Mother

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Jaehoon was spacing out for a few seconds, trying to absorb what just happened.

 

“To make the story short, you talked to my mother and she told you that I need to pick her up at 10 a.m.?” Jaehoon asked Seulgi.

“Yes, that’s pretty much all of it.” Seulgi answered and nodded.

“Wow… This is too much to take in. Do you want to have breakfast first?”

“Sure. I was just waiting for you to get up.”

“Why didn’t you say something then? Come on.”

 

          The couple went out of the bedroom and headed to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

 

“I’ll cook for us since we’re in my apartment. You go wait at the table.” Jaehoon said.

 

          Seulgi did as she was told but after a few minutes, she got bored so she stood up and hugged Jaehoon tightly from behind.

 

“Hey. Are you hungry already?”

 

          Seulgi nodded while her head is leaning on Jaehoon’s back.

 

“I’ll finish up soon. Go back to the table.”

“Ddeulgi doesn’t want to~ Ddeulgi is hungry~ Ddeulgi wants food~” Seulgi said with aegyo.

“Ah, really?! What’s gotten into you?” Jaehoon asked while chuckling.

“Shut up and let me stay like this.” Seulgi suddenly became serious.

“I’m not complaining! I’ll just finish cooking while you’re hugging me like a koala.”

“Nope, I’m hugging you like a bear. This is a bear hug.”

“Aren’t koalas related to bears?”

“No. Koalas are koalas. Bears are bears.”

“Hmm… Okay then… Why are you hugging me like a bear? You’re not a bear. You’re more like a stuffed teddy bear, soft and squishy.”

“Can teddy bears do this?” Seulgi said as she tightened her hug on Jaehoon’s waist before tickling him.

“Ah, seriously! Stop that!” Jaehoon laughed.

“You love me anyway.” Seulgi kissed him on the cheek before releasing her hug.

“Yeah, of course I do.”

         

          While they were eating, Jaehoon was unusually quiet and Seulgi noticed it.

 

“Why are you so quiet?”

“Oh, sorry… I was just thinking whether I should go alone or take you with me.”

“What did you say? Take me with you?”

“Of course. You need to meet my parents sooner or later anyway.”

“But—“

“No buts. You’re coming with me.”

 

          Jaehoon smiled triumphantly while Seulgi pouted and sulked.

 

“Relax, baby. My mother is really nice. She’s not the typical I-don’t-want-you-for-my-son kind of mother from those K-dramas.”

“I’m just nervous. I wonder what she would think of me.”

“Don’t be. I’ll be with you. Besides, I honestly think my mother would really like you.”

 

          Jaehoon reached out and held Seulgi’s hand. He gave it a reassuring squeeze and smiled at her.

 

“Hey, it’s almost 9 a.m. already. We should be getting ready.”

 

          Seulgi didn’t answer and just smiled. Jaehoon pulled her back into the bedroom to freshen up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          After half an hour, both of them finished preparing and they headed to the airport. They arrived after a few minutes.

 

“What time is it?” Jaehoon asked as they waited at the arrival area.

“It's 9:57 a.m. already. Are you sure about this? I think I'll just go back home.”

“Nope, you're staying here with me.” Jaehoon hooked his arm around Seulgi's waist and she visibly relaxed.

 

          A voice from behind caught their attention.

 

“Jaehoon!”

 

          They both turned around and saw Jaehoon's mother.

 

“Hello, omma.” Jaehoon gave his mother a hug.

“How have you been?”

“I've been good.”

“That's good to hear. And who is this young lady?”

“Hello, Mrs. Kim. I'm Kang Seulgi. Nice to meet you.” Seulgi said and bowed at her.

“Oh, you're the girl that I talked to earlier. You're really beautiful.”

“Thank you ma'am.” Seulgi bowed again.

“Jaehoon, you have some explaining to do. Why is she the one who answered your phone?” Mrs. Kim looked at her son sternly.

“Omma, don't be like that. You're scaring her. Seulgi's my girlfriend.”

“Really? And I only knew of this now? How long were you dating?”

“A little over a month. I'm sorry if I didn't inform you.”

“That's not an excuse. You should have called me.”

“You’re on vacation. I didn't want to disturb you.”

“Ma'am, it's because of me. I was—“

“Shush dear. It's not your fault. It's a guy's responsibility to tell his own parents that he is dating a girl. Also, one more thing… Don't call me ma'am. Just call me omma like Jaehoon does.”

“Okay, omma.”

“Now, let’s go back to the point. Jaehoon, you should be a responsible boyfriend to her. Am I right, Seulgi?”

“Yes, omma.”

“Good! We’re on the same page already! I think we’ll be getting along quite well. As for you Jaehoon, bring my luggage. We have a lot to talk about.”

 

          Jaehoon brought his mother’s bags and they hailed a taxi. Mrs. Kim insisted on staying at a hotel rather than heading straight home. They talked while they’re on their way to the hotel.

 

“Why don’t you want to go home?” Jaehoon asked.

“Your father doesn’t know that I’m in Korea already. I want to surprise him for our upcoming anniversary.”

“Oh… Do you need help then?”

“I’m fine, dear. It’s all been taken care of. Anyway, I want to ask you some questions Seulgi. Is that alright?”

“Of course, omma.”

“What did you see in my son? Other than his good looks which he undoubtedly inherited from me, what else do you like about him?” Mrs. Kim said which made the couple laugh a bit.

“Jaehoon is really sweet, thoughtful and he takes care of me really well. He’s a real gentleman too.”

“Hmm… Interesting… What if Jaehoon is hiding a secret from you, would you still accept him?”

“Yes. I accepted him wholeheartedly when I agreed to be his girlfriend. Every one of us has our own secrets. I’m sure he has a good reason on why he’s keeping his.”

“Jaehoon, how did you manage to charm this wonderful young lady? She’s smart, well-mannered and beautiful too!”

“Omma, I feel like you don’t believe in me.” Jaehoon sulked.

“Stop sulking. You’re too old for that.”

“Fine…”

 

          The taxi stopped in front of the hotel where Mrs. Kim would be staying. Jaehoon went out and unloaded his mother’s bags. But before he could say anything, Mrs. Kim had beaten him to it.

 

“Honey, could you leave the two of us alone please? I want to talk to Seulgi a bit more.”

“Of course, I think I’ll just go to work then.” Jaehoon answered.

“Is that alright with you Seulgi?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“Sure. I’m not busy anyways.”

“Then it’s settled! Jaehoon, don’t tell your father that I’m back. Are we clear?”

“Yes omma.”

“Good, now shoo. Seulgi and I will be having some girl talk. Seulgi, let’s go?” Mrs. Kim said as she ushered Seulgi inside the hotel while dragging her bags behind.

“My mother sent me away like a dog and I didn’t even get to say goodbye to my girlfriend…” Jaehoon sighed as he went back inside the taxi and headed to Red Velvet Café.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

         Seulgi followed Mrs. Kim until she arrived at the room she booked. They both went inside and got settled. Mrs. Kim prepared tea for herself and offered some to Seulgi.

 

“Do you want some tea?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“No, thank you. I’m fine.”

“Okay, if you say so… I’ll go straight to the point. Seulgi, tell me about yourself.”

 

          Seulgi was surprised but she kept her composure nonetheless.

 

“What do you want to know?” Seulgi said, a little bit hesitant.

“Did you have any ex-boyfriends?”

“Umm… No, I didn’t. Jaehoon is my first boyfriend.”

“I see. How did you two meet each other?”

“He’s my classmate at Kyunghee University.”

“Is he bei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter