New Flame

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          The following week, Jaehoon and Seulgi went to school together, holding hands while walking. As soon as they stepped foot at the front gate, the students immediately noticed them. The people around the couple were staring at them as they walked by, but Jaehoon didn’t mind them. When they arrived at their classroom, all of their classmates celebrated.

 

“Jaehoon is back!” “They’re reunited again!” “I’m envious of you two!” “Please always be together!”

 

          Jaehoon raised his eyebrows in confusion. He asked to one of his classmates.

 

“Hey. Why are you cheering like South Korea won the FIFA World Cup? I was just gone for a week.”

“Are you kidding me? You’re the most famous couple in this university! When people don’t see you together, it just doesn’t feel right.”

“What?! How the heck did that happen?”

 

          Seulgi elbowed Jaehoon and pouted at him.

 

“Don’t you remember how you confessed?”

“Oh… Right…”

“Anyway, welcome back Jaehoon! Seulgi wasn’t her usual self while you were gone. She’s always spacing out and not paying attention to anyone else. You should always make her happy.”

“Uhh, thanks? I guess…” Jaehoon scratched his head.

 

          A loud voice from the doorway caught their attention.

 

“Good morning people!” Wendy said.

“Wendy, come here for a second.” Jaehoon told her.

“Oh hey. What’s up?”

“Did you know about our popularity here?”

“Umm… Kind of?”

“What does that mean?”

“Well, I’m not sure.” Wendy searched her bag and handed Jaehoon a copy of the university’s newspaper.

“What’s this?”

“Look at the cover, stupid.”

 

          When Jaehoon looked at it, the cover story is entitled “KIM JAEHOON AND KANG SEULGI, THE STAR COUPLE IN KYUNGHEE UNIVERSITY”.

 

“Who the heck writes these articles?”

“I have no idea. Ask the Journalists Club.”

“Hey, you. Why are we in the cover of the university’s newspaper?” Jaehoon asked his classmate again.

“Huh? You don’t know?”

“Would I ask you if I do?”

“Right… Well, according to some people, you became a hot topic after the other students saw your dance performance with Ms. Bae. Also, they watched how you almost single-handedly defeated the Football Club. But, your popularity skyrocketed when you confessed to Seulgi. Even the professors saw that! Doing such a lavish confession on the day of the school festival would certainly make you popular.” Their classmate explained.

“Great… More attention…” Jaehoon muttered under his breath.

“Thank you for explaining it to us.” Seulgi thanked the guy and hugged Jaehoon’s arm.

“Oh god, you two are so adorable! Can I take a selca with you?” Their classmate fished out his phone from his pocket .

“No, you—“

“Sure, I don't see why not.” Seulgi cut Jaehoon off before he could finish his sentence.

 

          The guy took more than five photos before he was satisfied. He bowed and thanked the couple many times and went back to his seat. Jaehoon sighed in defeat.

 

“This is Joy's fault. She gathered all those people.”

“Don't say that. You'll get used to it eventually.”

“I won't. I hate being the center of attention.”

“But you're the center of MY attention. You hate that too?” Seulgi pouted.

“Of course not. You're a different case.”

“Why is that?”

“You're my girlfriend. Enough said.”

 

          Seulgi smiled and jabbed Jaehoon’s cheek with her index finger repeatedly.

 

“Yah, stop that. It hurts.”

“Aww~ Ddeulgi is sorry~ Ddeulgi didn’t mean to~ Please forgive Ddeulgi~” Seulgi said with aegyo, clearly teasing him.

“No, I won’t fall for that again…” Jaehoon kept a poker face.

 

          Seulgi smirked and kissed Jaehoon’s cheek where she jabbed him earlier, earning squeals and cheers from their classmates who witnessed the scene.

 

“Still not falling for it?” Seulgi asked teasingly.

“Nope.”

“Why?”

“Because I’ve already fallen for you.” Jaehoon said and winked at her.

“OH MY GOD! It’s too early in the morning for this!” Wendy said dramatically.

 

          Their classmates around them just laughed. Suddenly, their professor arrived along with a student they didn’t know.

 

“Alright class, settle down. Take your seats please.”

 

          All the students complied and the professor spoke again.

 

“He is a new transferee. Please introduce yourself.”

“Hello. My name is Im Jaebum. I transferred here from Geonguk University. I hope we get along well.”

“Okay, take a seat behind Ms. Kang. Seulgi, please raise your hand.”

 

          Seulgi did as she was told and Jaebum went and sat down behind her.

 

“Oh, one more thing. Can you please show him around? Help a fellow transferee out.”

“Okay sir. No problem.”

“Alright, let’s start today’s lesson.”

 

          The professor continued to discuss their lesson but Jaehoon wasn’t listening and just staring at Seulgi. She noticed it and frowned at him.

 

“Listen to Mr. Jung. You’ll get scolded later.” Seulgi whispered to Jaehoon.

“I don’t want you to go with him. I’ll show him around.” Jaehoon whispered back.

“Look, I’ll be fine. You’ve got nothing to worry about.”

“You can’t blame me if I worry about you baby…”

“Stop it!”

 

          Seulgi said a little too loudly and that caught Mr. Jung’s attention.

 

“Is there anything you want to share to the class, Seulgi?”

“None, sir.”

“Then I would appreciate if you and Jae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter