Winter Wonderland Ep. 2

Stupid CUPID!

Featured Song: Winter Love by BoA


"They're not here..." Luhan murmured as he surveyed the room. He got out of bed and went directly to the window. It was snowing. He opened the window to let the chilly wind in. When it brushed through his face, he realized it was too much for him so he hurriedly pulled down the window pane.

"It's really cold today," he muttered while gathering his clothes. He paced across the room and sat back on his bed. "I wonder where they are. I hope nothing bad happened up there." 

He glanced at the clock. It was 8:17 in the morning.  

"I guess they'll come later today..."


Luhan watched the flakes of silver and white fall leisurely from the sky as he entered the university. The white coating covered the school grounds and it reminded him of the scenario yesterday; him and the cupids strolling in the streets to find Xiumin's birthday gift.

He was wearing his long and thick winter coat to spare him from the cold. The students around him were having a blast with their own winter fashion, especially the ladies who enjoy bragging about their new boots and stockings. Most were excited about winter and everything but some guys were in a bad mood that morning, Luhan realized. One of his classmates in ARTS II was dragging his feet to go to the library. The crisp winter air bothers him a lot. For Luhan, he surely enjoys snow and winter. But he couldn't deny that it also makes him a little lazier. He just wanted to snuggle on his bed and sleep all day if he could.

"A hot choco would be great," he murmured while walking carelessly at the hallway. He was in deep thoughts and didn't notice the slippery floor. He lost his balance and fell on the ground. "Ahhh... so clumsy." He clenched his teeth in pain while his . Good thing, no one saw his embarrassing moment. He immediately stood up and continued walking until he heard someone singing in one of the rooms nearby.

[Winter love playing in the background]

Curious to whom that beautiful voice belongs, Luhan approached one room and peeked through the door. His eyes caught Emi passionately singing a song. Luhan's eyes shifted to the other side of the room to find that the latter was alone. "Chen isn't here. But she sure has an amazing voice as he said," Luhan thought.

Emi continued singingg while Luhan watched her for a while. When the latter decided to leave for he was obviously late for class, he slowly closed the door. But then, he saw a deadly stare fixed on him. It was Ren, looking at him across the hallway and caught him peeking through the music room. The door was shut abruptly, creating a loud sound. 

Emi stopped. Luhan could hear her approach the door in a hurry. She probably realized that someone was watching her secretly. 

"What are you peeping there, coward?!" Ren started. He motioned towards him.

It was cold but the big bully's head seemed to be stuck in summer. Luhan already expected a heated arguement, when the door opened. The latter turned around and saw Emi's stunned face. They were looking at each other, both surprised. Even the bully Ren got chills when he realized Emi's presence, though the girl didn't notice him.

[Luhan] ..............

[Emi] ...................

[Ren] *slowly walked backwards, away from them*

But then, he stopped. He suddenly looked back at them with eyes wide opened. He could clearly see Emi's awkward expression; her lips pursed while she was looking away. Her cheeks were tinted with red and she gulped deliberately as she was forced to acknowledge Luhan. On the other hand, Luhan was  waiting for her to speak and break the silence between them. 

"Don't tell me..." Ren muttered with a frown. But then, he took his idea back and shrugged. "It can't be. Emi would never-- does she?" 

 

Luhan felt the brewing storm with Ren and Emi's presence in one place and so he decided to clear his throat and said, "You have a beautiful face."

Emi jerked at his words.

"Chen always say a lot of good things about you," Luhan smiled shortly before he uttered his purpose to leave. "I'll go ahead...uhm..I-I still have my class. B-bye.."

"Hey.." Emi called out faintly and Luhan halted. "I- what to say now?. This is stupid, Emi. Say something, he's waiting! - Well.., that's so nice of Chen. I am happy to hear that. He also has a lovely voice for a guy. He sings like a pro and it's really admiring."

She was trying not to sound so fascinated by the compliment but she was really pleased to hear Luhan say it.

"You're welcome," Luhan answered back. "It seems that you and Chen admire each other a lot."

"Eh?!" Emi blurted out. "Ah-- Oh. I see," she then laughed awkwardly.

Sensing her shy response, Luhan assumed ahead. He smiled along while staring at Emi. The latter noticed his suggestive expression and understood quickly what was in his mind. Probably.

"Chen is a good friend," Emi uttered in defense. "I look up at him like a brother."

Luhan didn't answer. He just gave her one final beam before excusing himself, leaving her in strain. While he was walking away, her eyes followed Luhan until he entered his room. Emi sighed and pouted, "That went...wrong. Now, he might be thinking that I am into Chen." She murmured, without noticing Ren behind her.

"She--likes him..., Emi likes him." 


Lunch time~

Luhan glanced at his wrist watch and huffed. "Are they coming? I thought they said they will. I'm pretty sure he also told he he'd see me.." he murmured while playing with the fork. He was leisurely eating his lunch at the cafeteria. Some girls were eyeing him in the corner but Luhan missed that fact. He was thinking whether they will come to join him.

***

[Kai] *sulk sulk sulk 

[Tao] *frowns 

[Baekhyun] *teary-eyed

[D.O] -.-

[Lay] zZZZ

[Chen] *sighed

[Sehun] *curses curses curses

[Suho] *bored

Chanyeol observed his brothers deal with annoyance and lack of interest during the festivity for Xiumin's birthday in the castle. The latter was seated in front, together with his parents while the rest sulk in the corner table.

[Tao] Lulu... I wonder how he is...

[Baekhyun] My baby. He must be worried that I didn't come to see him. *sobs

[D.O] I hope his class report went well.

[Lay] zZZZZ

[Chen] Luhannie must be weary. I should have remembered the fact that we can't go to see him today so he won't worry. Tsk. I failed big time there.

[Sehun] *pissed face* I -have-to-see-him-NOW--"

[Suho] *kicked him* I want to see him, too but you don't need to scream.

[Kris] *watched them quietly while drinking his wine*

He then turned to see Kai all grumpy and frustrated.

"I miss him...so badly," the grumpy cupid murmured while playing with the fork. "I didn't keep my words again....I'm sorry, Luhan."

 

***

Luhan sighed before getting up. It was his last class and he wanted to go home as soon as possible, hoping that they were in his room, lazily waiting for him. As he walked out of the university, the snow stopped. He looked around to see the group of students happily strolling. Some students couldn't help but play with snowballs despite their age. It made Luhan's heart sunk a little bit inside. He was envious for obvious reasons.

Later that afternoon, Luhan found himself under the blanket and trying to warm himself by cuddling the pillows. He was feeling rather sick after an entire day outside in cold weather. He was sneezing non-stop.

"Ahhh this is bad," he muttered. "I can't be sick right now. I have a lot of things to work on--Ahhchooo!"

Luhan turned around to wipe his nose. He remembered Chanyeol's burdensome experience with the cold. He then sighed when he realized that he's alone and the cupids were not coming today.

"And you promised me that you'd come..." Luhan thought before he huffed and covered his head with the blanket.

***

"A-chooooooooo!!!!"

Kai immediately rubbed his nose. His brothers turned to him in surprise at the loud noise. The festivity continued while they remained uninterested, except for Chanyeol of course. But somehow, he, too, started to feel uneasy. He surely missed Luhan the same as his brothers. When Kai sneezed loudly, he got distracted and quickly asked.

"What's wrong? Are you feeling sick?"

"I don't know," Kai replied. 

"You probably got a flu from the snow yesterday," Chen added. "Though it's very unusual for you to catch a cold."

Kai sneezed one more time before he decided to leave the hall. He was in a hurry and Xyke caught him sneaking out. Instead of stopping him, she sighed and smiled amusingly. The cupid went directly to his room and planned to take a nap. He laid on the bed, contemplating.

"He's mad for sure," he murmured. "I wish I can do something about this. I don't really mind the cold,..I-I just want to see him..."

He sighed heavily as he turned to the other side of the bed. His mind suddenly reached the memory lane and he remembered the time when he slept right next to Luhan in the latter's old room. It was a test of self-control and luckily for him, counting sheep eased up his tension. But he actually didn't sleep. How could he? Luhan was beside him, sleeping innocently. His beautiful golden locks adorn his angelic features. His petite body snuggled up under the covers, exudes a relaxing warmth between the two of them. Kai could only shut his eyes and stopped himself from furthering. 

"Tsk. What the hell am I thinking?" he scoffed. He sighed again and wrapped the blanket around his body before covering his face with a pillow. "How I wish I could be with him right now."

His eyelids fell heavy and afterwards, he fell a sleep.

It was a short nap and after a while, when he decided to wake up and move, he bumped his body into something sturdy. 

"What was that?" he muttered with a sleepy voice. 

"hmnn..."

Kai threw away the pillow he's holding and sat up abruptly at the sound. His eyes grew bigger at the sight. Someone was sleeping right next to him. He gulped and almost fell out of bed when he realized who it was.

"L-lu..han...?!"

He leaned closer to see and confirmed that indeed, it was Luhan.

"How--come....?!!!!"


Author's note: Hello hello hello! Yes, I know. I haven't updated in a while. My apologies. But I decided to finish this (short) chapter today since it's LULU'S birthday! YayI can't believe he's 25 though. xD 

Anyways, let's just hope for the best in his HEALTH and CAREER. :)

P.S LayHan still in contact! I died a lil inside. The feels meeeeennn~

 

Feel free to leave your comments below.

Thanks for reading. 

***HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dear Luhan! xoxo :))