Test

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           Finally, the examination day has arrived. Jaehoon is sitting on his seat calmly while Seulgi is reviewing her notes for the last time. Wendy leaned over to them.

 

“You better pass, Jaehoon. We’ll get in trouble if you don’t.” Wendy said.

“Relax. Do you see me panicking?”

“I’m just reminding you.”

“I’m fine.”

“He’s right Wen. Calm down. You’re stressing yourself.” Seulgi spoke, not looking up from reading her notebook.

“I’m nervous, okay?”

“Then I should’ve been the one who tutored you, not the other way around. Besides, if I were to fail, I’ll take the punishment on behalf of both of you.” Jaehoon said.

“What? Why would you do that?”

“Because I can.” Jaehoon stuck her tongue out at Wendy.

 “Shut it. If you fail this test, I’ll rip your head off.”

“Let’s make a deal. If you rank higher than me when the results come out, you can order anything you want at Red Velvet Café and I'll pay for it.”

“And if I don’t?”

“Let’s see… I’ll think about it.”

“You’re on, mister.”

 

            Wendy looked intensely at Jaehoon and they both shook hands, sealing their agreement. Seulgi sighed and closed her notebook.

 

“You two are so childish.”

“Says the one who has a whole shelf full of teddy bears.” Jaehoon said, causing Seulgi to step on his foot really hard.

“Okay, okay! I’m sorry! That hurts!”

“Whose fault is it then? You deserve that for being a jerk.” Seulgi flipped her hair as she placed her notebook back in her bag.

 

            Wendy and Jaehoon made eye contact and she mouthed “whipped” which he replied “midget”. She was about to stand up and hit him but their professor Mr. Jung arrived, carrying a stack of test papers.

 

“Before I distribute these, I just want to remind you a few things. No cheating. If you’re done, you can submit your test paper to me. Good luck to each of you.”

 

            Mr. Jung handed out the test sheets one by one and the students started answering. Wendy looked at Jaehoon and made an “I got my eyes on you” gesture. Jaehoon just winked at her.

 

“Why did I forget the answer to this question?” Seulgi whispered to herself.

“It’s letter B.” Jaehoon whispered to Seulgi.

“Shut up. We might get caught.”

“I’m just trying to help.”

 

            Seulgi faced away from Jaehoon and she hid her smile from him. Wendy saw it and she raised one of her eyebrows. Seulgi gave Wendy a “don’t ask” look.

 

            A few hours have passed and all the students finished taking the exams. Mr. Jung stood up, carrying the stack of test papers again. He told the students something before he went out of the room.

 

“We’ll be posting the results at the bulletin board later this afternoon.”

 

            The bell rang and it’s time for their break. Wendy immediately dragged Seulgi away, heading to the cafeteria. After buying their food, they sat down on a vacant table. Joy appeared from nowhere again, carrying her tray of food.

 

“Hello unnies!”

“Hello Joy! How was the test?” Seulgi asked.

“It was fine, I guess. I think I did well.”

“It’s not the same for me. I barely answered anything on the History part.” Wendy said dejectedly.

“I think that’s one of the easiest parts of the test.” Seulgi said.

“How am I supposed to know all that stuff when I grew up in Canada?”

“Well, I think you should have spent your time studying instead of baking your precious chocolate chip cookies.”

“Don’t bring my cookies into this! They’re innocent!”

“Wendy unnie is right! They’re too delicious to be blamed!” Joy said.

“Thanks Joy.”

“You’re welcome unnie.”

 

            Wendy and Joy high-fived each other. Seulgi just shook her head at her friends’ antics.

 

             She looked around the cafeteria but Jaehoon is nowhere to be found. He’s usually sitting alone on a table but it wasn’t the case this time. Seulgi excused herself from the table.

 

“Where are you going?” Wendy asked her.

“I’m going to get something from my locker.” Seulgi lied.

“What about your food unnie?” Joy asked.

“You can have it.”

“Thanks unnie!” Joy said happily.

 

            Seulgi left the cafeteria and headed to the rooftop. When she opened the door, she saw Jaehoon lying down on the floor and his right arm is covering his eyes. Seulgi tiptoed quietly and sat down beside him.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jaehoon suddenly spoke.

“I thought you were asleep.”

“I wasn’t. I was just resting my eyes.”

“Okay.”

“You didn’t answer my question.”

“Huh? Oh… Nothing. Can’t I stay here? I’ll leave then.”

 

            Seulgi was about to stand up when Jaehoon held her arm and pulled her back down. She glanced at Jaehoon and he’s looking at her like a kid who’s asking for candy.

 

“Don’t. Stay here, please.”

“You could have just said so.” Seulgi chuckled.

 

            Jaehoon sat up and leaned back against the wall. Seulgi did the same.

 

“So, how was the test?” Seulgi asked.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter