Back

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Late update again... *sigh* What am I doing with my life?

 

 

 

          The following week, Jaehoon went back to the university for the first time since his breakup with Seulgi. He arrived there using his car and all the other students turned their heads at his direction. A chorus of squeals and screams were heard as soon as he stepped out of his car while wearing sunglasses.

 

“Jaehoon oppa!” “Oh my gosh, he’s so hot!” “Please notice me, sunbaenim!” “Oppa , date me please!”

 

          Jaehoon gave his fangirls a small smile as he walked towards his classroom. When he stepped through the door, his classmates mobbed him.

 

“Where have you been?” “We saw you on the news!” “Congratulations!” “You’re amazing!”

“Alright, calm down everyone. I’m still the same. There’s no need for you to give me a special treatment. I’m also a student here, you know?” Jaehoon waved them off.

 

          He was about to sit down on his seat but Krystal came over to him.

 

“Hey, oppa.”

“What’s up, Krys?”

 

          He was surprised when Krystal smacked the back of his head, earning a gasp from their other classmates.

 

“You were gone for months and you only show up now? You didn’t even come to work. At least tell us if you’re quitting. You don’t even have to work at the café anymore. It’s logical, really. You’re already a CEO of a company and—”

“Relax. I’ll be working at Red Velvet Café later.”

“What?”

“I’ll work at the café later. Don’t worry.”

“You mean it?”

“Since when did I lie to you?”

 

          Krystal suddenly tackled him into a hug, almost knocking him down on the floor.

 

“Thank you! Thank you! We missed you so much!”

“I missed you too. Is Irene noona mad at me?”

“Nope. She was always waiting for you to come.”

“I’m happy to know that.”

“By the way, why is Nayeon with you during the gala? Are you—“

 

          Krystal was interrupted by multiple shouts of male students.

 

“Make way for Kang Seulgi!” “Noona, you’re so pretty!” “Please go out with me!”

 

          Seulgi and Wendy entered the room, and the former lovers immediately made eye contact. Neither of them spoke and Seulgi took her seat beside him. Wendy eyed them carefully while Krystal quietly walked back to her seat.

 

“H-Hi…” Seulgi tried to greet Jaehoon but failed miserably.

“Hey. Good morning.” Jaehoon greeted back and gave her a smile.

“G-Good m-morning…” Seulgi turned to Wendy with a panicked look on her face. Wendy mouthed, “Go talk to him!” but before Seulgi can say anything, their professor suddenly arrived.

“Good morning! Everyone, please take your seats. Oh, what do we have here? I see you’ve decided to come back, Jaehoon.”

“I’m sorry, Mr. Jung. I had some personal affairs to attend to. I’m still part of the class, aren’t I?”

“A few more days of being absent and you wouldn’t have been. Don’t think for one second that I’m going to treat you differently because you’re the heir of Kim Enterprises.”

“I’m not asking for it, sir.”

“Very well, the same goes for you, Ms. Kang Seulgi. As long as you’re enrolled in this university, you’re still my students.”

“I understand, sir.”

“One more thing. We have a special student joining us until the end of the semester. Please be on your best behavior. Miss Im, you may come inside.”

 

          Jaehoon’s ears perked up at the mention of the surname and when he saw who just came in, his eyes widened.

 

“Good morning. My name is Im Nayeon. It’s a pleasure to meet everyone. Please take care of me.” Nayeon greeted and bowed.

 

          The male students immediately tried to go up to Nayeon and started bombarding her with questions. But then, amidst of all the noise, Jaehoon stood up and shouted.

 

“Enough!”

 

          He walked over to the front and stood beside Nayeon.

 

“I would greatly appreciate it if you’d leave MY fiancée alone.” Jaehoon said calmly, earning an elbow to his side by Nayeon.

“Don’t mind him. He’s being his usual stupid self.” Nayeon smiled awkwardly.

“You two are engaged?” One of them asked.

“We’re not—“

“We’re still planning for the engagement. We’ll invite you once the preparations are done.” Jaehoon interrupted Nayeon while the latter glared at him.

 

          The other students cheered, but they stopped when someone arrived at the door.

 

“Sorry I’m late, Mr. Jung.” Jaebum said.

“It’s fine. We haven’t started yet. Take your seat. Oh, Miss Im? You can sit at the empty seat beside Jaebum.” Mr. Jung pointed.

“Mr. Jung, can I switch seats with Jaebum? I’d like to sit beside Nayeon if that’s alright. I’m sure Jaebum wouldn’t mind. Would you?” Jaehoon asked.

“Nope, not at all.”

“Thanks. Let’s sit down, princess?” He said to Nayeon sweetly which made the whole class cringe.

 

          Jaehoon didn’t let go of Nayeon’s hand even when they sat down and Mr. Jung started discussing his lessons.

 

“Let go of my hand, Jaehoon! I can’t write like this.” Nayeon whispered.

“Why are you here?”

“Uncle told me that he spoke to the dean of the university. He wanted me to learn as much as I can about business.”

“I’ve got to talk to him about this.”

“I won’t be stopping you, but please let go of my hand.”

“As you wish, princess.” He kissed her hand before letting it go, making Nayeon blush.

 

          They didn’t know that there are three pairs of eyes secretly watching them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          The bell rang indicating the end of the morning classes and the start of the lunch break. All the students stood up, and Wendy suddenly spoke to Jaehoon.

 

“Hey, Jaehoon! Do you want to eat lunch with us? It’s been a while.”

“Thanks, but I’ll be eating with her.” Jaehoon said, draping an arm around Nayeon’s shoulders.

“It’s fine. Let’s eat with them. I don’t mind.” Nayeon told Jaehoon while removing his arm.

“Seulgi, would you like to eat lunch with me?” Jaebum spoke from behind them.

“Sorry, but she’s coming with me. Let’s go?” Wendy answered before Seulgi could react.

 

          The four of them left the room, with Jaebum clenching his fist in disappointment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          They arrived at the cafeteria soon after. Wendy found an empty table and they all sat down together.

 

“So, I haven’t got the chance to introduce myself. I’m Wendy Son.” She held out her hand.

“Im Nayeon.” She took Wendy’s hand and shook it.

 

          They talked for a little while until Jaehoon interrupted them.

 

“I’m going to buy some food. What would you like, Nayeon-ah?”

“I’d have the same as you.”

“Okay, I’ll be right back.” Jaehoon stood up from the table.

“Hey, wait for me! I’ll also buy food!” Wendy quickly followed him.

 

          Seulgi just stared helplessly as Wendy left her alone with Nayeon. Her train of thoughts was interrupted when Nayeon spoke.

 

“You still love him.”

“Sorry?”

“You still love Jaehoon, don’t you?”

“I—“

“It’s fine. You don’t have to answer it. The look in your eyes says enough.”

“Shouldn’t you be getting mad at me?”

“Should I? Well, let’s just say that I understand your situation.”

“What do you mean?”

“You love him, so do I. But you broke his heart so…”

“I know.”

“Relax, I don’t want to compete with you. If you’re still in love with him, go get him.”

“But you’re already his fiancée.”

“We’re not even engaged yet. He’s just saying that because he’s so possessive. You of all people should know that.”

“Why are you doing this?”

“I don’t want to date him if he still has another person in his heart. It feels like he only loved me to get over you, and that’s wrong.”

“What would happen after this?”

“Two things. One, he realizes that he still loves you and you two get back together. Two, he realizes that he doesn’t love you anymore and we end up together. Simple as that.”

 

          Seulgi was about to say something more when Jaehoon and Wendy got back from buying food.

 

“Here you go, princess. I bought some egg rolls for you.” Jaehoon said as he sat down beside Nayeon.

“Aww… How did you know? This is my favorite! Thank you!”

“Really? I got lucky then. Let’s eat!”

 

          Wendy glanced at Seulgi as the latter stares at the two being lovey-dovey in front of them. They ate and chatted until the bell rang for the afternoon classes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          Hours passed and it’s time for dismissal already. Jaehoon was fixing his things when Krystal hollered from the door.

 

“Oppa! Don’t forget your promise!”

“I won’t!”

“If you don’t come, I’ll kill you tomorrow!” Krystal threatened with a throat-cutting motion with her thumb before she went on her way.

“What was that?” Nayeon asked.

“Nothing much. She just wants me to work at Red Velvet Café later. You should probably come too, since you’re also an employee and all.”

“Well, excus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter