Private Lessons

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            The following week, Wendy kept on bothering Seulgi. She’s constantly asking if Jaehoon is really Yeri’s brother. It’s already lunch break and Wendy is at it once again.

 

“Wendy! For the last time, I’m telling the truth! If you still won’t believe me, ask him yourself!” Seulgi said, obviously annoyed with the shorter girl.

“Hey, no need to shout. I just can’t believe it, you know?”

“Why wouldn’t I shout? You’ve been bothering me since I arrived here today!”

“Okay, I’m sorry. I promise I’ll treat you to lunch to make it up to you. How about that?”

“You better keep your promise.”

“Okay, let’s buy lunch right—“

 

            Wendy stopped talking when they heard a voice from the speaker.

 

“Kim Jaehoon and Kang Seulgi, please come to the faculty room right now. Ms. Kim and Ms. Hwang are looking for you.”

“Well, that’s a shame. Looks like I’ll buy you food some other time then. Good luck with your neighbor.”

“Whatever you say, dwarf…”

“I’ll let this one pass because I owe you one. See you later in class.” Wendy said before walking away.

“Now, what do they need from me?” Seulgi asked herself while walking towards the faculty room.

 

            A few floors later, Seulgi arrived at her destination. She was surprised to see Jaehoon already there. They made eye contact and understood that they’ll go in. Jaehoon knocked before the door opened.

 

“Oh, hello to you two… Come in.”Ms. Kim ushered them inside the room.

 

            Both of them sat down in front of the two professors. Ms. Hwang cleared before she spoke.

 

“So, you’re probably wondering why we called you two here.”

“I didn’t do anything! I swear!” Jaehoon said.

“Calm down. You’re not in trouble, sort of. Well, you would be soon if you don’t study harder.” Ms. Kim told him.

“What do you mean?”

“Kim Jaehoon, your grades in Math and English are close to failing. Considering that those two are Ms. Hwang’s subject and mine, we decided to take action.”

“And what would that be?” Jaehoon asked, while Seulgi still kept quiet.

“We would like Ms. Kang and Ms. Son to tutor you. We’ll put you under probation and when you still fail the next exams, you’ll receive a punishment from us.”

“But why did you pick me and Wendy?” Seulgi finally spoke.

“We didn’t pick you randomly, if that’s what you’re thinking. Ms. Kang, your results from our previous math quizzes were very excellent so I chose you as the perfect candidate.” Ms. Kim explained.

“I chose Ms. Son because she’s quite fluent in speaking English. Considering that she’s from Canada, she won’t have any difficulty in teaching Jaehoon how to speak English properly.” Ms. Hwang continued.

“Look, I don’t need a tutor. I can manage by myself.” Jaehoon reasoned.

“Sorry, but our decision is final. If you manage to pass the next exam, then the tutorial is over. It’s as simple as that.” Ms. Kim said sternly.

“You may go now. I expect better grades from you Mr. Kim. As for you Ms. Kang, keep up the good work.” Ms. Hwang finished.

“Thank you Ms. Hwang. Thank you Ms. Kim.” Seulgi said and bowed while Jaehoon left the room immediately.

 

            Seulgi went out of the room and she was surprised to see Jaehoon waiting for her. Jaehoon turned around and looked her in the eyes.

 

“Hey, like I said earlier, I won’t need a tutor.”

“But Ms. Hwang said—“

“Okay fine. I’ll prove to you later that I’m not as stupid as they think. Is that alright?”

“I guess…”

“Great. So, your place or mine?” Jaehoon asked which made Seulgi flustered.

“Wait. I think that sounded wrong. Where should we do the tutorial? At your apartment or mine?” He cleared up before Seulgi misunderstood it, which she already did.

“My apartment is okay.”

“Then I’ll meet you in front of your apartment at 6. See you later.” Jaehoon walked ahead.

 

            Seulgi went down and headed for her next class which is Chemistry. She apologized for being late, but her professor already knew her reason.

 

“Ms. Kang, since you’re late, I’ll pair you up with Ms. Son. Is that clear?”

“Yes, Ms. Seo.”

“You can perform the experiment if you’re done with the necessary preparations.” Ms. Seo told the whole class.

“So, why did you get called earlier?” Wendy nudged Seulgi, who’s sitting beside her.

“We were appointed to be Jaehoon’s tutor on Math and English.”

“Wait, what do you mean? I’m included?”

“Who else? Do you think I can teach him English?”

“Hmm… Point taken… That aside, it’s going to be hard to teach him! He’s stupid!”

“Let’s just get this over with, okay? Ms. Hwang said that if he fails the next exam, the three of us would get a punishment.”

“What?! Well that changes everything. Let’s do our best Seulgi-ah! Fighting!” Wendy pumped her fist in the air.

“You just didn’t want to get punished, don’t you?” Seulgi sighed.

“Of course. For now, let’s finish this first and deal with him later.”

 

            Their afternoon classes ended and they were about to head to Seulgi’s apartment when they heard a voice shout from behind.

 

“Seulgi unnie! Wendy unnie!” Joy ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter