First Day, First Trouble

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               The deafening sound of an alarm clock is blaring inside Seulgi’s bedroom. It’s already 6:30 in the morning and she just woke up. Her class starts at 7:15.

 

“Omo! Why did I forget to change my alarm last night?! I’m going to be late!” Seulgi screamed internally while trying to brush her teeth at the speed of light.

 

                Seulgi hurriedly got ready for school and she didn’t bother to eat breakfast. It’s her first day of junior year and she’s already close to being late. Seulgi went out of her apartment unit and rushed to Kyunghee University. She arrived after a few minutes. As she stood by the door, almost all of her classmates looked at her.

                                            

“Sorry I’m late!”

“Hmm? What’s your name?” The professor asked Seulgi.

“Seulgi. Kang Seulgi.”

“Oh, you’re the new student! Come in! I was just about to call your name for attendance. Please introduce yourself to the class.”

“Hello! I’m Kang Seulgi! I hope we can get along!” Seulgi bowed and smiled.

“Okay, take your seat Ms. Kang.”

“Thank you. Umm, where should I sit?”

“You can take a seat between Jaehoon and Seungwan.”

 

                The teacher pointed at an empty seat between a sleeping guy and a short girl. The girl reacted almost instantly.

 

“It’s Wendy sir! Wendy!”

“Alright, sit beside Ms. Wendy Son. Happy?” The professor laughed while saying that.

“Very. Come here Seulgi! Sit beside me!”

 

                Seulgi complied with Wendy’s request. She noticed the guy sitting at her left. He’s already sleeping even though class hasn’t started yet.

 

“Hi… I’m Seulgi.”

 

                No response. She decided to tap his shoulder. The guy looked up and glared at Seulgi.

 

“What do you want?”

“Umm… Nothing… I just want to know your name.”

“I don’t want to tell you. Now stop bothering me.”

 

                Seulgi was taken aback by his words. Wendy heard it and talked to him.

 

“Yah Jaehoon! Is that how you treat a new student? At least show some respect!”

“Tch, whatever.”

 

                The guy scoffed and buried his face between his arms again. Wendy just sighed and looked at Seulgi.

 

“Don’t mind him. He’s always like that. No one dares to talk to him so don’t bother trying to make friends with him.” Wendy rolled her eyes at the guy, who wasn’t even looking.

 

                Seulgi was about to respond but the teacher stood up, signaling the start of classes. After a few hours, lunch break came. Seulgi went to the cafeteria to buy food, but she had nowhere else to sit. She spots Jaehoon sitting alone so she walks to his table and sits down.

 

“Do you mind if I sit here?”

“No. I was about to leave anyway.”

 

                Jaehoon stood up and left Seulgi alone. Suddenly, Wendy appeared from nowhere with a taller girl accompanying her. They both sat down with Seulgi.

 

“Seulgi! Why are you eating by yourself? You should eat with me instead. Oh, and this is Joy. She’s a sophomore. Joy, this is Seulgi, my classmate.

“Hi unnie! Nice to meet you!” Joy said while smiling brightly.

“Same here.”

“So, how is your first day Seulgi?”

“It’s okay, I guess. I’m still adjusting here a bit.”

“Oh? Why? You just moved here?”

“Yeah, about two weeks ago. I live alone, actually.”

“Really? Where’s your parents?”

“Umm… They’re here in Seoul too, but I wanted to live closer to school so…”

“I see… We should visit your place sometimes.”

“Sure. I’d definitely like that.”

 

                They continued to eat their lunch but Seulgi is secretly stealing glances at Jaehoon, who is sitting down on one of the benches. Joy caught her staring and .

 

“Seulgi unnie, do you like him?”

“Huh? What?”

“You like Jaehoon oppa, don’t you?”

“Yah Seulgi-ya, don’t waste your time with him. He’s just hopeless.” Wendy butted in.

“I don’t like him that way. I’m just curious about him, that’s all.”

“Well then. Let me tell you a bit about Kim Jaehoon. He was my classmate since first year, and he was already like that. He doesn’t socialize with people, he doesn’t pay attention in class and sometimes he just sleeps through or skips. Even though he looks like a nerd, his grades are really close to failing. As far as I know, he has no friends.” Wendy narrated.

“Oh… I see…”

“Anyway, like I told you, don’t bother making friends with him. You’ve got a close to zero chance of success. Besides, why would you be friends with a loser like him?”

 

                Seulgi just nodded. They finished eating and went back to their classroom for their afternoon classes. The day went by quickly and it’s time for dismissal already. Jaehoon went past Seulgi quickly and went out of the room. She’s packing her things when Wendy spoke beside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter