Realizations (continuation) + Chanyeol's Episode

Stupid CUPID!

Realizations (cont.)

[Featured song: "You"-BEAST ]

"I love you, " Kai whispered softly.

Luhan's face flushed after hearing those words. He slowly rested his head on Kai's shoulder while the cupid embraced him tightly. He remained silent and static until Kai his hair lightly. He jerked and arched his head away. This gave Kai a chance to take a glimpse of Luhan's blushing face. He sustained his heavy breathing; fighting the urge to kiss the latter.

Luhan shifted his eyes on the floor and wasn't sure what he needs to do. His chest hurt because of the overwhelming situation he's in. He was bowing his head and would glance quickly at Kai's chest to see what the cupid was to do next. Kai kept the distance small between them; not wanting to end the moment until he hears Luhan's answer. He wanted to hear it so badly. 

He lifted Luhan's cheeks up to see his eyes.

Luhan was about to cry. He looked like a delicate flower under the heavy rain.

*thunders

"Luhan--"

"I'm sorry. I... I don't know what to say..."

Kai brushed his thumb across the latter's left eye. "I just wanted you to be honest with yourself."

[Luhan] .......

[Kai] Do you trust me?

Luhan gasped and nodded.

[Kai] Do you care for me?

Luhan's eyes narrowed. He breathed deeply and nodded.

....

"Am I important to you?"

[Luhan] ......

"Am I important to you, Luhan?"

Luhan finally closed his eyes. He can feel his hands trembling. He cannot understand why he was becoming helpless at that point.

Not long, he managed to open his mouth and answer, "Yes....

....and so are your brothers."

*thunders

......

Kai felt weak-kneed; his hands were slowly falling down from Luhan's face. He gulped after he felt an excruciating pain on his chest. Luhan watched with a saddened expression as Kai's hands dropped. The cupid was slowly moving away from him.

[Luhan] I...I am stupid... I don't know what I want...Stupid. Coward...

Luhan was silently blaming himself for making Kai disappointed and troubled. He did not notice the beads of water falling from his eyes.

Kai witnessed Luhan's regretful expression. The latter was staring aimlessly at the ground while crying unknowingly.

What am I doing? Of course he cares for my brothers. They're important to him. More than anything else, Luhan found friendship in their presence. I know that. Luhan has been through a lot and now I am forcing him to see me; only me. To accept me and only me. This might also be the first time he's feeling so confused and pained... 

Kai tugged Luhan and hugged him securely. "I'm sorry..."

"I'm sorry Kai.. I still don't understand my feelings... I- didn't mean.."

"Hush... You shouldn't blame yourself. I'm sorry.... hush now.."

Luhan clutched firmly on Kai's shirt as he controlled his tears. There was silence around them.

"Knowing that you care for me means a lot to me," Kai uttered; he faced Luhan and showed a genuine and almost entrancing smile. "Thank you, Luhan."

Luhan gazed at him for a while. It was the first time he saw Kai's gentle side. It was pleasant and it pacified his throbbing heart. The cupid leaned closer until they can feel each other's breath. 

"So near," Luhan murmured while avoiding the eye contact.

Kai repressed a laugh. "Tomato-face," he said teasingly which made Luhan pout. He cannot feel Luhan's resistance and it made his heart flutter in joy and contentment. A while ago, he felt his world turning upside down, thinking that he blew up his chance and got rejected. But seeing Luhan and feeling his warmth, he realized that it's far from being over. It's just the beginning.

[Kai] Will you give me a chance to prove how much I love you?

Luhan slightly curled his lips upward. Kai chuckled at his subtle messages. He kissed his forehead and slowly moved his lips downwards.

"You're not telling me to stop," he uttered softly.

[Luhan] St..stop..

The cupid smirked, "I can barely hear it..."

His lips was slowly making its way on Luhan's nose bridge...

[Luhan] Kai...stop...

... until he reached the tip and kissed it lovingly.

....

Kai stopped, seeing Luhan squeezed his eyes close. "I'll save this one for when you finally understood your feelings for me. And when you can finally say those three words without doubt." He gently touched Luhan's lips before letting the latter go.


 The History of Cupids

+

Chanyeol's Episode (Closed Doors)

Featured song: "Lie" by CN Blue

   

 

 

EXO~PLANET: The EXO planet is home for human-like creatures called Cupids, who live for love and happiness. Their mission is to help people in their endeavors and spread love in the entire universe. In its kingdom lives the god and goddess of love: Qupid and Xykee (Greek myth ref.) and their eleven royal sons out of nature's blessing. 

Xiumin is the eldest and received the power of snow. As a child, Xiumin was very interested in food and would help his mother bake. The second son is Chanyeol. The power of fire was bestowed upon him when he was born. He served as the eldest brother since Xiumin wasn't able to get through childhood and remained kid-like. Suho is the third son; he controls water. Among his brothers, he is considered the wealthiest since as a child, he was into business and savings with his family. The fourth son is Kris; he has the ability to fly. His brothers can fly, too, but he is more well-versed and can travel easily from one galaxy to another. He is a cold-type of guy but deep inside, he is caring and mature (except for his sense of humor). The next son is Chen. His power is to understand people through music. He lives because of music and is considered the best singer in the entire kingdom. Next is Lay, the sleepy-head. His power is to imagine and dream vividly. Baekhyun is the 7th son. He was into playing the musical instruments until he reached Earth and got obsessed with taking pictures. He is also a perfect copy of his dorky father. The next son is Tao, who can control time (but not so much). His parents gave him the capability to stop, see the past and forward time with great limits. When he discovered martial arts, he got hook and is very passionate about it. Kai is the nineth son. He has the teleportation power. He grew up to be such a grumpy child because of his brothers' non-stop teasing. He appears cold but is actually sensitive and thoughtful. The second to the youngest is D.O who loves reading books. His power is especially given to him by nature to help the people on Earth. He can make flowers grow in just a command. And the youngest cupid is Sehun, a rainbow-haired guy who is carefree about everything (not until he met a particular someone). His capability is to fly impressively and to control the wind. 

Though it may appear that this kingdom is peaceful and heavenly, there was also a time when they faced hatred and trials because of a rebellious cupid who fell in love with a human but cannot let go of his selfishness. When a cupid falls in love, he or she automatically recedes his powers to be whole with the person he or she loves. The rebellious cupid on the other hand was a greedy one and it ended up bad for the person he loves. He was consumed by unfaithfulness and earthly pleasures that the kingdom decided to heal him. But things won't always turn out right, despite the love. He cannot accept his own mistake and just vanished. They believed that he remained on Earth and died a painful death.

When the eleven royal sons turned 12, they were set free to do their missions. At first, these royal cupids found it hard to even search for the right person to help without arguing. They would pull each other's hair and clothing like five-year old kids. But because of a deep bond and love for each other, they always end up in peace with one another.

Chanyeol, particularly, played an important role in making sure that his brothers unite and maintain the bond despite their petty fights and bickering. He has been the wall that raises them up every time they waver. He has been depended for long...that he overlooked his own feelings.

Now, he is troubled with what's going on with his brothers and Luhan.

He fears that the transformations will happen to them, one by one, and they might hate each other because of one special person: Luhan.

 

At present~

Chanyeol rose to his feet and decided to look for Kai when his eyes caught him and Luhan walking side by side along the hallway. He was about to approach them but stopped when he saw their smiling faces. 

"Is it over for the rest?" Chanyeol murmured as he leaned his head against the wall. "Is Kai the one, Luhannie?"

Later that evening, Luhan upacked his things and laid down on his bed. He was exhausted and wanted to sleep... until Kai's face appeared in his mind. He immediately grabbed his pillow and covered his face.

Stop thinking...stop thinking... stop thinking....

When he felt like suffocating, he pulled the pillow down and breathed. "My stomach somehow hurts.... "

He sat up and scratched his head. "Right. I haven't eaten." He jumped out of bed motioned towards the door. When he opened it, Chanyeol popped. 

[Chanyeol] Hi.

"That was..." Luhan held his chest. "...scary..."

Chanyeol smiled lightly and asked, "Can I join you here, Luhannie?"

[Luhan] Oh...sure. I was about to get some food. Can you wait a second? I'll be back immediately.

Chanyeol nodded.

When Luhan returned to his room with a bowl of noodles, he found Chanyeol browsing through his baby pictures. The giant cupid was staring at them keenly; smiling from time to time. He glanced at Luhan who was closing the door. "You look so fat when you were little."

"I was really big when I was born. My mom told me that I'm special because of that," Luhan answered jokingly. He put his bowl on the desk and continued, "I wonder how you look when you were young."

[Chanyeol] Me? *laughs I looked like a giant since the day I was born. 

Luhan chuckled.

"I was different from my brothers who looked cute and cuddly when they were young. The cupids were shocked because I look like an old man," Chanyeol explained. "I didn't look cuddly at all."

Luhan giggled. He could only imagine what they looked like; what Kai looked like. Chanyeol noticed his smile while thinking. He closed the photo album and placed it on the bedside. "Kai looked cuter when he was young than now," he said.

Luhan's smile dropped. He turned to Chanyeol who was staring at him with a foreign expression. It's the first time he witnessed Chanyeol's seriousness.

....

"Is-is that so?" Luhan responded. He started eating anxiously while Chanyeol watched him.

[Chanyeol] Luhannie..

[Luhan] Hm?

[Chanyeol] Is Kai.... the one you like?

Luhan choke on his food. He coughed and his faced turned all red.

Chanyeol knew right away. He sighed. "He is."

[Luhan] *gulped To be honest..., I-- I don't know...

[Chanyeol] I think you do.

[Luhan] Chanyeol...

[Chanyeol] I'm worried. Not really for myself, but for my brothers.

Luhan fell silent. He remembered the event when Sehun transformed and the rest confessed to him. After a while, he spoke and apologized. "I'm sorry...."

Chanyeol sighed and laughed. "No... I shouldn't put the blame on you. .. Don't get me wrong, Luhannie. I care for you and you are very important to me. Being with you brings us so much joy, despite the little fights along the way. You are special to each one of us.... however, now, I am really bothered about what's happening. I am worried for my brothers...."

.....

[Chanyeol] *sighs I shouldn't say this. I am making you worry even more. 

Luhan breathed before he turned to Chanyeol and freely spoke, "I didn't mean to make things difficult for all of you, Chanyeol. Believe me. At first, I was feeling hopeless. Without love and friends, I felt very lonely. But when all of you appeared, you changed me. I-- I am grateful." Luhan's eyes turned misty. "I am very happy to know all of you and to be friends with you. This is my first time to have loyal friends... Those friends who accept me despite my weaknesses. Believe me, I value everyone.... I am..."

Chanyeol stood up and approached him.

"... worried, too." Luhan finally said.

Chanyeol pulled him closer and let Luhan leaned on his chest. "I apologize. I can't bring myself to think right when I am fearful."

"I don't know what to do, too. But..." Luhan wiped his eyes. "... Kai...it's different with him."

Chanyeol rubbed his back. 

[Luhan] Tsk... I'm such a cry-baby.

When Luhan stopped, Chanyeol let him go. He stood still right next to him. 

Luhan lifted his head and looked at the cupid intently. "Have you ever felt this way, Chanyeol?" he asked innocently; not realizing that his words sparked a fire in Chanyeol's heart. He looked away with mind numbed. He was mentally dying but he managed to smile as he looked back at Luhan.

"No."

 

~to be continued


Author's note: KaiLu moment + Chanyeol's dilemma =  Rollercoaster of emotions

P.S I hope I am making sense in this story. #alittlebusytoday =.= If you found some points that I missed, feel free to state it below with your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks for reading. 

(btw, Chanyeol's pathcode is O.O. Happy virus looking all hot and handsome xD)

READ HERE: ^^

>> For those who are confused/curious/in doubt on how cupids fall in love and what will happen to them: here's a jist of it: The cupids are bound to lose their powers and turn into a human if they fall in love with a human. The transformations happen when they feel negative emotions that can harm others; having bad intentions for instance. If the person they love feel the same way, there will be no 3rd transformation but they will still turn into ordinary human to be with the person they love, sealed with Cupid's arrow. They don't need to continue being a cupid. For Sehun's case, he transformed because of his selfishness and jealousy the first time. IF he transforms the third time; meaning ill feelings nurtured him and he cannot accept Luhan's future decision, he will be exiled and turned into an ordinary human (w/o remembering where he came from, who he was ,etc). In this matter, it will be a bad ending. For Kris, he was about to turn into an ordinary human if only Hye-Jin didn't die. The arrow sealing is the final step for a cupid to transform into a human. 

Do you have any more questions? xD Leave them below and I'll try my best to answer without spoilers. GO! 

Oh and btw! The featured songs in every chapter has its purpose, 'kay? It's there for a reason. I'm actually giving hints about the characters through them. ^_~

(P.S I effin love Yoseob's voice in "You" haha #nostalgiaattack)