"Secret" Garden

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           One afternoon, Seulgi and Wendy are in the girls’ locker room, getting ready for their P.E. class.

 

“Hey Seul, what are we doing today?” Wendy asked while tying her shoelaces.

“I think Ms. Kwon would make us do couple exercises.”

“I hope that we would be paired up.”

“Me too. I’m not that close with anybody yet.” Seulgi said dejectedly.

“Maybe you should get to know our classmates better.”

“I’ll do that some other time. Let’s go out for now.” 

 

            They went out of the locker room and headed to the gymnasium, where their other classmates are staying.

 

“So, we’ll be doing couple exercises today. I’ve already arranged your partners so whether you like it or not, you’ll do this with them.” Ms. Kwon announced.

 

            There are collective gasps and whines from all the students but they have no choice anyway. One by one, their names got called.

 

“Kang Seulgi, you’re with Kim Jaehoon.”

 

            Seulgi widened her eyes and looked at Jaehoon. He just shrugged and walked closer to her. She then looked at Wendy and the latter is obviously annoyed with her partner, which is Nam Taehyun.

 

“So, we’re partners huh?” Jaehoon said, standing beside Seulgi.

“Yeah… Do you want to switch?”

“No, I’m fine.” Jaehoon assured.

“You’ll be doing sit-ups for today, fifty sit-ups each. Please do it properly if you want to pass. No cheating. You may start whenever you like.” Ms. Kwon said to the whole class.

“I at sit-ups.” Seulgi said.

“Don’t worry. I’ll help you. I’ll go first if you want.”

“Okay, I’ll prepare myself first.”

 

            Jaehoon lied down on his back while Seulgi kneeled on his feet to stabilize his balance. He purposely lifted only his head to annoy Seulgi.

 

“Yah, Ms. Kwon said do it properly.” Seulgi said while placing her arms on his knees.

“Do you really want me to do it properly?”

“Of course. That way, we’ll finish early.”

 

            Jaehoon decided to do it the right way but when he lifted his upper body, his face was in close proximity with Seulgi’s. Seulgi was startled at their closeness so she immediately looked away, cheeks flushed in pink.

 

“What’s the matter? I thought you told me to do it properly?”

“I know! Just do it faster so we can finish already!”

 

            Jaehoon did the remaining sit-ups but his eyes were wandering around. At the fiftieth count, he stopped.

 

“Whew, I’m done. Now, it’s your turn.”

“Okay. I’ll do my best.”

 

            Seulgi also lied down on her back but when she tried to do one sit-up, she failed miserably.

 

“I can’t do it. I’m going to fail.”

“I told you that I would help you, didn’t I? Come on.”

 

            Jaehoon took both of her hands and pulled her up while counting. Seulgi finished fifty counts really fast.

 

“Isn’t that cheating?”

“It’s not when Ms. Kwon doesn’t know about it.” Jaehoon smiled at her.

 

            Seulgi noticed that they’re still holding hands so she faked a cough to get his attention.

 

“You can let go of my hands now.”

“Oh… I’m sorry. I was looking at something else.” Jaehoon said and he let go of Seulgi’s hands.

“Time’s up! To those who didn’t complete the task, run ten laps around the field. For those who did, good job. You can get changed now.” Ms. Kwon announced again.

“Thanks for your help.” Seulgi shyly said.

“No problem.” Jaehoon answered, eyes still wandering around.

 

            Seulgi headed to the showers along with Wendy, who has anger written all over her face. They went in to separate but adjacent cubicles.

 

“What’s the matter Wendy?”

“That Taehyun! He’s such a ert!”

“Why?”

“He kept touching my legs and staring at my chest when it was my turn to do the sit-ups. I should’ve punched his face right then.”

“Calm down. Don’t resort to violence that easily.”

“You’re right. You’re such an angel, Seulgi-ah.”

“Nope. If I was in your place and he went overboard, he’ll have a broken nose already.” Seulgi said and laughed.

“I was wrong, you sly little devil.” Wendy laughed along with her.

 

           Both of them finished showering and got changed. They parted ways because they have different schedules. While Wendy is heading for her next class, Taehyun and his friends blocked her way.

 

“Hey Wendy, do you want to go to my place sometime? I can help you with some sit-ups, if you know what I mean.” Taehyun said provocatively.

“Get out of the way, you ert. I won’t go out with you even if you’re the last guy on earth.”

“Oh, feisty… I like that.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter