Halfhearted II

Stupid CUPID!

 

Featured song: FT Island- 지독하게 (Severely)


"Kai?"

Luhan slowly stood up; his eyes gazing on the cupid whose face was almost unrecognizable after the transformation. Kris struggled to get up and approached his brothers once again, "Stop this already." Sehun and Kai both transformed before his eyes and weariness immediately took over Luhan. He was also afraid of what might happen afterwards. Right when he caught Kai lifting his arm to grab Sehun, he hurriedly motioned towards the two and held the former by the hand. 

"Kai. Don't do that," Luhan plead. Kai turned to him and Luhan vividly saw his eyes; the surface was oozing with contempt, but somehow, Luhan could feel a different emotion behind it. 

Sadness.

Kris quickly took Luhan's hand away from Kai and put him aside, "You might get hurt, Luhannie. Let me deal with it."

"But you're hurt," Luhan insisted. "And Kai won't hurt me. He will never do anything like that." 

Sehun's eyes which were solely focused on Kai for a while shifted to Luhan after hearing his trustful words towards the cupid. "He will never do anything like that." He looked away, upset. Despite the little will to stop himself from furthering, he couldn't let go of jealousy and possessiveness. It's about Luhan after all. He never met someone who became so precious to him that he's willing to fight for him until the end. 

Yet, Sehun was slowly realizing how much he hurt Luhan; how many times he neglected the latter's feelings for his. Remembering Luhan's fearful and anxious face, it pained him even more than he expected. He just wanted to be with him and let Luhan stay in his arms, but why is everything so hard and complicated? Just when he was ready to give it all, he found himself losing.

"You really did it," Kai suddenly murmured. He stared at his younger brother with disappointed eyes. "How many times do you have to mess with Luhan? DON'T YOU KNOW HOW MUCH HE CARES FOR YOU?"

Those words were thrown at him like a bomb. Just when he thought he was deaing with his older brother's jealousy, it came differently. It wasn't about the kiss. It wasn't really about who owns who. Kai was walking on a thin line between his feelings for Luhan and his care for his own brother. Sehun held his breath and clenched his teeth in silence as Kai continued. 

"You taught Luhan what friendship is and he loves you for that. Don't make him worry anymore..." his voice was slowly deteriorating; from dominant to faint. Regardless of Kris' warning, Luhan moved in and held Kai; his weak arms wrapped around the latter's shoulder as he rested his head on his shoulder. 

"Don't make us worry anymore, Sehun," Kai muttered.

Sehun gulped. His eyes met Luhan's as the latter then mouthed, "Please..." His chest tensed while watching Luhan holding Kai anxiously, asking him to return to his old self and stop making him worry.

He was pleading while Kai gradually fell frail. Kris was watching them with sad eyes. As he turned to Sehun, his eyes also spoke with plea. Sehun lowered his head and turned around. He paced towards the window; his hair went back to it's original color and form. Just before he flies, he titled his head to the side and mouthed back to Luhan.

"I'm sorry..."

Luhan watched him as he glided outside until he lost sight of him. Kai fell unconscious at once and Luhan quickly rested him down. 

"Kai.. Kai! Kai... please wake up. Kai...."

Kris approached the two and checked on the younger cupid.

"Nhhnnn..." Kai grunted as he twisted his body which seemed in pain. Luhan sighed in relief. His smile immediately appeared. "Thank goodness! I was worried." He leaned over and gave him a warm embrace. 

***

Lay was inside Luhan's room and looking intently at the latter's sketching pad when Sehun dashed in from the window and went directly on Luhan's bed. His eyes followed the youngest cupid as he snuggled under the covers and hides. 

Sehun's face was all red and moistened. He rubbed his hand forcibly against his eyes and breathed in heavily. 

"I was supposed to sleep there," Lay started. "But I think YOU need it more than me." He leaned over the desk, quietly listening to Sehun as he cried faintly. Luhan's sketchbook was then placed back on the table. Lay gave a particular portrait one final glance before he slowly vanished. 

 


EXO Planet~

"So, it was Kai after all," Xyke muttered. She was standing in the hallway together with Chanyeol, DO, Chen and Qupid who was facing away and looking through the window. Chen, who already had an idea about it, took a glimpse of the bewildered DO. The latter hasn't spoken after Chanyeol narrated to them what happened. 

"What about Sehun and Kai?" Qupid inquired. "Where are they?"

"We left them with Luhan and Kris," Chanyeol answered hesitantly. He knew it wasn't the best thing to do because of the possible transformations. But back then, when he saw Kai's expression, he could only let him go and find Luhan for himself. Xyke approached Qupid and waited for his response. The latter turned to her before he spoke to his children, "He chose Kai. Though it hurt all of you, I think you're old enough to know what you have to do." 

Chanyeol looked away and kept silent while Chen nodded. DO, on the other hand, left the area at once and proceeded to his room without a word. 

"Let him be" Qupid told them. "Sooner or later, he has to understand that acceptance is the only way to make things right; not only for Luhannie and Kai, but more importantly, for himself."


When Kai regained strength, he returned to Luhan's room with Kris and Luhan. As they entered through, Kai immediately noticed someone under the blanket. His gut feeling didn't fail him. It was indeed Sehun as he expected, sleeping soundly after crying hard. Kris carried him at once and decided to return home. 

"How is he?" Luhan asked. "Will he be okay after the transformation? What will happen to him? Does he need something to make him better?"

Kris smiled assuringly, "He's fine, Luhannie. Don't worry too much. He just needs rest."

"Take care of him, Kris," muttered Kai. The older cupid nodded, "Sure will." He then went off. Luhan was intently watching them soar from the window with Kai who was holding him by the waist. The latter gave him a peck on the cheek and whispered, "Sorry for worrying you."

Luhan shook his head and turned to him, "The important thing is you're okay. The both of you are alright. Like what you said, compromise. It was disheartening, seeing the both of you in conflict. There was a point when I blamed myself. But you. You just make things better. I feel like I'm much stronger as long as you're with me."

Kai playfully smirk and hugged him even more, "That's too sweet."

"I mean it---"

"I know," the cupid murmured. "And I couldn't ask for more. Thank you, Luhan..for everything."


 Author's note: We are getting nearer to the end. Few chapters left! ^^

Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions below.

Thanks for reading and for your continuous support.