Closer

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           The next few days, Seulgi and Jaehoon gradually became closer. Their other classmates are oblivious to this, but Wendy is catching up bit by bit. She notices the subtle glances they make, the “unintentional” touching of their hands, and their little interactions whenever no one was looking. Their professor is taking about which clubs they’d like to join, when Wendy caught them smiling to each other once again.

 

“Now I’m sure there’s something going on between you two.” Wendy whispered.

 

            The two just shrugged it off, pretending to be innocent. The professor dismissed the class so they can choose which clubs they’d join. When Wendy and Seulgi went out of the room, Jaehoon followed them.

 

“So, what club are you joining?” Jaehoon asked.

“I don’t know. I haven’t chosen yet.” Seulgi answered.

“Let’s join the Cooking Club!” Wendy suggested.

“Maybe it’s better to check the bulletin board for the available clubs.” Jaehoon told the two.

“I agree.”

 

            They went to see the bulletin board and there are many students who were also looking at it. Wendy, due to her short size, was able to squeeze through the crowd. But when she got close, she saw that there were very few available clubs left.

 

“Oh come on. The Cooking Club is full already?”

“Seems like it.”

“We could join the Volleyball Club, but there are tryouts for that club.”

“I’m sure you won’t get in anyway. You’re too short.” Jaehoon teased, earning a punch on his arm by Wendy.

“I’m not asking for your opinion.”

“Look, the Dance Club has a few slots available. Let’s check it out.” Seulgi said.

“Are you sure? I think the Dance Club also holds auditions. Also, Ms. Kwon handles that class! You know how strict she is!” Wendy exclaimed.

“There’s no harm in trying right? Or you just don’t know how to dance?” Jaehoon teased Wendy again, which rewarded him with another punch.

 

            In the end, they followed Seulgi’s suggestion and checked out the Dance Club. When they arrived at the dance studio, it was almost full but the Ms. Kwon hasn’t arrived yet. Seulgi and Wendy were talking about random things while Jaehoon kept himself busy with his phone. Suddenly, someone came inside through the front door. All of the other students turned their attention to the newcomer.

 

“Hello! Are you a new student? I haven’t seen you around before.” One guy asked.

“Sorry, but I’m not. My name is Irene Bae and I’m going to be the new teacher for the Dance Club from now on, since Ms. Kwon is quite busy with other matters.

 

            Seulgi, Wendy and Jaehoon looked surprised to see Irene. The students cheered for a second, but they suddenly doubted the new teacher.

 

“Oh, I know that look. I assure you, I am more than capable of teaching you. Do you want a demonstration?”

 

            The students nodded in agreement. Irene looked around and scanned the room.

 

“Hmm… Let’s see. I think I’m going to need a volunteer… How about you Jaehoon?”

 

            Jaehoon’s eyes widened when Irene called his name.

 

“W-Well, y-you s-see…”

“Come to the front please. We’ll just have a little performance for the newcomers.”

 

            Jaehoon walked to the front and he could hear the other students talking like, “Can that nerd even dance?” “Why is he here?” “He doesn’t belong to this club.” “Let’s see how he humiliates himself.”

 

“So, are you ready?”

“Please don’t do this to me.” Jaehoon said, making the others laugh.

“Nonsense!”

 

            Irene walked to the speaker and plugged in her iPod. She played a track and Jaehoon was surprised when he heard the intro.

 

“Are you serious?”

“Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Aish… Fine…”

 

            The guys were shocked when Irene started dancing solo.

 

Meoreojyeoman ganeun geudae you're the only one
Naega saranghaetdeon geonmankeum you're the only one
Apeugo apeujiman babo katjiman goodbye
Tashi neol mot bonda haedo you're the only one
Only one

Eosaekhage majuanja sasohan yaegiro anbureul mudko
Kakkeum daehwahka kkeunhgineun sunkaneneun chagaun jeongjeok uril eolke
Mandeureo (mandeureo)

Chigeum I jarieseo urineun nami dwehketji 
Eoneu nugunganeun nunmul heullimyeo namketjiman
Sangcheojuji anheuryeogo jakku aereul sseogamyeonseo 
Nunchi boneun ni moseub shirheo so I'll let you go

Naesarang ijeneun annyeong you're the only one (you're the only one)
Ibyeorhaneun isunkanedo you're the only one
Apeugo apeujiman pabo katjiman go-od bye
Tashi neol mot bonda haedo you're the only one
Only one

 

            But after a few moments, it was the girls’ turn to be shocked. Jaehoon removed his glasses and placed them on the table before he joined Irene in dancing.

 

You're the only one, only one

Kabjakseureon naye ma-re 
Waehnji moreuge neon anshimhandeuthae
Eodiseobuteo urin ireohke jalmotdwehn geolkka 
Orae jeonbuteo, dareun gonman, gidaehan geon aninji

Neomu dareun shijakkwah kkeutye geu nal-karoumi 
Nae shimjangeul chireuneun apeumeun waeh ttokgateunji
Beokchan gaseumi han sunkane kong-heoha-ge muneojyeoseo 
Ireon nae moseub eotteohke ireoseolkka

Naesarang ijeneun annyeong you're the only one (only o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter