Home is where the heart is

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi. I'm still alive. :))

 

 

 

 

                    The sunlight seeping through the window and hitting Jaehoon’s face caused him to wake up. He looked around and saw Nayeon sleeping beside his bed on his left. Just then, he felt movement beside him on his right followed by a groan. Seulgi snuggled closer while hugging him like a teddy bear. Jaehoon smiled softly while looking at the two sleeping figures. He suddenly heard a soft knock on the door before it opened.

 

“Jaehoon, here’s—“

“Shh…” He placed a finger on his lips.

“Sorry. Well, here are your discharge papers. I already signed them, don’t worry. It was a bit hard to explain to the others that you weren’t dead, but we got through that.” Yunho said as he handed the papers to Jaehoon.

“Thanks. I can only imagine how hard that was…”

“You don’t say. The nurses were freaking out, saying that there’s going to be a zombie outbreak or something.” Yunho laughed.

“Shh! Not too loud! These two have been through a lot these past few days.” Jaehoon gestured to Nayeon and Seulgi.

“Well, I performed surgery on you immediately after fighting a lot of gang members so I also went through a lot, don’t you think?”

“Nothing can beat—“

“Dying and coming back to life. Yeah, yeah, I know. Just remember, if you feel something out of the ordinary, like a sudden urge to eat human flesh, come back here quickly.”

“Oh come on! You actually believe that zombie outbreak stuff?”

“You can never be too sure, Jaehoon.” Yunho answered with a sheepish smile.

“Alright, alright, I will. I won’t bet on it though. I’m as normal as I can be.”

“Good to know that. You may leave whenever you want. Just say goodbye before you do. It won’t hurt to do so, right?”

“Sure thing. I’ll be sure to come and swing by before we leave.”

“Okay, so I’ll get going now. I need to catch a few minutes of sleep before duty calls again.”

“Good luck. Thanks again.”

 

          Yunho replied with a curt nod as he went out of the room. Jaehoon took a deep breath and sighed before placing the papers on the table beside his bed. He then smiled afterwards when he looked at the sleeping girl cuddling next to him.

 

“Baby, wake up…” Jaehoon patted Seulgi’s cheek softly.

“Hmm…”

“Baby…”

“Hmm…”

“Seulgi-ah…”

“5 more minutes…”

 

          He smirked before leaning down and lightly nibbling on her earlobe. Seulgi’s eyes immediately shot open and she glared at Jaehoon.

 

“Why did you do that?”

“You won’t wake up…”

“But I wanted to sleep…”

“You haven’t even taken a shower yet.”

“I’m sorry if I was too worried for someone who just died…” Seulgi scoffed.

“Aww… I love you too baby girl.” Jaehoon kissed her on the cheek and Seulgi couldn’t help but smile.

 

          Jaehoon then turned to face Nayeon and also patted her cheek to wake her up.

 

“Nayeon-ah…”

“Hey…”

“Im Nayeon…”

 

          No response. He decided to pinch her cheek. She sat up almost immediately while frantically looking around.

 

“Oww! Who? What? Where? Huh?”

“Good morning, Nayeon-ah…” Jaehoon greeted first while Seulgi smiled at her.

“Oh… Good morning to you two.”

“Are you okay? Doesn’t your back hurt from sleeping in an awkward position?” Seulgi asked.

“I’m fine. Although I could use a warm shower right now…” Nayeon smiled cheekily.

“Then you’re in luck. I’m getting discharged. You can shower at home and we’ll have breakfast after. Same goes for you, baby girl.” Jaehoon said.

“Wait, why am I included?”

“Well, you’re my girlfriend so you’re automatically going to come with me.”

“Stop that! Nayeon is here, you know…”

 

          Seulgi glanced at Nayeon and they both smiled.

 

“Seulgi’s right! I’m getting jealous of you two. Maybe I should take you from her, Jaehoon-ah…”

 

          Jaehoon’s eyes went wide as he asked.

 

“What are you saying? Don’t be like that…”

“You know, I don’t mind sharing him with you for a while. What do you think, Nayeon-ah?”

“Well, if you say so… Don’t mind if I do.”

 

          Nayeon got on the bed and settled herself beside Jaehoon. He looked at Seulgi and she has an unreadable expression on her face. Nayeon, on the other hand, has a sinister smile, like she’s planning something evil. Just then, Jaehoon felt the two girls’ hands creeping up on his thighs.

 

“W-What a-are y-you t-two d-doing?”

“Huh? I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Seulgi feigned innocence.

“I heard that the walls here are soundproof. Do you want to test it out?” Nayeon’s smile grew wider.

“Girls, please… Don’t do this to me…” Jaehoon pleaded.

 

          A few moments of silence before the two girls burst out in laughter.

 

“Oh god you should have seen your face!” Seulgi said while laughing.

“He looked like he saw a ghost!” Nayeon added.

“Wait, what’s so funny?”

“You, of course.”

“We’re just kidding, you idiot.”

 

          Jaehoon took a few moments to process everything.

 

“Oh… Oh! So you two are ganging up on me now?”

“It’s not our fault that you fell for our charms so easily.” Nayeon said.

“You were thinking of inappropriate thoughts about us, didn’t you?” Seulgi asked.

“W-What? N-No! I w-would n-never!”

 

          He was surprised when Seulgi pecked him on the lips softly and smiled at him.

 

“I know. I just wanted to see your reaction.” She stuck her tongue out at Jaehoon.

 

          Jaehoon heaved a huge sigh before smiling back at her.

 

“Stop making me jealous, seriously… I’m still here, you know?” Nayeon joked.

“You know what? Let’s just go home. I’m so hungry. I haven’t eaten anything yet. And you both stink. Phew.”

 

          His head almost hit his knees by the force of the two girls’ smacking the back of his head at the same time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          As they went out of the room and prepared to leave, they heard a voice from behind them.

 

“Hey Jaehoon! Leaving without saying goodbye?”

 

          The three of them turned back and saw Doojoon and Onew coming towards them. Doojoon is walking with crutches while Onew is on a wheelchair.

 

“Of course not. I was about to head over to your rooms to say goodbye before we leave.”

“Oh? Well I guess we got to you first.”

“How are you two feeling?”

“I’m good. A broken rib, dislocated shoulder, fractured wrist and some bruises here and there but I’m good.” Doojoon answered.

“I’m almost fully healed and I think I’ll be discharged this week.” Onew added.

“Then why are you in a wheelchair?”

“I’m too lazy to walk.”

 

          Jaehoon just sighed and shook his head before giving them a small smile.

 

“I’m glad to know you two are alright.”

“Hey, we’re not the ones who died, weren’t we?” Doojoon said.

“Yunho told you, huh?”

“Nope, Sunggyu did.”

“I swear! His eyes were wide as saucers when he told us that you’ve came back from the dead.” Onew said.

“Well, I heard that the nurses were talking about a possible zombie apocalypse because of me.” Jaehoon snickered.

“If you happen to turn to a zombie, would you kindly eat Onew first?”

“Hey! Why me?”

“Come to think of it, that’s a good idea. With all the chicken you ate, I bet you’d taste good when I eat your flesh.”

“Ahh!! Get away from me!” Onew quickly steered the wheelchair away from them.

 

          The four remaining people just laughed wholeheartedly.

 

“I can’t believe he fell for that.”

“It’s Onew, what do you expect?”

“Right… Why did I even ask?”

 

          Doojoon eyed Seulgi and Nayeon from head to toe.

 

“So, these are your girls, huh? Great catch, if I would say so myself.”

“Nope, she’s my only girl.” Jaehoon pulled Seulgi closer.

“Then what about her?” He gestured at Nayeon.

“She was my girl, sort of.”

“You’re actually okay with this?” Doojoon turned to Nayeon and asked her.

“I’m fine. The two of us are actually sharing Jaehoon from now on.” She glanced at Seulgi and they both smiled.

“Oh, come on! You’re serious?” Jaehoon asked.

“Yes, we are.” Seulgi answered.

“Okay… Now that’s something you don’t usually see everyday. Well, good luck on your relationship.”

“Thank you oppa.” Nayeon said and winked at him.

“Oh god, I have to go. I think I’m going to have a heart attack.” Doojoon clutched his chest.

 

          The two girls giggled at his reaction while Jaehoon just sighed.

 

“Bye oppa! Be careful!” Seulgi waved at Doojoon.

“Get well soon oppa! Take care!” Nayeon joined in.

 

          When Doojoon was out of sight, Jaehoon looked at the two girls.

 

“You two are very bad girls.” Jaehoon said.

“You’re acting as if you don’t like it.” Seulgi scoffed.

“You’re jealous, aren’t you? You want us to be bad only for you?” Nayeon wrapped her arm around his neck.

“Okay, okay, enough… Let’s just go home.” Jaehoon detached Nayeon’s arm and walked ahead first.

 

          The two girls shared a knowing look before giving each other a high-five.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“When I call your name, get up. You’re getting transferred to another cell. Jackson Wang, Choi Youngjae, Kim Yugyeom, Kunpimook Bhuwakul, Park Jinyoung and Im Jaebum.”

 

          The six guys stood up and they were escorted to a bigger cell. They were surprised to see four other people in the cell with them.

 

“Who are those guys?” Jackson asked.

“I have no idea.” Yugyeom answered.

“Shut up. We don’t want to get in trouble.” Bambam said.

 

          They sat down on a corner opposite of the four guys. But then, one of them stood up and walked over to their place. The other three soon followed.

 

“Hey you. Why are you here?” The guy spoke.

“We were involved in a gang fight.” Youngjae answered.

“Oh, you’re gang members? What’s the name of your gang?”

“7 Gods.”

“7 Gods? Where did I hear that name before?”

 

          One of the three guys whispered to him and his face lit up in realization.

 

“I see. Thanks for reminding me, Chen.”

“Can you just shut up? I don’t want to hear any more of your nonsense rambling.” Jaebum told the guy.

“What did you just say, punk?” The guy grabbed Jaebum by his collar and pulled him up.

“I said, I—“

 

          Jaebum didn’t finish what he was saying when a hard punch landed on his gut, making him spit a mouthful of blood.

 

“Wait, wait! Calm down! We don’t want trouble!” Jinyoung said.

“That’s too late for that, isn’t it? Well, if you answer my question properly, I might reconsider hurting all of you.”

“Okay. What is it?”

“Which one of you is Im Jaebum?”

“That’s me, you bastard.” Jaebum stood up and tried to punch the guy but the others held him back.

“Let him go. It’s fine.”

 

          They let Jaebum go and he immediately charged at the guy, but he fell back after one punch.

 

“That’s for using our warehouse.”

 

          Jaebum charged again but the guy sidestepped and kicked him from behind, making him land face first.

 

“Alright. The five of you can stay at the farthest end of this cell. If you want to get hurt, don’t hesitate to ask.”

“But what about Jaebum?” Jinyoung asked.

“I’m just going to have a little chat with him.”

“Who are you?”

“Me? The name’s Kai. Does that ring a bell?”

“Oh god… You were with the WOLVES gang.”

“Yeah, now scram. If anyone of you tries to stop me, you’ll end up worse than him. Got it?”

 

          They just nodded and went as far from Kai as possible. Kai squatted down to Jaebum who’s lying down face first on the floor.

 

“So, you’re the guy who tried to kill my brother, huh?”

“Y-You’re—“

“Yes, I’m Jaehoon’s brother. Got a problem with that?”

“Tch, you’re b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter