Taken

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Sunday morning, Jaehoon is still fast asleep when someone knocked on his front door. He woke up due to the constant but faint knocking on the door. Jaehoon stood up groggily and went to open it, not bothering to wear a shirt since he slept with only his boxers on.

 

“What do you—?”

 

          Jaehoon was surprised to see Wendy standing in front of him. She was staring at Jaehoon, specifically his body. He faked a cough to get her attention.

 

“Wendy? Why are you here?”

“Oh… Is Seulgi inside?”

“Umm… No. Why?”

“Great. Let me in.”

 

          Wendy barged into Jaehoon’s apartment and immediately sat down on the sofa.

 

“What are we—?”

“We need to talk.”

“Okay, let’s talk.”

“Please put on some clothes first. It’s… distracting.”

“Don’t you want to talk to me while I’m like this?” Jaehoon teased.

“I’m serious!” Wendy shouted as she threw a pillow at him.

 

          After a few minutes, Jaehoon came out of his room already freshened up. He sat down in front of Wendy.


“So umm… What are we going to talk about?”

“First of all, I’m sorry for what I said last time.”

“It’s okay. I would have reacted the same way if I were you.”

“I shouldn’t have judged you that easily.”

“I don’t mind. I’m kind of used to people judging me… Did you umm…?”

 

          Jaehoon trailed off, but Wendy understood what he meant.

 

“Don't worry. I’m not planning on telling Seulgi about you.”

“What? But why?”

“Because I’m her best friend and I can’t risk our friendship by ruining your relationship.”

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me. I'm not doing this for you, I'm doing this for Seulgi."

"Still, thank you for doing this for her."

"Yeah, whatever. Lastly, do you know what today is?"

"It's Sunday, I think?"

"You idiot… It's you and Seulgi's first month together!"

"Shoot, I totally forgot."

"It's fine. That's why I came here anyway. I'll be taking Seulgi out until afternoon while you prepare your surprise or whatever you have in mind."

"Actually, I don't have anything planned. Any suggestions?"

"Go figure it out yourself. I've already helped you enough."

"Okay, I'm just asking…"

"Well then, I guess I'll get going. Don't mess this up Jaehoon."

"I won't. I promise."

 

          Wendy didn't answer him. She stood up and went out of Jaehoon's apartment. As soon as she closed the door, Jaehoon let out a huge sigh and took out his phone. He sent a text to someone before dialing a number.

 

 

"Hello? Yes, it's me. Kei, I need your help."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          Wendy knocked on Seulgi's door after she came out from Jaehoon's apartment. Seulgi opened the door a few moments later, with a loaf of bread on .

 

"You're having breakfast already? That's good. Now, let me in. We have so much to do today."

 

          Seulgi just nodded while continuing to munch on her bread. They headed to the dining room and sat down.

 

"Do you want some?" Seulgi offered.

"No thanks. I already ate."

"Okay then. So, what are we doing today?"

"You'll see."

"Does Jaehoon know about this?"

"Nope, unless you told him."

"I didn't."

"Then it's fine. It's not a surprise anymore if you told him. Now finish your breakfast and we'll head out in a while."

 

          Seulgi nodded and did what she was told. After a few minutes, she was ready to go. They went out of the apartment complex and rode the bus.

 

“What do you think? Should I buy a gift for him?” Seulgi asked.

“It’s up to you.”

“I don’t know what he likes though.”

“Then buy whatever you want. I’m sure he’ll still accept it.”

“Hmm… You’re right.” Seulgi said while laughing.

 

          They arrived at the shopping district after a few minutes. Wendy dragged Seulgi to a clothing store, but the latter stopped abruptly.

 

“What are you doing?”

“We’re going to buy clothes!”

“I’ve got tons of them at home!”

“Did I say it was for you? Of course it’s for me!”

“Oh…”

“Let’s just go in.”

 

          They went inside and Wendy immediately browsed through the clothes on display. While choosing, Seulgi talked to Wendy.

 

“Wen?”

“Yes?”

“I want to ask you something.”

“Okay, what is it?”

“Do you think me and Jaehoon would last long?”

“Why? Are you thinking of breaking up with him?”

“No!”

 

          Seulgi shouted a little too loudly, the other customers at the store looked at her. She bowed to them in apology, jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter