Confession

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           The following week, Kyunghee University is having its annual school festival. Jaehoon woke up very early and got ready. When he arrived at the university, there are not much people except for those making preparations, guards and the janitors. He headed to his classroom and it was empty.

 

“I might as well take the time to sleep.” Jaehoon said as he buried his face in his arms.

 

          One by one, his classmates started pouring in. They saw Jaehoon sleeping and looked at him skeptically. Then, Seulgi arrived along with Wendy. They sat down beside Jaehoon. Then, Krystal called Seulgi’s attention.

 

“Psst. Seulgi.”

“Hmm?”

“Who’s that? Isn’t that supposed to be Jaehoon’s seat?”

“I don’t know. He must be a new student. Should I wake him up?”

“Don’t. He might be scary.”

“Fine then. Let’s just keep quiet not to bother him, whoever he is.”

 

          The message passed through the whole room to keep quiet, not to wake up the “stranger.” Wendy also didn’t say anything, for obvious reasons. After a few minutes, their professor Mr. Jung arrived. He noticed the silence of the whole class.

 

“Good morning class! You seem to be really quiet today. Anyway, Ms. Kang and Ms. Son, I assume you have a reasonable excuse for your absence?”

“Yes sir. We had an emergency. You see, Wendy’s grandmother got sick and no one is there to look after her. She’s all the way to Busan so I accompanied Wendy to take care of her. I hope you understand.” Seulgi lied.

 “Hmm… Is that true Ms. Son?”

“Yes sir. I’m sorry for not informing you.” Wendy nodded.

“Okay then. I hope she’s feeling better now.”

“She’s recovering really well. That’s why we came back already.”

“That’s good. Now, let’s talk about our—wait a second. Who is he?”

 

          The professor pointed at the sleeping Jaehoon. All the students shrugged.

 

“Ms. Kang, can you please wake him up? He might be in the wrong classroom.”

 

          Seulgi shook his shoulder a few times before he woke up.

 

“Huh? Who? What?” Jaehoon looked around.

“Good morning. Do you belong in this class?” The professor asked.

“Of course I do, Mr. Jung. Why else would I be sleeping here?”

“What’s your name?”

“Kim Jaehoon.”

 

          As soon as he said that, collective gasps were heard across the room. Murmurs were like “Is that true?” “He looks so different” “That’s our nerd classmate?”

 

“What? I was sick for a few days and when I come back, you don’t recognize me?”

“Well, you look a bit different, that’s all. Okay, let’s discuss our activities for today.”

 

          Mr. Jung proceeded to talk, but Seulgi wasn’t paying attention. She nudged Jaehoon with her elbow.

 

“Hmm? What is it?”

“You look great.”

“Aren’t I always?” Jaehoon let out a small laugh.

“Nope, you look creepy before.”

“The change must be good then.”

 

          Seulgi turned to Wendy and talked to her.

 

“Wendy, he looks different right?”

“Yeah, he does…” Wendy trailed off.

 

          Wendy looked at Jaehoon and narrowed her eyes. Jaehoon gulped and faced their professor.

 

 

 

 

 

          After an hour of talking, they were dismissed by Mr. Jung. Seulgi and Wendy were walking around, with Jaehoon following behind them. The people around them were staring at Jaehoon but he doesn’t seem to mind.

 

“Hello unnies!” Joy greeted them, coming out from nowhere while holding a chicken leg.

“Hello there, Joy.”

“Seulgi unnie, who is he?”

“Take a guess.”

“Hmm… Your boyfriend?”

 

          Seulgi got flustered when Joy said that. Jaehoon laughed a bit.

 

“You really don’t recognize me Joy?”

 

          Joy stared at his face for a while before she recognized him.

 

“Jaehoon oppa?”

“Finally!” Jaehoon said as he ruffled her hair.

“Ahh oppa… My hair…”

“Quit whining. Let’s check out some booths.”

 

          Jaehoon and Joy took off, leaving the two girls behind.

 

“You seem really quiet today Wendy-ah. What’s up?”

“Huh? Me? Sorry, I was just thinking about something…”

“Okay, if you say so.”

 

          They went to the direction where the two headed earlier, and they found Jaehoon and Joy eating a bucket of chicken legs.

 

“Not you too, Jaehoon.” Wendy said.

“What? This is really delicious. Great job Joy!” Jaehoon said as they high-fived each other.

“You want some, unnie?”

“No thanks. I’ll pass.”

“More for me then.” Joy grabbed another chicken leg.

“Hey, I’ll go somewhere for a bit. I’ll be right back.” Jaehoon stood up.

“Wait, where are you going?” Seulgi asked but Jaehoon is already too far off.

 

          She sat down beside Joy and picked up a chicken leg from the bucket. Wendy followed suit.

 

“What’s the matter unnie?” Joy asked Seulgi.

“I feel like Jaehoon is ignoring me.”

“That’s not true, right Wendy unnie?”

“Yeah… You’re just over thinking things.”

“Really?”

“Really unnie. Here, have another chicken leg.” Joy handed her one from the bucket.

 

         The three of them continued eating chicken legs. At the same time, Jaehoon is making a call to someone.

 

“Are the preparations ready?”

“Yes sir. We’re already in our positions.”

“Good. We don’t want to mess this up.”

“We’ll do our best sir. We won’t let you down.”

“I know you wouldn’t. Talk to you later.”

 

          Jaehoon ended the call and retrieved a huge gift box hidden inside the janitor’s closet. He hurriedly made his way back to the girls.

 

“Hey Jaehoon, where have you—what’s that?” Seulgi asked.

“Huh? This is for you.” Jaehoon said as he placed the box in front of Seulgi.

“For me? What’s inside this box?”

“Why don’t you open it to find out?”

 

          Seulgi tore the wrapper and opened the box, revealing a big teddy bear.

 

 

“Omo…”

“That’s so cute, unnie!” Joy squealed.

“That’s one big teddy bear.” Wendy commented.

“Another one to add to your collection, isn’t that right?”

“Yeah, but...”

“But what?”

“I don’t have a place

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter