Decisions

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi...

          1 year later…

 

          It is the day that Jaehoon, Nayeon and Seulgi have all been waiting for. No, it’s not their wedding day but their graduation from college.

 

“I can’t believe it. I’m finally graduating.” Seulgi said to Nayeon who’s fixing her hair infront of the mirror.

“Yeah, me too. It’s almost unfair though. I only spent over a year and a half in college.” Nayeon answered, looking back at Seulgi.

“You’re pretty smart, that’s why.”

“Not as smart as you though.”

“Okay, okay, I give up. We’re both smart. Deal?”

“Yeah, but I don’t think that’s the case when it comes to love though.”

“That, I can definitely agree. By the way, where’s—“

 

          As if on cue, their bedroom door suddenly opened.

 

“Good morning to my two beautiful ladies!” Jaehoon greeted followed with a gentleman-like bow.

“It’s too early for your sweet-talking.” Seulgi said, scoffing at him.

“Hello, baby bear.” Jaehoon leaned over and kissed her cheek.

“And hello to you too, baby bunny.” He also kissed Nayeon’s cheek before he went back and laid down on Seulgi’s bed.

 

          Seulgi frowned and scolded Jaehoon.

 

“Don’t lie down! You’ll ruin your uniform!”

 

          Jaehoon just stuck out his tongue childishly.

 

“Why are you here? We’re not even done preparing yet.”  Nayeon asked.

“I just missed you two, that’s all. Is that wrong?”

“We’re going to see each other in like, five minutes.”

“Five minutes is a long time. Besides, when it comes to women, five minutes is equivalent to an hour.”

 

          After saying that, Jaehoon felt the temperature in the room suddenly drop. He sat up and saw the two girls glaring at him.

 

“Are you implying something, Kim Jaehoon?” Seulgi asked with an evil grin plastered on her face.

“So, you’re telling me that we take too long to prepare?” Nayeon added, her eyebrows scrunched.

“N-No… I w-wasn’t i-implying a-anything…”

“Good. I’m glad we’re clear.”

“Okay, I’m done.” Nayeon said before she stood up.

 

          Jaehoon suddenly jumped up and off the bed, startling the two girls.

 

“Finally!”

“You’re really asking for it, huh?” Nayeon glared at him again.

“I’ll behave now, okay? I’m sorry.” Jaehoon said and kissed Nayeon’s cheek again, making her blush.

“Alright, let’s go. We don’t want to be late to our graduation ceremony.” Seulgi said.

“Ladies, after you.” Jaehoon opened the door and gestured for them to come out.

 

          When they were about to go down, Jaehoon suddenly spoke up.

 

“Wait a minute. I forgot something in my room.”

“Really? You had to remember it just before we leave?” Seulgi looked at him with scrunched eyebrows.

“I won’t take long, I promise. You can go ahead first.”

“Fine, but make it quick.”

“Okay.”

 

          Seulgi and Nayeon just nodded before they went downstairs. When they were out of earshot, Jaehoon pulled out his phone and called someone.

 

“Are the preparations done?”

“Just finishing things up. We need a little bit more time.”

“Alright. Do what you have to.”

“Seriously, if I don’t love you, I won’t do this.”

“I know. I love you too.”

“Idiot. Those two might hear you and suspect something.”

“They won’t. They’re already outside.”

“Okay. I’ll see you later then. Good luck.”

“Thanks. Bye.”

 

          Jaehoon put his phone back in his pocket just in time before he heard Seulgi call out.

 

“Hey Jaehoon! Come on! We’re going to be late!”

“Alright! Alright! I’m coming!”

 

          He immediately went downstairs and into the front where the limousine is already waiting for them.

 

“Omma!” Jaehoon whined.

“What now?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“I’m going to use my own car.”

“No, you’re not.” Mr. Kim joined.

“WHY?”

“Because I said so. Besides, it’s been a while since all of us got together. Right girls?”

 

          Both girls nodded in approval.

 

“Fine.”

 

          They all went inside the car, with Jaehoon sitting in between Seulgi and Nayeon while having their hands intertwined with each other. Meanwhile, Yeri is sitting between her father and mother.

 

“Oppa.” Yeri mused.

“Yes?”

“The three of you look so cute together.”

“Oh, really?” Jaehoon asked.

“They’re cute, right omma? Appa?”

“Yes, they are. But I’m serious about having grandchildren soon.” Mr. Kim said with a stern look on his face.

“Stop pressuring them, Jongkook! Don’t worry, we’re not in a rush. Although it would be nice if we could have one soon.” Mrs. Kim added.

“I agree. I can’t wait to have a niece or nephew. I’ve been saying this for too long now.” Yeri added further.

 

          Jaehoon just kept quiet, not noticing the knowing stares being given to him by the two girls beside him.

 

“Did you hear that, Jaehoon? Your parents want to have grandchildren soon…” Seulgi said, Jaehoon’s thigh.

“Your sister wants a niece or nephew as soon as possible…” Nayeon followed, copying what Seulgi is doing.

“Whoa, hey! Calm down! Not here!” Jaehoon spoke up, feeling the tension building in his lower half.

 

          The two girls stopped their ministrations and laughed together with Jaehoon’s family.

 

“Jaehoon, you’re very lucky to have them by your side.” Mrs. Kim said.

“No, auntie. We’re lucky to have Jaehoon.” Nayeon spoke.

“I agree. Although we could say that he hit the jackpot with us.” Seulgi added.

 

          They continued laughing while Jaehoon just kept mum. Mr. Kim noticed it and asked him.

 

“Jaehoon, why are you so quiet? Is there something wrong?”

“I’m just nervous…”

“Of what?”

“Nothing… Nevermind…” He answered with a sigh.

 

          The car halted to a stop, indicating that they’ve arrived.

 

“Okay, we’re here. Congratulations again, you three.” Mrs. Kim said.

“Thanks, omma.”

“Thank you, auntie.”

“Nayeon-ah, I’d appreciate if you also call me omma like Seulgi does. After all, we’re pretty much family already.”

 

          Nayeon blushed and held Jaehoon’s hand tighter.

 

“Okay, we’ll be going first. You have the designated seats in the invitation, right?”

“Of course. We’ll be infront of the stage.”

“Great. See you later.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          After a little while, the graduation ceremony started. One by one, the names of the graduates were called. Nayeon and Seulgi were called, and they received their diplomas with big smiles on their faces. Jaehoon is the last one to be called because he’s receiving special honors.

 

“Last but not the least, Summa Laude, Kim Jaehoon! Everyone, let’s give him a big round of applause!” The MC said.

 

          All the audience applauded while Jaehoon went up to the stage. He received his diploma from the dean of the college and they shook hands.

 

“Can we have some words from our top student?”

 

          Jaehoon just nodded and went up to the podium.

 

“Greetings, ladies and gentlemen. A pleasant morning to all of you. They say college is one of the best years of a person’s life, don’t you agree? Well, for one, I certainly do. My college life was filled with ups and downs, blood, sweat, tears, everything, you name it. But despite all of that, I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I’ve learned and experienced so much these past few years. Although there are some things that most people wouldn’t be thankful for, I’m still thankful for them. I can definitely say that I was at the lowest point of my life. But then, I came back from the dead. Figuratively, of course.”

 

          He shot a knowing glance to his parents, Nayeon and Seulgi.

 

“It wouldn’t be possible if it weren’t for these very special people in my life. Ms. Im Nayeon and Ms. Kang Seulgi, would you please come up to the stage?”

 

          The two girls looked surprised, but they followed nonetheless.

 

“Words fail to express how thankful I am to these two for existing.”

 

          Jaehoon let out a little chuckle before he continued.

 

“No, seriously. If not for them, I wouldn’t be Kim Jaehoon, top student. I would just be Kim Jaehoon, that guy who always sleeps in class and doesn’t give a single care about the world. To say that they changed me is an understatement. It’s like I died, got resurrected, and became a whole new person.”

 

          Jaehoon chuckled again but this time, the two girls are glaring at him because they know exactly what he’s talking about.

 

“But that’s not the reason why I called them up here. I have something very important to say to them and I want all of you to hear it. Please be quiet and listen, okay?”

 

          The crowd agreed and Jaehoon continued.

 

“Seulgi, I don’t know what would’ve happened to me if you stopped bugging me during your first day of school. You were like a breath of fresh air that came to my world. I was really annoyed at first, you know? But when that incident happened, that’s when I felt that you’re special. That I needed to protect you and be there for you. You remember that, right?”

 

          Seulgi nodded. It was the first time that Jaehoon saved her.

 

“But then, I was too shy to talk to you, really. If it weren’t for my sister Yerim I would have continued to ignore you.”

 

          Jaehoon glanced at his sister and Yeri gave him a thumbs-up.

 

“We eventually got closer after that. I was ecstatic when you agreed to be my girlfriend. I felt like I was on cloud nine. We were dubbed as the Star Couple, right? We went through many ups and downs together, until that one fateful day…” Jaehoon trailed off.

“Jae, I’m so sorry. I—” Seulgi tried to say something but Jaehoon shushed her.

“It’s okay. There’s no need to say sorry. The only thing that matters is that you’re here.”

 

          Seulgi nodded and smiled.

 

“After Seulgi, another gust of wind blew right through my world by the name of Im Nayeon. But not without the help of two loud, hyperactive but most certainly adorable kids. Hey girls.”

 

          Jaehoon glanced at the audience and waved at Dahyun and Chaeyoung who are sitting with Jeongyeon. The two girls smiled and waved back.

 

“Nayeon, I’m still sorry for knocking on your forehead when we first met. I swear I didn’t know you opened the door already.” Jaehoon snickered, making the audience laugh and Nayeon playfully glare at him.

“Is that your way of saying that my forehead is wide?” Nayeon asked, raising her eyebrow at him.

“Your words, not mine.” He put his hands up as if admitting defeat, making the audience laugh once more.

 

          When the laughter died down, Jaehoon continued.

 

“I was broken from what happened between Seulgi and I, but you didn’t abandon me. You helped me pick up the pieces even though you got hurt while doing so. But even though the pieces were put back together, I wasn’t really the same person as before. I had issues that I couldn’t solve no matter how much I tried. Still, you’ve always been there for me. For that, I’m eternally grateful.”

 

          Nayeon just nodded and smiled the same way Seulgi did.

 

“I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to return the love you’ve given me. Believe me, I tried so hard to reciprocate your feelings but I just couldn’t do it. My brain tells me one thing but my heart says another. I realized that it was unfair for you if we had been in a relationship but I’m still not over my previous one.”

“You don’t need to apologize, really. I’m also at fault so we’re kind of even.” Nayeon chuckled.

“Thanks, Nayeon.” Jaehoon nodded at her.

 

          He turned to the crowd once again before speaking.

 

“Anyway, now that I’ve said everything I wanted to say, well, not everything. There’s still one more thing I haven’t said yet. I think this is the most important one? Probably.”

 

          Jaehoon looked at the two girls again.

 

“Can you two do me a favor, please?”

“Sure, what is it?” Seulgi asked.

“Please stand in the center of the stage.”

“What about me?” Nayeon asked this time.

“Stand here beside me. I don’t think I could do this alone.”

“What are you—”

 

          As if on cue, the lights went out and a single spotlight is shining down on them.

 

“Hi. These past few years have been a complete rollercoaster ride, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. We experienced a lot of things, good or bad, that made us who we are today. That being said, despite everything that happened, one thing never changed and that is my love for you. Remember what I told you? I’m yours and I’ll always be here, even if you don’t want me to. It’s because you’re the reason why I’m here. My reason for being, my reason for existing. I can’t imagine living my life without you today, tomorrow and until the day I die. So, Kang Seu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter