School Rumble: Kai's episode

Stupid CUPID!

 

 

                                                                                      Featured song: BEAST- "You"

 


Setting: Luhan's room (+Univ)

 

 


Chapter Characters: Luhan * Kai 

(BaekTaoDOKrisSehun)

 


"Why are we in my room again?" Luhan asked, glaring at Kai who was crawling on his bed to sit.

The grumpy cupid arched his eyebrow before he looked away. 

"Kai!" Infuriated, Luhan exclaimed.

He turned to the angry Luhan, surprised."Kai? Did you just call me Kai?"

"Yes! I called you Kai, what's wrong with that?" Luhan continued screaming while stomping his feet. "I need to go back to school now! I still have my class!"

Kai sighed as he rose from the bed. "Later."

Luhan stepped backwards when he saw Kai approaching him. Lulu defense position activated.

"What is that?" the grumpy cupid asked as he moved in closer to the scaredy Luhan. The latter shut his eyes, afraid of what Kai might do to him. 

"You still keep his cage," Kai uttered. Luhan opened his eyes and saw the cupid inquiring the hamster cage.

Luhan answered back in a more relax manner, "Oh...Kimmy? Yes." He felt sad when he remembered his lost friend. "It's really lonely without Kimmy. I wish he didn't get lost." The gloomy Luhan moved next to the table where the cage was situated. He was looking at it intently while Kai observed him at the side. 

"You miss him?" Kai asked further. 

Luhan nodded. "I miss him everyday. He was the only friend I got."

The grumpy cupid smiled secretly. "That's nice to hear," he murmured.

Luhan nodded. He then scowled when Kai's words registered in his head. "Huh?!"

The cupid's face turned dire in an instant. He shook his head with eyes wide opened.

"Nice to hear? You're so mean," Luhan mumbled as he moved away from Kai. He sat on his bed, thinking.

"No..I didn't mean to say it that way..I guess what I was saying is.." Kai stopped. He was gauging if Luhan was listening to his explanation. And he was so he continued, "I mean, for sure, Kimmy misses you, too."

Luhan's face brightened a little, "Do you think so?"

Kai nodded, "Well..yeah. I guess. He's your bestfriend after all."

Lulu smiled. He felt happy hearing those words. It was a relief. Kai, too, felt reassured after seeing Luhan's expression.

"Hey," Luhan called softly. "Can we go back now?" He was looking down while Kai observed him, until the grumpy cupid found himself Luhan's face. This made the shy and surprised Luhan blush in awkwardness.

"Wha--what are you doing?" 

Kai took away his hand from Luhan, "I'm sorry. I was just ... trying to..comfort you." Kai uttered in a low voice that Luhan just frowned in confusion.

The grumpy cupid sat beside Luhan and scratched his head. The shy Luhan was becoming more tense as they remained seated quietly. 

"Uhm, Luhannie," Kai broke the silence. His voice was deep that it made Luhan shivered a little. He was slowly turning his head towards the grumpy cupid next to him. 

"What do you think of me?" Kai almost bit his tongue after saying it. What am I thinking? He glanced at Luhan who was looking at him, jaw dropped, eyes wide opened. 

"Why.are.you.asking?" Luhan asked in almost numbered manner. He was slowly moving his away from Kai. 

The grumpy cupid started to panic a little. He searched for the words to divert Luhan's attention into something different but his blank mind was teasing him even more. He was losing his cool. Damn damn damn! What to say?

Luhan finally reached the edge of his bed and accidentally fell down. "Aw!"

"Hey!" Kai snapped from his thoughts and went to Luhan. "You're so clumsy." When he was about to reach for Luhan's shoulder, the latter crawled backwards in a fast mode until he reached the door.

"Why are you acting so weird?" Kai blurted out, annoyed. Wanting to check on the injured Luhan, he moved closer to him.

"You're the one who is acting weird!" Luhan screamed back at him as he covered his face. "Suddenly saying those words. Your questions---"

"Alright! Don't answer me if you if that's what you want. I am not forcing you. I just want to check your wound," Kai was trying to convince him. "Let me see it."

Luhan moved his hands downwards as he peeked to see Kai's weary face. He looked away and relaxed. "It's nothing really." He pulled up his pants a little and there was a scar from the fall. 

"This is nothing?" Kai asked him sarcastically. "Wait here. I'll get something." After that, he disappeared. Few seconds passed and he's back again; now with a medical kit to cure Luhan's wound. "There. Next time, be careful. You're such a klutz. You always fall on things and hurt yourself. You're 20 but you act like 5."

"Thanks. But that last remark was uneccessary," Luhan rebuted while pulling down his pants. He stood up and fixed his clothes. 

Kai just snorted and he rose from the floor. Luhan glanced at his watch. It's 3 in the afternoon and he needs to go back to the university if he wants to attend the class on time.

"Can you take me back to school now?" Luhan plead. "We have preparations to do for the university festival. I need to help my classmates. Please..."

Kai studied Luhan's expression and not long, he grabbed his arm and poof! They're back in the university.

Luhan's ARTS classroom~

The professor who will give them instructions regarding the school festival was still not around so Luhan hurriedly find his seat. He was breathing heavily from running. 

"Hey, is he a part of this class?" One of his classmates asked.

Luhan looked at his side to see Kai sitting right next to him. The grumpy cupid nod his head in response to the boy. "Yes. I am part of this class."

"No you're no---"

Kai covered Luhan's mouth. "I will try my best to help out with the preparations."

The boy frowned but then shrugged and returned to his seat.

Luhan nudged Kai's hand. "What are you doing? You're not part of this class."

"Hey. I am your classmate remember. I also took all the classes you have this semester. So to make it short and clear to you, I'll be with you all day everyday," Kai replied in an assertive tone.

Luhan grunted. Things are starting to get more difficult especially now that these cupids invaded not only his room, but his school as well!

What happened with helping me find true love? What happened with the love hunt? I really thought these people will be my friends but all they do is fight when I'm around. Ahhhhhh.... This is not good.

For the next five minutes, the professor instructed the class to prepare a number during the UNIV. program. They can either sing, dance, have a musical play, a puppet show, etc. It depends on their skills. Luhan was observing his classmates as they discussed what to do. He wanted to suggest but he's too shy. He remembered the words of their prof; they should contribute ideas to make their performance excellent. If not, failure! Luhan was starting to get anxious when the bully in class, Ren, approached him. "We decided to have a dance performance," he said. "But you won't do it, right? Weird kid? You can't dance. I wonder how you can manage to pass this class without participating." He mocked Luhan in front of his classmates. "Maybe, you'll have a solo!"

Kai, seated at the back  with his legs on top of the table, heard him and called out, "What was that?!"

Ren turned to him and scowled, "Not your business, ."

Being grumpy that he is, Kai immediately stood up and walked towards Ren. He gripped his shoulders and threatened the guy, "I am a part of this class, too, together with my bro--, with my friends who were absent now. Luhan and the rest of us will perform. We will pass this class, you idiot." He shoved him away. "You go ahead and perform your own number. We will do our part. Don't you look down on him [Luhan] just because he looks like a coward. I will teach you a lesson the hard way if you won't stop."

At the student area~

"No!" Baekhyun blurted out. "I won't dance. After you took away Luhannie, you'll ask us to do what you want. No way, Kai."

Sehun was hugging Luhan at the side while the latter struggles to escape from him. "That's right. You left us here and brought Hannie somewhere. I can't imagine what you did to him, grumpy ." He then sobbed.

Tao nodded, "Where did you take him, Kai?"

Kai scratched his head, "We went back to his room."

 

 

The rest gasped for air before their jaws slowly dropped. 

[S] .....

[B].a---

[T] You're dead, Kai.

[D.O] *appeared out of nowhere* ? !

Kris, who was sitting on the bench, just watch his brothers' prelude to another war.  "These twits...After blowing up their faces, they still don't learn." He snorted, clearly unimpressed.

"What?" Kai was about to throw a punch on Tao. 

"Why his room of all the places, MOROOOOOOON," Sehun walked quickly like robot to reach Kai. "You're planning to do something..."

"Shut up! I'm not like you," Kai pushed him aside. "Can we just talk about the performance? Luhan needs our help."

Kris finally agreed, "He's right. Forget about the room, or what happened in the room...or what Kai did to Luhan while they were in the room..."

[Kai] "KRIS!"

"What I was saying is, this might be the right time for Luhan to show himself," Kris continued. "By helping him pass the class, we can also help him with his self-confidence and love problem."

Kai sighed in relief. "Yes. Hitting two birds with one arrow."

"One stone," D.O rebuted. 

"Fine," Kai conceded. He turned to Luhan who was just observing them silently. "Don't worry. It'll be okay."

"I hope so," Luhan replied softly.

"We'll be right here, Lulu," Tao added.

Sehun clung to Luhan once again, "Think positively, Hannie. Baby Hun is here for you."

Kai just rolled his eyes while Tao and Baekhyun started to attack the youngest cupid again.

Luhan, feeling a little more hopeful than before, smiled shyly and turned to them, "Thank you..."

They all stopped upon hearing Luhan and genuine smiles slowly formed on their faces.

~to be continued


Author's note: Kai and his obsession with Luhan's room. xD

P.S sorry for the late update. 

 Lulu and the troublesome cupids will dance at the school festival! What song from EXO should they dance to?

Please leave your suggestion, thoughts and opinions in the comment section below. 

Thanks for reading.