Questions

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Nayeon started working at Red Velvet Café immediately. A few weeks later, Jaehoon and Nayeon gradually grew closer, much to Irene’s suspicion. One time, while Nayeon was out running errands, Irene talked to Jaehoon alone at the back.

 

“Jae?”

“Yes noona?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure. Anything.”

“How are you and Seulgi doing?”

“We’re doing great. She’s a great girlfriend, as always.” Jaehoon answered dreamily.

“Hmm… Are you sure?”

“Of course, noona. Why wouldn’t I be?”

“I just noticed these past few days that you and Nayeon are getting really close with each other.”

“You’ve got nothing to worry about. Nayeon is just a friend.”

“Yeah. You and Seulgi started out as friends too.”

“Don’t be like that, noona. I love Seulgi. I love Nayeon too, but not more than a friend.”

“Are you sure she knows that?”

“What do you mean?”

“Maybe she thinks otherwise.”

“Like what?”

“Like you’re interested in her.”

“No way. We’re just friends.”

“I hope so, Jaehoon. I hope so.”

 

          Just then, they heard Nayeon’s voice as she opened the door to the back.

 

“Jaehoon-ah! Here are the things you ordered! I had—oh… Hi Irene unnie.”

“Hey Nayeon. Just came back from the grocery store?”

“Yes unnie. I bought some ingredients for later.”

“That’s good. Continue what you’re doing. If you need me, I’ll be at the counter.”

 

          Irene headed out of the room. Nayeon stood beside Jaehoon.

 

“So, what’s up? Did she scold you or something?” Nayeon asked.

“Nope. She’s just checking out if we’re fine.”

“Oh… Okay then… So, let’s start?”

“Yeah, sure…”

 

         Jaehoon resumed working, but he feels that something is nagging in his chest. He decides to shrug it off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          Meanwhile, Seulgi and Wendy are in the school’s library. They’re both reading their respective books when Wendy talked to Seulgi.

 

“Seul?”

“Yes?”

“How’s Jaehoon?”

“He’s fine. You just saw him like, an hour ago.”

“No, I mean as a boyfriend.”

“Oh… He’s a great boyfriend, as always. Why do you ask?”

“Nothing much. I just noticed that I rarely see you two spending time with each other. Also, you’ve been hanging out with Jaebum most of the time.”

“That’s not true! Jaehoon and I always spend time with each other at home. Besides, Jaebum is just keeping me company when Jaehoon isn’t with me. You and Joy always leave me alone.”

“Are you sure he’s just keeping you company?”

“Why?”

“I’ve seen the way he looks at you, Seul. That’s not how a guy normally looks at his female friend.”

“You’re thinking too much, Wen. Jaebum is just a friend.”

“Yeah, and I also hate watching Frozen.”

“Hey, no need to be sarcastic about it.”

“I’m just saying. Don’t get mad.” Wendy raises her hands up.

“I’m not mad. I’m explaining.”

“Okay. I believe you. Just don’t make rash decisions, alright?”

“Why are you telling me this?”

“I don’t know. I feel weird all of a sudden.”

“You know what? Let’s go home. You need to rest. Reading all of these is messing with your head.”

 

          The two went out of the library and headed home, but Wendy still feels that something bad is going to happen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          At that same moment, Jaehoon is manning the counter when a short-haired girl came in.

 

“Good afternoon! Welcome to Red Velvet Cafe! What can I get for you?”

"I'll have one large Vanilla milkshake."

"Okay. One large Vanilla milkshake, coming right up. Please wait for a few minutes."

 

          The girl sat down by a vacant table to wait for her order. But then, a sudden commotion caught Jaehoon’s attention. Apparently, the short-haired girl was headed to the restrooms when Nayeon also came out carrying her order. They bumped onto each other, causing the drink to spill on the floor and on the girl’s shirt. Jaehoon immediately went to check on them.

 

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t see you coming.” Nayeon apologized.

“It’s okay. It’s just— Wait. Nayeon unnie?”

“Huh?”

“You’re Im Nayeon, am I right?”

“Yes, that’s me. Have we met before?”

“Of course! It’s me, Jungyeon!”

“Jungyeon?! As in Yoo Jungyeon?!”

“Yes, yes! That’s me!”

 

          The two girls screamed simultaneously and hugged each other, not caring about the milkshake stains on Jungyeon’s shirt.

 

“Wow. You’ve changed so much! And you cut your hair short!”

“Yeah, do you like it?”

“It looks great on you! Oh god, I really missed you!” Nayeon hugged Jungyeon again.

“I really missed you too.” Jungyeon hugged her back.

“Umm… Am I missing something here?” Jaehoon asked.

“Oppa, this is Jungyeon. She’s my best friend back at the orphanage.” Nayeon introduced Jungyeon as she broke the hug.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Yoo Jungyeon.” Jungyeon bowed at Jaehoon.

“Nice to meet you too. I'm Kim Jaehoon.” He bowed back at her.

“Anyway, we have so much catching up to do! What time does your shift end?” Jungyeon asked Nayeon.

“I'll be out in—“

“Actually, her shift just ended. You can go and talk after Nayeon replaces your order.” Jaehoon said and smiled at them.

“What are you doing? I still have three hours before my shift ends! Irene unnie might get mad at me.” Nayeon whispered to Jaehoon.

“Don't worry, I got you covered. Go and chat with your friend.” Jaehoon whispered back to her.

“So ladies, I'll be leaving the two of you alone. Please, enjoy your stay Jungyeon-ssi.” Jaehoon bowed like a gentleman before he went back to the counter.

“Wow, he’s so charming! Is he your boyfriend? You’re so lucky!” Jungyeon teased.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter