Interventions

Stupid CUPID!

 

 

Featured Song:  Puzzle by Taru 


After their little get-away, Kai and Luhan returned to Seoul the next day. It was early morning when they left Luhan's hometown and went back to the latter's room in no time.

There, they found the cupids waiting for them with dull expressions. Their eyes were raking Kai from head to toe. Chen was the first one to inquire, "Where did the two of you go? You haven't returned the whole day and NIGHT yesterday."

After that single question, each one of them started to ask simultaneously. Tao was already grabbing Kai's collar while D.O pinched his ears in anguish. Baekhyun was hitting his head with his palm.

Lay and Xiumin were watching their brothers punish Kai while Kris ignored their little commotion and just approached Luhan, only to be stopped midway when Sehun butted in. 

When Luhan noticed him, he immediately gulped; curious and weary of what the youngest one might do to him.

In the middle of the chaos, Sehun happily held Luhan's hands and spoke excitedly to the latter's surprise, "My mother wants to meet you, Luhannie."

All of them paused upon hearing him; frowns deepened and mouths opened wide.

Chanyeol turned to him and asked, "What did you say, Sehun? Mother?"

Tao snorted, "What nonsense are you talking about? She can't come--- wait...don't tell me..."

"She was with me last night. She pretended to be a fortune-teller at the carnival," Sehun started to explain. "When all of you returned home to meet Father, she was busy following me."

"So she was here while Father almost died, thinking she left him or something," said Suho as he shook his head.

D.O lifted his glasses, "And?.... Why would Luhan meet her? I bet you said something."

Sehun grinned, "Yeah. I told her I am in love with Luhannie."

[Chanyeol] *gulped

[Chen] *huffed

[Suho] No you didn't.

[Kris] *with a deep voice and cold expression* Wow. The guts. 

[Baekhyun] *bit his fingers

[D.O]  *took off his glasses and scowled

[Tao] *cracked his knuckles

[Lay] *crickets

[Xiumin] *his bubblegum popped on his mouth

[Kai] .... Sehun--

The youngest cupid turned to Kai and stared at him shortly before he faced Luhan again; ignoring his brother who was about to say something but decided not to after  seeing Sehun's lack of interest.

Or maybe, sustained anger.

Luhan smiled sourly when Sehun beamed at him and continued, "I told her that I love you, Luhannie. She wants to meet you today so please come with me."

"W-wait... meet her? But--well..." Luhan stuttered. Meeting their mother seems like a bad idea. He was worried of what might happen if she finds out about her son's feelings. It will probably stir more trouble.

"Oh! Is that Luhannie?!!!!" 

Chanyeol froze.

When the rest looked back, Xyke was sitting on Luhan's bed comfortably. Luhan tilted his head on side to see a beautiful woman with long silky-white dress, embroided with gold and silver detailings on the side. She has long black hair which adorned her stunning facial features. He finally knew where Kai got his charcoal-black hair and full lips. 

"Oh dear! He sure looks pretty," Xyke declared with a giggle before moving towards the uncomfortable Lulu.

[Suho] Mother---

"I'm Xyke and I'm the mother of these gorgeous bunch," she introduced. 

[Chanyeol] Mo--

"You're quite shy, aren't you? No wonder my boy likes you,"  she continued. "You're a big ball of cuteness."

Tao rubbed his face forcibly while listening to his mother's over-the-top compliments.

"He is," Sehun answered back. "But I don't like him just because he's cute. He is also endearing, talented, smart..."

Xyke smiled at Sehun, totally amused by her son's adoration. As to the rest of the cupids, a lot of things were running inside their heads. Chen for one, was already thinking of ways on how to explain to their mother the situation that almost all of them likes the same person. Chanyeol looked calm on the outside but he's already in panic down to the bones. His eyes would shift quickly from his brothers, to his mother, to Luhan. Kris waited for the right opportunity to speak. Out of all them, he's the one who doesn't really talk much to his mother due to what happened in the past. Xiumin and Lay, too, did not interrupt and just let the awkward conversation continue for a while.

Sehun was now holding Luhan like he owns him while Kai couldn't do much but stare and look weary at the side.

The youngest one furthered, "Luhannie and I went to the carnival last time and had a date." He chuckled. "He's afraid of going to high places so he was covering his eyes the whole time we rode the ferris wheel."

"I can't believe he's telling all these to her," Chen murmured.

"A date!" Xyke exclaimed. "My boy finally dated, huh? Oh you're growing so fast! I'm happy and sad at the same time." She then turned to Luhan who was looking down and playing with his fingers. "What about Luhannie? What do you like about my youngest? He is good looking, isn't he? He's the exact copy of his father."

"I'm not," Sehum mumbled before looking at Luhan and waited for his answer.

[Tao] Wh-what?!

[Suho] Mother, Luhannie isn't Sehun's---

[Chen] You are getting the wrong idea, Mother.

[Chanyeol] Mother, please listen for a moment. I will explain the whole situation...

[Kris] This is getting worse by the second.

[Baekhyun] *sobbing sobbing sobbing* I can't take this. I can't take this anymore!

[D.O] *evil intentions

[Xiumin] *trying to talk while chewing his bubblegum* Luhannie is not with that kid, Mother.

[Lay] I slept with Luhannie.

Kris immediately hit Lay and silenced him.

"Quiet!" Xyke ordered. "I am asking for Luhannie's answer. Stop interrupting."

Luhan started to panic and was trying to get help from the rest. But they were all preoccupied with their own sentiments. When Xyke drew nearer to him, he jerked and gulped before speaking, "I-uhm.. I.."

"Luhan is not with Sehun," uttered Kai blatantly. 

The cupids nodded and asserted as they spoke all at once.

Xyke glanced at them and turned to Sehun for answers. 

[Sehun] I'm still waiting for Luhannie's answer. But I really love him and I vowed to be with him no matter what.

[Tao] That's not gonna happen, brat.

[Suho] No no no no no.

[Chen] *sighed

[Chanyeol] *sighed even more

[Baekhyun] No way!

[D.O] Nope.

[Xiumin] *shook his head violently

[Lay] Luhannie already slept with--

[Kris] *hits Lay's head*  Not that again.

[Kai] ......

Xyke put her arms across her chest and snorted, "Do you mind explaining to me the situation here, Chanyeol?"

"That's what I was trying to do the entire time, Mother," Chanyeol responded with a distressed tone. "You got the wrong idea. Luhan and Sehun are not together. They dated once but that doesn't mean they're lovers."

Xyke frowned, "I see. But why are the rest acting like they're all against it?"

"That's----" Chanyeol glanced at Chen for assistance.

[Tao] Because I like Lulu, too!

[Baekhyun] Luhannie's my baby!

[D.O] I like Luhan.

[Xiumin] ......... Me too!

[Suho] I like him even more.

[Kris] Here we go.

[Lay] I want to be with Luhannie.

[Chen] I ---*sighed* I like Luhan, too. 

Chanyeol turned to him, "Chen!

He didn't expect Chen to reveal it at that point. Just when he thought someone would back him up, there goes Chen confessing randomly. Luhan looked at the singing cupid with a stunned, almost devastated expression.

[Chen] Just being real. How about that, brother.

[Chanyeol] Why you---! *snorted 

Kai motioned towards Luhan and held his hand, "I am in love with him."

No one bothered to react to the grumpy cupid's confession except for the youngest one. Sehun fastened his grip on Luhan's other hand as he leered at Kai.

Xyke fell silent. She sported a calm and sophisticated look while observing her son's faces for a while. They seemed earnest enough to play tricks. She knew they were being serious. 

Chanyeol gulped, "I'm sorry..."

Xyke turned to him with doubtful expression. Seeing Chanyeol so distressed means a lot so she asked further to figure out things."You're hiding something, Channie. Tell me what's bothering you."

[Chanyeol] The mission...It's not what we expected...I'm --sorry...

[Xyke] I appreciate your regard to apologize. But as your father always says, you can't control what's bound to happen. Though I have to admit, I was scared for a moment when I realized all of you set your eyes on one person.

They remained silent as the woman continued.

"But isn't this fun! My sons will be competing for one special person! I am excited to see how this goes." She then chuckled out of the blue like it's a laughing matter.

"What-the...What is wrong with her?" muttered Tao, dumbfounded.

"I didn't expect that," Suho added.

Chen and Chanyeol looked at each other with bewildered expressions while Baekhyun frowned at his mother's action. D.O shut his eyes and sighed before turning around to see Lay smiling like a mischievous kid in the corner. 

Kris raised his eyebrows and looked away.

Even Kai was surprised at how his mother reacted to their "complicated" situation. Luhan moved their hands to catch the cupid's attention. Kai turned to him and mumbled, "Don't ask me. I'm confused as well. I thought she's gonna cry or something..."

"Luhannie," Sehun cupped Luhan's face. "Don't worry. Mother seemed to understand the situation. You don't have to hesitate in "choosing me."

"Great," Kai murmured sarcastically as he pulled Luhan closer to him while Sehun intensified his hold. 

Tao approached the youngest cupid and hit his chin, "What are you talking about, child? He can't choose you."

Baekhyun followed and grabbed Luhan's shoulder, "Let Luhannie go. The two of you--" He then remembered what Kai did. He glared at his brother and almost kicked him until D.O shoved them all away and pulled Luhan to the side.

Lay finally stood up from the floor and joined. He drew closer to Luhan and was brave enough to give him a kiss until Chen tugged him away. 

Kris walked towards his mother while observing his brothers. Xyke smiled as she spoke, "Look at them."

[Kris] I know. I have been dealing with this since the day we met Luhan.

Xyke stared at Kris for a while before she continued, "What about you, dear? Do you like Luhannie, too?"

"Yes," Kris was fast to answer. " I like him as a person. But I don't think it's the same with Hye-Jin." He smiled dryly. Xyke's motherly instinct arose and she immediately rubbed Kris' back to comfort him. "We still need to talk about that when you return home. I know I need to do a lot of explaining after what happened."

Kris just nodded in response.

"But for now," Xyke immediately changed the topic. She glanced back at the mess created by her sons and spoke loudly to call their attention, "I want to make sure Luhannie will be respected. I'm pretty sure that you have been doing unnecessary things to him, knowing how mischievous guys you are. I am telling you. You're not off with this. I am going to make sure you know your boundaries."

She thumbed through her hair and snorted, "This is exhausting really. I'm not used to the Earth's weather so I might as well go home now. After all, I already found out what's keeping my boys busy. Found something to look forward to. You take care, Luhannie. I hope to see you soon!" She winked at them as a tease before vanishing. 

 

"She just wanted to spy on us," Tao muttered. "She still gets playful despite her age. That woman."

"I heard that, Tao."

They all bolted and looked around upon hearing Xyke's voice only to see no one. Tao slowly turned around and hid behind Chen.

"Tao, your words," Chanyeol warned him. He then sighed loudly, releasing all the discomfort he was feeling. When Chanyeol took a glimpse of Luhan, he saw the latter staring at Kai. His brother, too, was looking at Luhan and they seemed to be talking through their eyes. He felt like his heart sunk at that moment but he decided to play it off and act normal. Chen was eyeballing him secretly and noticed Luhan and Kai's subtle interaction. 

"It has come to this, huh," Chen murmured before he arched his head up, closed his eyes and exhaled. 


Later that night, Luhan decided to read a book to distract himself. His thoughts about meeting Xyke and Chen's confession disturbed his system and he couldn't sleep.

He sighed every time he turns a page, not really sure if he's really reading or just skimming through the words.

He wanted to talk to someone. He wanted to talk to Kai but he's sure the latter was dragged home by the rest. 

He felt rather lonely thinking about it so he decided to go to bed and snuggle inside the blanket. 

Luhan sighed, "A lot of things happened. This is like a never-ending roller coaster ride."

He turned around and faced the wall as he murmured, "How can I possibly tell them that --" He stopped and scratched his head violently. "Ahhhh!!!! This is getting out of hand! What to do?!!!"

......

After a while, Luhan's bothered thoughts and  confused feeling started to subside and he felt sleepiness. He yawned and closed his eyes to give in to sleep until he heard someone opening the window. He felt scared all of a sudden and was afraid to see who's coming inside. He realized that he forgot to lock in the window pane, He could sense a presence drawing nearer to the bed. When the figure sat beside him, he held his breath.

"It must be one of them," he thought. 

Luhan then felt a hand ruffling his hair gently. 

"It is one of them," he concluded. He clenched his fists and fought the urge to look back. He couldn't afford to deal with one of them at that time of the night. Though he wanted to think that it was Kai, something's off.  

He suddenly felt a cold rush creeping down his spine. 


Author's note:

Poor Lulu. Chaos all day, every day. -.-

Who do you think is the person in Luhan's room? (or who do you want it to be? ^_~)

Feel free to leave your comments and SUGGESTIONS below.

Thanks for reading.

P.S HBD, Sehuniiiiiiiiiii! ^^