

“Who in the world—?”

“Hi Jaehoon!”

“Jiyeon?”

“Hey, I go by Kei now. Jiyeon is a pretty common name.”

Jaehoon rolled his eyes. “What are you doing here?”

“Visiting you, of course! Now let me in. Jet lag is killing me.”

 

            Kei immediately went inside, dragging her bag along with her. She settled down on the couch.

 

“Nice place you got here. Your room in L.A. is much bigger, but I’m not judging.”

“Let’s cut to the chase. Why are you here?”

“I’m visiting you! Can’t I visit my adorable and lovable cousin?”

“Under normal circumstances, I would believe that. But now, I don’t think so.”

 

            Jaehoon looked down at Kei sternly.

 

“Okay, I give up. You got me. Uncle told me to come here and pick you up.”

“Pick me up? For what?”

“Maybe it’s better if you ask him personally. Let’s go to the mansion later.”

“Aish, fine…”

 

            Jaehoon looked at Kei suspiciously, but he didn’t say anything.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that? Am I too beautiful?”

“It’s quite the opposite actually.

“Yah! Is that how you treat your guest?! I flew from L.A. to here and this is what I get?!”

“Then let’s go eat breakfast outside. We have a lot of catching up to do.”

 

 

 

 

            Meanwhile, Seulgi tried to go back to sleep but she failed.

 

“Who is that girl? Why is she looking for Jaehoon? Maybe she’s— No. But what if she’s—? Ahh!! Stop thinking Seulgi!”

 

            Seulgi ruffled her hair in annoyance, just like what Wendy did last time.

 

“Maybe a morning walk would do me some good. Yep, that’s right.”

 

            She went to the bathroom to freshen up, and then she changed into more comfortable clothes before going out. But then, she saw Jaehoon also going out with the girl earlier.

 

“Good morning.” Jaehoon greeted first.

“Good morning.” Seulgi greeted back.

“Oh, you’re the girl from earlier.” Kei said.

“You know her?” Jaehoon asked.

“I knocked on her door mistakenly, thinking that was your apartment.”

“I see. Her name is Seulgi. Seulgi, this is—“

“Kei. Nice to meet you.” Kei cut him off and held out her hand, which Seulgi shook.

“Nice to meet you too.”

 “So, where are you going?” Jaehoon asked Seulgi.

“I’m just going to take a morning walk.”

“Then would you mind having breakfast with us?” Kei asked.

 

            Seulgi looked at Jaehoon and he nodded his head discreetly, as if telling her to accept it.

 

“Of course not, I’ll gladly have breakfast with you.”

“Perfect! So, shall we get going?”

 

            Kei didn’t wait for their reply and strutted towards the elevator. Seulgi and Jaehoon exchanged glances like they’re conversing with their eyes.

 

“Umm… Hello? What are you two waiting for?” Kei called from inside the elevator.

“Oh, coming…”

 

 

 

 

            They were pretty quiet while walking, with Seulgi and Jaehoon stealing glances from each other behind Kei’s back.

 

“So, where are we eating?” Kei asked without looking back.

“I thought you know a place, considering you’re in front.”

“Hey, I’m just taking a look around. I’m not yet familiar with this place.”

“Then you should follow me. I know somewhere we could eat. Let’s go.” Jaehoon glanced at Seulgi for like, two seconds and they already understood each other.

“Lead the way then, Mr. GPS.” Kei said, letting Jaehoon walk in front of her.

 

            Kei walked beside Seulgi and smiled at her, which the latter returned rather awkwardly.

 

 

 

 

            The three of them arrived at Red Velvet Café after a few minutes of walking. There weren’t many people yet because it’s still a bit early. They sat down on an empty table and Seulgi volunteered to order for them.

 

“So umm… What would you like?”

“I’ll have pancakes! Oh, and one mocha latte too!” Kei said enthusiastically.

“Belgian waffles and cappuccino for me.” Jaehoon said.

 

            Seulgi walked to the counter, leaving Kei and Jaehoon to themselves. When Seulgi was out of earshot, Kei spoke to Jaehoon.

 

“You know, Seulgi’s pretty cute.”

“I know.”

“Is she your girlfriend?”

“Huh? Umm… No.”

“Hmm… I sense something unusual…” Kei smirked.

“Stop with the nonsense already. You’re just hungry.”

 

            Kei just hummed in response. At the same time, Seulgi is talking to Irene at the counter.

 

“Good morning unnie!”

“Oh, good morning Seulgi! What would you like to have?”

“Two orders of pancakes along with mocha latte and hot chocolate. Also, one order of Belgian waffles with cappuccino.”

“Hmm? For three people? Is Wendy and Joy with you?”

“Nope.” Seulgi gestured towards their table and Irene saw Jaehoon with Kei.

“Who’s that girl?”

“I don’t know. She said her name is Kei.” Seulgi shrugged.

“Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter