Choose

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is not a troll chapter. It's the real deal. Enjoy!

 

 

           One afternoon during dismissal time, Jaehoon was about to go home with Nayeon when a voice from behind stopped him.

 

“Hey, Jaehoon.” Wendy called out.

“Hmm?”

“Where do you think you’re going?”

“Home?”

“Idiot. We have Dance Club activity later. Irene unnie is waiting for you to show up.”

“Oh, right… Nayeon-ah, do you want to come and watch?” Jaehoon asked Nayeon.

“Sure. I’d like to see you dance. I just hope Irene unnie wouldn’t hit you with a frying pan this time.”

“Frying pan? What happened?” Wendy asked curiously.

“Long story. For now, let’s head to the dance studio.”

“Yep, let’s go.”

“Wait, where’s Seulgi?” Jaehoon asked and Nayeon cocked an eyebrow at him.

“She must be there already. Come on.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          The trio headed to the dance studio where the other members are already present. They spotted Seulgi stretching by herself in the corner.

 

“Hey, Seulgi!” Wendy greeted.

“Hey.” Jaehoon gave her a smile. Nayeon did the same.

“Why are you stretching here by yourself? You should’ve called us before you went here.”

“Sorry. I was—“

 

          A loud voice suddenly boomed inside the dance studio.

 

“Good afternoon everyone! Start your warm-ups! We’ll begin the lessons in ten minutes!” Irene shouted as she walked through the door.

 

          Irene scanned the room and when she spotted Jaehoon, she walked straight towards him. All eyes are on her as she stood in front of Jaehoon.

 

“My, my, look who finally showed up…” Irene smirked and raised her hand as if she’s about to hit him.

“Please don’t hit me…” Jaehoon said timidly.

“I missed you! My best student came back at last!” She pinched both of his cheeks.

“Ahh, noona… That hurts…”

“Stop complaining! You’re the one who didn’t attend the club activities!”

 

          Irene finally let go of Jaehoon’s cheeks and she stood in front of the students.

 

“Alright, enough of that… Everyone! Pick your partners!”

 

          Murmurs were heard around the room like, “Should I pick Jaehoon oppa?” “No, he’s too good for you.” “What about Seulgi?” “Don’t even think about it, bro.” In the end, everyone got a partner except for Seulgi and Jaehoon. They had no choice but to pair up with each other. Jaehoon glanced at Nayeon and she gave him a “Why are you looking at me?” look. He sighed before talking to Seulgi.

 

“I guess we’re going to be partners…” Jaehoon said, rubbing his nape.

“Is it that bad?” Seulgi asked hesitantly.

“Oh, no, no, no… Don’t think of it that way. I didn’t mean to—“

“It’s okay. I understand.”

“What I meant is I haven’t danced in a while and you might get frustrated if I can’t keep up with you.”

“I’m sure you can. You’re Kim Jaehoon after all.”

 

          Seulgi gave him a small smile and she turned her attention back to Irene.

 

“Before we proceed with our activity for today, it seems like we have a special visitor. Hello, Nayeon.”

“Hello, Irene unnie…”

“You do know what our visitors do when they come here, don’t you?”

“Umm… Sorry, I don’t.”

“Everyone! What do our visitors do when they come here?!” Irene shouted.

 

          All the members started chanting “Sample! Sample! Sample!” and Irene looked at Nayeon expectantly.

 

“When you visit us, be prepared to show us what you got.”

“Okay then… If you really want to.” Nayeon smiled.

“Are you sure about this?” Jaehoon walked back to her.

“Why? Scared that I can dance better than you?” Nayeon retorted, and everyone went “Ooh” and “Ahh”.

“Okay, you go do your thing. I’ll just sit here and watch.” Jaehoon stepped back and raised his hands up.

 

          Nayeon only smirked at him as she went to the front. Jaehoon walked back to Seulgi and whispered something to her.

 

“Since when did this start?”

“I’m not sure. About a month ago? It started as a joke at first but after that, everyone who visits had to show their dance moves.”

“I seriously don’t know how that woman’s mind works…” Jaehoon said while shaking his head, referring to Irene.

 

          Jaehoon turned his attention to the front where Nayeon rolled up her sleeves and is getting ready to dance.

 

“I haven’t danced for a long time so I’m sorry if I’m not that good.” Nayeon showed her toothy smile.

 

          The speaker played “Kisses Down Low” and Nayeon started dancing ily. Being a fluent English speaker, Jaehoon understood the lyrics perfectly. He watched as Nayeon danced to the song with her on-point facial expressions. All throughout her performance, Nayeon didn’t look at anyone else other than Jaehoon and he was doing the same. He was too into it that he didn’t notice that her performance ended already as the audience cheered for Nayeon. He shook his head to clear his thoughts.

 

“Hey, you okay?” Seulgi asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

 

          The crowd is chanting “One more! One more! One more!” and Nayeon gave them another smile.

 

“You want to see another one? Okay then.”

 

          Nayeon walked over and stood in front of Jaehoon who’s sitting down on the floor.

 

“Care to help me with this one?” She held out her hand.

“Sure thing.” Jaehoon stood up as he took her hand.

 

          They went to the front as Nayeon played a song on the speakers again. This time, it’s “Troublemaker”. The crowd cheers loudly again.

 

“Are you serious?”

“Yeah. You don’t know this song?”

“I do, but—“

“Just shut up and dance with me.”

 

 

 

 

(Imagine that Hyuna is Nayeon and Hyunseung is Jaehoon. Well, I don’t know how you imagine Jaehoon’s looks so it’s up to you.)

 

 

 

          When the dance ended, Jaehoon leaned for a kiss but Nayeon blocked his lips with her palm and pushed his face away, making the crowd laugh at him. They applauded once more for the great performance.

 

“Wow, I never thought you could dance like that! You’re the best dancer out of all our visitors!” Irene said.

“I used to dance with my best friend when we were still younger. I didn’t know I could still dance.” Nayeon explained.

“Did you two practice before coming here? It looked like you memorized the choreography perfectly!”

“No, we didn’t. I sincerely had no idea that something like this happens here while I’m gone.” Jaehoon answered.

“You’re missing out on a lot of good things then.” Irene tapped his cheek.

 

          They bowed at the audience before Nayeon returned to her seat and Jaehoon walked back to Seulgi.

 

“That was great.” Seulgi commented.

“You think so? Thanks.”

“Now, you don’t have to worry about keeping up with me.”

“Yeah, I needed a bit of warm-ups anyway.”

 

          They turned their attention back to Irene at the front.

 

“Okay, now that’s settled, let’s proceed to our activity. We’ll be having a couple dance, just like the one you witnessed earlier. You can choose any choreography you want, even your own. You will be presenting it in front by the next club activity. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter