Moving Out or Moving On?

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm sorry for this pretty short and crappy chapter. I'm having a bit of writer's block due to my exams a few days ago. I'll be back soon.

 

 

 

          The past few weeks at Kyunghee University were very dull and boring. The other students are starting to notice Jaehoon’s long absence. They tried asking Seulgi for his whereabouts but she always refused to answer. Wendy isn’t talking to Seulgi even though they’re seatmates. Then, the latest issue of the university’s newspaper came out with the headline, “BREAKING NEWS: STAR COUPLE KIM JAEHOON AND KANG SEULGI REPORTED TO HAVE BROKEN UP”. Their classmates immediately mobbed Seulgi and asked her about it.

 

“Is it true that you broke up?” “What happened between you two?” “Are you dating someone else now?”

 

          Seulgi ignored all those questions and glared at Wendy. She mouthed “Rooftop. Lunch.” and Wendy had a confused look on her face. They didn’t notice Jaebum smirking behind them.

 

          Lunch break came and the two girls met at the rooftop. Seulgi immediately spoke when they met face to face.

 

“I can’t believe you did that, Wendy!”

“Did what? I didn’t do anything!”

“Then how did the Journalists Club find out about our breakup?”

“I don’t know! Are you seriously accusing me of telling them?”

“There’s no other person who knows this but you! There’s no one else capable of telling the Journalists Club other than you!”

“Which I didn’t! Why don’t you believe me?!”

 

          Seulgi froze up for a second. Flashbacks of her breakup with Jaehoon ran through her mind. She just realized that Wendy and Jaehoon said the same thing.

 

“I-I’m s-sorry… I-I w-was…”

“No. You’re not sorry. Seulgi, I’m your best friend for God’s sake! You suspected ME, of all people? I can’t believe YOU did that.”

“B-But J-Jaehoon… H-He…”

“This isn’t about him anymore. This is about you. What the heck is happening to you?”

“I-I d-don’t k-know…”

“Wow. I didn’t expect you to be so affected by your breakup with Jaehoon. I thought things are going well with Jaebum.”

“I’m not affected by our breakup! That’s nonsense!”

“Yeah, sure… Do that. Accuse me of something I would never do and then lie to me afterwards. I know you too well, stupid bear.”

 

          Seulgi let out a sigh and then looked at Wendy dejectedly.

 

“Like I said last time, why don’t you two talk it out? Let him explain his side. Who knows? You might get back together with him.”

“No, I won’t. I’m done with him. I loved him but he chose to break my heart.”

“Okay, I’m just suggesting. Whatever makes you happy, I guess. I hope that Jaebum takes care of you the way Jaehoon did, if not more.”

“We’re not—“

“Seulgi?”

 

          Both of them snapped their heads to the direction of the voice. Jaebum is holding two plastic bags.

 

“Speaking of the devil…” Wendy mumbled but not enough for the other two to hear.

“I thought maybe you didn’t eat lunch yet so I bought one for you. Somebody told me that they saw you heading up here so…” Jaebum shrugged his shoulders.

 

          Silence filled the air after Jaebum spoke. The two girls can’t even look at each other’s eyes. Jaebum spoke first to break the tension.

 

“Umm… Am I disturbing something? I can just leave these here and—“

“No, it’s fine. I was about to go down anyway. Enjoy your lunch…” Wendy said, giving Seulgi one last look before going downstairs.

“Are you okay?” Jaebum asked and walked closer to Seulgi.

“Yeah, I’m okay… Thanks…”

“We should probably eat this while it’s still hot.”

“Sure… Thanks for buying food for me.”

“No problem. I’m always here for you.”

 

          Seulgi just gave him a weak smile before they started eating at the rooftop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          While Nayeon is busy packing her things, Jaehoon went down to the landlord’s office. He knocked a few times before the door opened.

 

“Ah, Jaehoon. What brings you here?”

“Hello, Mr. Lee. I just wanted to inform you that Nayeon and I would be moving out of our units.”

“Really? That’s too bad. My tenants at the third floor are all moving out! First, it was Seulgi. Then it’s you two.”

“I’m sorry.” Jaehoon bowed at him.

“Hey, I didn’t mean anything bad. It’s just not going to be the same without my favorite tenants.”

“Thank you, Mr. Lee. By the way, how much do we have to pay for compensation?”

“It’s alright. You’ve been really good tenants for the past few months.”

“No, I insist. We’re still under contract and I feel bad moving out so abruptly. Please take it as a token of apology.”

“Okay, if you say so. Let me get my calculator first. Take a seat if you want to.”

 

          Jaehoon went inside the office and sat down in front of Mr. Lee’s ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter