Monster

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          One night, Wendy is walking home alone from the university. She had to stay back and deal with some school matters. While walking, she felt that someone is staring at her.

 

"Who's there?" She said as she looked behind her.

 

          Seeing that there's no one in sight, she looked to the front, only to be greeted by Taehyun standing in front of her. She suddenly stepped back.

 

"Good evening, Wendy."

"What do you want?"

"I'd like to apologize for what I did last time."

"Yeah, sure… You're forgiven." Wendy is anxious to get away from him.

"Wait. I need to tell you something."

"Speak up. I need to get home."

"Please stay away from Jaehoon."

"Why would I do that?"

"He's a dangerous guy. You'll be in trouble if you stay close to him."

"Really? Wow. If I remember correctly, he was the one who saved me from you."

"He's not who you think he is."

"Well, excuse me. I don't care." Wendy tried to walk past him.

"Listen to me. He's—"

 

          Taehyun tried to grab Wendy's arm, but someone stopped him from doing so. It was Jaehoon.

 

"You just don't learn, do you? Did you forget what I said about bothering Wendy? I'm going to cut—"

 

          He didn't finish what he was saying when a punch is thrown out of nowhere. He dodged it, grabbed the culprit's arm and twisted it behind his back.

 

"You haven't changed at all. You’re still attacking people from behind."

"I could say the same thing to you. Your reflexes are still sharp as ever."

 

          Jaehoon let go of his arm and pushed him slightly towards Taehyun.

 

"What do you want, Seungyoon?"

"Relax. I didn't come here to fight you. I just accompanied Taehyun here. Also, I wanted to see how you’re doing.”

“You saw me already. You can leave now.”

“Don’t worry, White Fang. We just came to talk.”

"Jaehoon, why did he call you—?”

"Don't listen to him Wendy."

"Oh, so you haven't told your friend here about your secret life?"

"She didn't need to know that."

"I see. So that's why she looked really clueless of what Taehyun was talking about earlier."

"Jaehoon, you have some explaining to do." Wendy said, getting annoyed.

"Not now, Wendy. Not now."

"Don't look so tense, Jaehoon. We're your allies." Seungyoon said calmly.

"I don't remember making friends with you."

"Jiyong hyung ordered us to help you in taking down the WOLVES."

"What is he talking about, Jaehoon? I'm getting confused."

"Apparently, your friend here was once the most notorious gangster in Seoul, possibly the whole South Korea. But you didn't know that, did you?"

"I don't believe you."

"Have you heard of the Gwanghwamun Bloodbath?"

Wendy thought for a moment. "I think I've read about that in a newspaper."

"Guess what? He was responsible for that. He obliterated over five hundred gang members by himself."

 

          Wendy looked at Jaehoon straight in the eyes, but she saw hurt and regret in them.

 

"Is it true?"

"I'm sorry, Wendy."

"Y-You... Y-You h-hurt all those p-people..."

"I was defending myself." Jaehoon tried to walk closer to Wendy, but she took a step backwards.

"Stay away from me you monster!"

 

          Wendy ran away from the scene, leaving the three guys alone.

 

“It’s funny how her opinion changed so quickly.” Seungyoon said.

"Why did you have to bring that up?" Jaehoon asked.

"Hey, I just did you a favor. She'd find out about it eventually."

"Yeah, but that could've waited for another time."

"True. But still, one liability aside right? She's much safer away from you. We've got guys keeping an eye on them."

"Whatever. Just mind your own business from now on. I’ve got to deal with a more difficult task." Jaehoon said as he thought of the possibility of Wendy telling Seulgi about him.

 

          Jaehoon walked and left the two, but he turned back and said something.

 

"Hey, don’t interfere with my plans. If you get in my way, I'll beat you two up so hard you won't be able to walk for a year."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          While Jaehoon is walking to their apartment complex, he suddenly stopped on his tracks. He sighed deeply before speaking.

 

“Sehun, Chanyeol, stop hiding. I know you’re there.”

 

          Two guys emerged from hiding and Jaehoon immediately faced them.

 

“I guess the rumors were true. You’re still alive.” Sehun said.

“You’re one stubborn brat, aren’t you?” Chanyeol joined.

“What do you guys want? Did he send you?”

“No, of course not. We came here on our own terms.”

“Really? I find it hard to believe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter