Nayeon

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          The next morning, Jaehoon woke up when sunlight hit his face.

 

“I must have forgotten to close the curtains last night.” He thought to himself.

 

          When he tried to stand up, he heard a groan from beside him. Seulgi is clinging to him like a koala.

 

“Right… Seulgi didn’t want to sleep without me yesterday.”

 

            He carefully untangled Seulgi’s arms and legs from his body and went outside to make breakfast. After eating, he left a note for Seulgi before he went out.

 

Hey baby bear, don’t forget to eat breakfast. If you need me, just give me a call. I’ll be at Red Velvet Café. Be right back. I love you!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          When he went outside, he saw Nayeon about to go out as well.

 

“Good morning, Nayeon-ssi.”

“Oh… Good morning too, Jaehoon-ssi.”

“You’re going out?”

“I’m just going to take a stroll by the park. How about you?”

“I’ll be heading for work. Mind if I join you?”

“No, not at all. Shall we get going? You might be late for work.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

 

          They both took the elevator and headed out of the complex. While walking, Jaehoon initiated the conversation.

 

“So umm… Is your forehead okay?”

“Huh? Oh… Yes. It doesn’t hurt anymore. Thank you for asking.” Nayeon smiled at him.

“You shouldn’t be thanking me. I should be apologizing to you.”

“No, it’s okay. Accidents happen all the time. Besides, those two kids—“

“Look out!”

 

          Jaehoon shouted as a speeding car flew by past them. Luckily, he pulled Nayeon into a hug, just in time for her to avoid getting hit. He shouted at the driver even though the car is already far away.

 

“Watch where you’re going, you fool!”

 

          Some elderly people walked by them while murmuring something.

 

“Kids these days and their public display of affection…” An old lady said while shaking her head.

 

          The two made eye contact and they both felt awkward. But then, Jaehoon looked at Nayeon worriedly.

 

“Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?”

 

          Nayeon looked up to him with a blushing face.

 

“N-No… I-I’m o-okay… Y-You c-can l-let g-go o-of m-me n-now…” Nayeon answered, still blushing.

 

          Jaehoon, realizing their position, quickly released Nayeon from the hug and coughed awkwardly.

 

“Umm… Well… Sorry about that.”

“No, don’t apologize. I owe you my life. Thank you for saving me.”

“No, no, don’t say that. You don’t owe me anything. I just did what I had to. Besides, I’m the one who owes you something after what I did to your forehead.” Jaehoon said sheepishly.

“Then, I guess we’re even?” Nayeon smiled at him again.

“Yeah, I guess we are.”

 

          They resumed walking but they were quiet. This time, Nayeon spoke first.

 

“Jaehoon-ssi, can I ask you something?”

“Sure. What is it?”

“Where are you working?”

“I work at a café nearby. Do you want to check it out?”

“Is it okay? I mean, don’t I need to be a customer or something?”

“Nope. It’s totally fine, I promise. So, what do you say? I personally think you need a drink after what happened earlier.”

“Huh? Drink? Sorry, I’m not good at drinking alcoholic drinks…”

“That’s not what I meant. I was talking about coffee or something like that.”

“Oh, okay… Lead the way then.”

 

                                                                                 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          Nayeon and Jaehoon headed to Red Velvet Café. They both went inside and it’s pretty crowded considering that it’s a Sunday.

 

“Good morning noona.” Jaehoon greeted Irene at the counter.

“Good morning Jae. Go inside and change so you can start immediately. We’re getting packed, as you can see.”

“Right away ma’am.” Jaehoon saluted.

 

          He looked at Nayeon and smiled at her.

 

“So, which one do you like?”

“Umm… I haven’t brought my wallet with me…”

“It’s fine! It’s on me. Go on and choose.”

“Okay… I guess I’ll have a regular-sized Vanilla milkshake…”

“Noona, one Vanilla milkshake… Oh, and make it large.” Jaehoon said to Irene.

“Huh? I said—“

“Krys! One large Vanilla milkshake on the double!” Irene shouted to the back.

“Coming right up unnie!

“But—“

“Don’t worry about it. It’s my treat, remember?”

“If you say so…”

“Come, I saw a vacant table over there.” Jaehoon grabbed her hand and led her to sit down.

 

          After a few minutes, Krystal came over to their table carrying Nayeon’s order.

 

“Here’s your order miss.”

 

          Then, Krystal glared at Jaehoon.

 

“Oppa, you should really try and help us out. You work here, don’t you?”

“Yeah, sure… I’ll be there in a few.”

 

          Krystal smacked Jaehoon’s head with the tray before she went back inside.

 

“She’s right. I should really get going. I’m disturbing your work.”

“No worries. We’re always like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter