Chasing Rainbows: Sehun's Episode

Stupid CUPID!

                                        

Featured song:  Only One by BoA


 

Luhan can feel his body being lifted up slowly. He tilted his head to see someone burying his head on his shoulder; arms wrapped around his chest. He moved his feet rapidly but he cannot feel anything. When his eyes gazed below, he saw the frozen mob; Mei Lin included. Her hand was reaching out to where he was standing not long ago. 

"What's-- going on?" he murmured. "What..who are you?"

When the man elevated his head, Luhan's jaw dropped, struck dumb; his eyes on stalks as he watched Sehun's lips made its way to his cheek, pressing it gently. His blood ran cold and he wasn't able to move momentarily. He felt a gush of wind across his nape that made him waver away from the unforeseen contact. He accidentally looked down and felt nauseous, knowing that they were up above, in level with some school buildings. He tried to control his body not to drift away from Sehun, fully aware that he might fall if he do so. His body was used avoiding the latter, but now he has no choice but to cling to him.

"Sehun?" he mumbled. "What--are you doing? Why do you look like that? What is--going on?" 

He didn't reply. He remained quiet, staring at Luhan, his face a picture of somber. Luhan turned away and searched frantically everywhere, when he glanced at someone, standing still on the rooftop. 

"K-Kai?"

Kai was watching the two in the air with darting eyes. When Sehun saw him, he held Luhan tightly; clearly hinting possessiveness to Kai, who, on the other hand, ignored his provoking. The grumpy cupid fixed his eyes wanly on Luhan, who was silently asking help from him. He can see Luhan's anxious expression mixed with confusion. He wanted to reach out and pull Luhan near him; to shelter him in his arms and to take away his fear. But his body won't move; his shoulders felt heavy and his eyes were misted with hurt. He just stood there while the cold wind continued to torture him. Too much was happening and he can't get his head on the right track.

 

"WHAT IS THIS?!" Chanyeol stormed back at the cupids, glowering. 

Tao avoided his eye contact. The rest were down in the dumps especially Baekhyun. He may look calm on the outside but his head was already spinning.Chanyeol looked up and realized the situation. As much as he wanted to get them, he can't. He doesn't fly and it's impossible to ask Sehun to come down without force, not to mention that he was using his ability to control the wind without limit. In addition to his distress, he knew that the youngest cupid's transformation doesn't end merely with his physical change. 

"Kris, can you do it?" inquired Chanyeol, referring to the latter's flying ability.

Kris thought for a while before he answered, "Sehun is controlling the wind."

Chanyeol sighed. He rubbed his forehead rapidly while thinking. "What shall we do then?"

"What about Kai?" Chen suggested. 

Chanyeol turned to him and nodded.

 

"Sehun," Luhan muttered. "Where are you taking me? We need to go back." 

"Somewhere...." the other replied faintly. "Just want to be with you, Luhan."

Luhan? Did I hear him right? I can't remember the time he called me that.

"Pl-please... we have to go back," Luhan insisted. "I-I'm afraid of-- heights. If I fall.." 

Sehun tugged him firmly and replied, "Don't worry. I won't let go."

They both landed in Luhan's room only to see Kai, Kris and Lay already inside, anticipating them. 

 

Back at the university, Chanyeol ordered Tao and he started time again. Mei Lin blinked twice to see Luhan disappeared. She looked around her to see Chanyeol approaching, "Hey. Mei Lin."

"Where's Luhan?" she asked.  "He was here...how..."

Chanyeol smiled, "I'm sorry but he had to go. There's an emergency... somewhere. As much as he would love to dance with you, he can't."

She looked puzzled, but then decided to nod and replied, "That's unfortunate...." Chanyeol stared at his saddened expression. 

"Is he okay?" she asked further.

Chanyeol assured her, "He is fine. Don't worry."

Mei Lin nodded shyly, "Alright. I shall return to my friends then. Tell Luhan it was nice to see him tonight." When she left, Chanyeol turned to his brothers and they immediately went after Luhan.

 

Sehun was still holding Luhan from behind and they were leaning against the window pane, with nowhere else to go since Kris and Lay barricaded their way across the room. The oblivious Luhan was hitting Sehun's stomach with his elbow to get away from their awkward position. He wasn't feeling right especially that Kai, who was standing across where they were, wasn't moving at all. He just stared right back at Luhan silently. Kris and Lay, too, were looking serious. 

"Let him go, Sehun," Kris uttered in a threatening way. "NOW."

Sehun didn't say a word. His eyes were narrow and cold; showing resistance. Lay glanced at Kai and waited for him to do what he needs to do. The latter vanished at once and stole Luhan from Sehun's arm before he went back to where he came from. Lay then found the opportunity to tap Sehun's chest and the youngest one lost consciousness. Kris caught him on time. 

"Wha- what was that?" asked Luhan. 

"We will explain later. For the meantime, let Sehun rest for a while," Kris answered. He lay Sehun on the bed and waited for Chanyeol and the rest to come.

"Are you alright?" Kai whispered to Luhan. He turned to face him and nodded. Kai then let go of him and looked away.

Chanyeol peeked from the window and went through. He immediately approached Luhan. "Luhannie, are you okay?" 

Luhan nodded.

"Good," Chanyeol sighed. He then turned to the unconscious Sehun. "How is he?" he asked Kris. 

"Fine. I think," Kris replied.

Luhan pulled Chanyeol's sleeve, "Would you mind explaining what happened?"

Chanyeol turned to the demented Luhan and nodded. He started; "What happened to Sehun was a transformation, Luhannie. Did you see how his hair color changed?"

[Luhan] Yes.

"That happened because of the unwanted feelings he had during the after party: jealousy, possessiveness, anger. By now, I think you know that he likes you very much. Those are some powerful humanly emotions that a cupid shouldn't consume. Yes, we fight, we bicker, we tease each other. It's normal in our case. However, in Sehun's case, it wasn't natural. He took it to a dangerous level that he himself wasn't able to control. He might turn into an ordinary human if he let jealousy and anger delve into his heart. He's not worthy to be called a cupid if he feels a "strong" desire to take something that is not his. For extreme cases. he will be exiled in our planet in his third transformation. He won't remember us and we don't want that to happen. He is still our brother no matter what," Chanyeol explained.

"We are cupids and we are also capable of falling in love. The thing is, we have no right to take fate in our hands, or it will backfire and hurt the person we love the most," Chen added. "Love isn't always what we want it to be and we have to accept it. The irony of being a cupid."

"Then how do you know if the person loves you back?" asked Luhan who was still trying to understand every word the cupids were saying.

Out of nowhere, Suho appeared and added, "There won't be a third transformation."

They all fell silent for a while until Sehun groaned. He was on the verge of waking up. They turned to him and saw his rainbow-hair back.

"Ahh..." he sat up promptly and looked at his brothers. He then saw Luhan at the side, looking wearily.

"Do you remember what happened, Sehun?" asked Chanyeol. 

"Hmhm... somehow..," he replied in a low voice. "I remember flying... with Luhannie." He was looking dire which made the rest more upset. 

"And then?" Suho inquired further. 

Sehun scratched his head and thought. He glanced at Luhan and slowly grinned, "And then I kissed him!"

Chanyeol faced-palmed himself while Kris rolled out his eyes. Tao sighed and leaned his head against the door. Kai exhaled deeply. The air isn't hurting him anymore. He felt relieved. Baekhyun squeezed his eyes and snorted while D.O's tensed shoulders dropped. 

"He's back," Chen stated.

Xiumin and Lay clapped their hands like innocent and gladdened brothers. 

"Wait what?!" Chanyeol exclaimed. "You kissed Luhannie?"

"Again?!" Tao added, he was starting to grit his teeth.

Sehun just laughed while Luhan's face was flushed with red. 

"Ahhh don't do that, Sehun. You should respect Luhannie," uttered Chen.

"That's right. Luhannie will run away from you if you do that again," added Lay.

They blabbed all at once and Luhan found the opportunity to escape from his room. He went out of the door quietly when someone pulled his shirt. He froze and slowly turned his head back to see Baekhyun.

"Where are you going, Luhannie?"Baekhyun went to Luhan and surveyed his face.

.[Luhan] .....

[Baekhyun] ...........

[Luhan] ....?

[Baekhyun] ......???

Luhan was about to say he's fine when the other embraced him. 

[Luhan] Wha-eh? What?!

[Baekhyun] I was so worried...

Kai caught them at the side of his eyes. He frowned, shuddered a little and pressed his chest tightly. His charcoal black eyes were turning into a sharp metallic hue by the second: dispassionate bullets. He shut it forcibly and he faded out.

Baekhyun faced Luhan and chuckled, "I'm sorry. Did I scare you?"

Luhan smiled awkwardly, "Uh--yes. But it's okay. Sorry for worrying you."

"Ah," he messed Luhan's hair. "No. It wasn't your fault."

They stayed there for a moment; Luhan was looking away and was waiting for him to end the conversation while Baekhyun just stared at him, amused at Luhan's bashful expression.

"Luhannie," he called out faintly. 

Luhan's stare shifted from the floor to Baekhyun, "What is it?"

"Do you like me?" Baekhyun dropped it like nothing while Luhan caught the question like a boomerang. The latter blinked rapidly before his eyes bulged steadily, "Hah?!"

"Because I like you," Baekhyun wreathed in smiles as he lifted his camera and clicked it.  "A little too much."


Author's note: More revelations coming up. Anyways, I think you can already guess who will be the main cupid on the next chapter. :)

Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions below.

Thanks for reading.