Stupid Cupid! Special

Stupid CUPID!

Author's note: Before you get started in reading this special episode, I would like to thank all of who read, commented and suggested below on  what they want to happen in this chapter. I did my best to incorporate your ideas to mine so I hope I won't disappoint you. ^^ Enjoy!


"Off we go!" exclaimed the overly excited Baekhyun as he popped out of the convertible in Suho's jam-packed car. He was dramatically feeling the wind and imagining himself as some kind of a Kpop star in an adventure-themed music video.

Chanyeol sighed and tried to pull him to sit down but he's unstoppable.

"Don't be such a bum, Channie," he asserted. "We should be having fun today since it's Luhannie's birthday!"

[Suho] *hisses while driving We know that. But you're overreacting and it's embarrassing. Sit down!

[Kris] *tugging Baekhyun's pants, forcing him to sit down with Chanyeol

[DO] *silently curses

[Xiumin] ..... *chews  bubble gum and ignores them

[Chen] *hums his favorite song, zooming out from the chaos

[Tao] *observes quietly

[Lay] *snoring, what do you expect?

When Baekhyun screamed once more to express his feverishness, Sehun had it done. "Enough, you," he grumbled before flicking his fingers and soon enough, Baekhyun shut his eyes,  flapping his hands sloppily to maintain his balance while the blustery wind whipped his face. Two people seated on the far end of the back seat were both cracking up at the scene. Luhan turned to the Kai and hid his face in too much laughter. 

It was a pleasant Saturday morning of April and they were on their way to Luhan's hometown to celebrate the latter's birthday over the weekend.  After the happenings during the holidays, the cupids got to meet Luhan's family members. Despite the confusion and a little probing, they were welcomed warmly by Luhan's mother and grandma. Sojun was of course very pleased to meet more "brothers".

"Hey, I think we forgot something," stated Chanyeol as he searched for the box of cake they bought for Luhan. He looked around and caught Xiumin's guilty face; head stooping down with his sour smile in plain sight.

"Xiuuuuuummmmmmminnnnn?" Chanyeol began, controlling his outburst.

"Yesssssss??"

"You did something aweful, didn't you?"

The other cupids sighed simultaneously, totally getting what was happening while the lovebirds behind watched nervously as Chanyeol's nose flared in anger. Not wanting Xiumin to get reprimanded, Luhan declared kindly, "It's fine. Don't worry about the cake. We can make another one at home. It'll be more fun."

"But we bough it especially for you, Luhannie. It's your favorite flavor, design and everything you like," insisted the disappointed Chanyeol who was now slowly reaching out to knock Xiumin's head. "Now you come here, greedy one!"

"I'm sorry! I was starving so I couldn't help myself," apologized Xiumin while covering his head in fear of Chanyeol's golden fist. "And you don't treat your older brother like tha--"

Whack!

The gluttonous cupid wobbled his head in pain as he counted the stars roaming around his head. 

"Don't do that again," warned Chanyeol before he got back to his seat and sulked. While the rest sustained their laughtes after seeing the squabble of the two eldest, Luhan checked on Xiumin. After making sure the eldest cupid was fine, he relaxed and turned to Kai who was in deep thoughts, "What's the matter?" Absent-minded, Kai missed to hear Luhan's question; his eyes wandered aimlessly on the streets.

"Present, present. This is the first time I will celebrate Luhan's birthday. It should be perfect. I hope everything will go as planned."

Luhan's curiosity heightened and he quickly leaned closer to Kai, just in time when the latter turned aside to face him. 

[Luhan] !O.O 

[Kai] O.O! 

"What-are-you..thi-thinking?" Luhan stuttered, not really sure what to do in their awkward, about-to-kiss position. He was slowly moving his head away. The cupid, on the other hand, held Luhan's hand and squeezed it before he draw to peck on Luhan's displayed lips. The car suddenly halted and the cupids rocked back and forth on their seats. Suho's eyes almost jumped out in disbelief when he caught Kai kissing Luhan in the rear mirror. Because of the impact, the kiss furthered even more. Kai was now literally chest to chest with Luhan at the open car. "What's wrong, Suho?!" Chanyeol probed with a nervous tone. He glanced at the others to make sure they're fine. "Sorry!" Suho bellowed. "It's just---"

[Chen] It's just what?

One loud snort from Suho before he replied, "I just saw something. Nevermind. I'm sorry. Let's get going."

"Is that so?" Chen then seized in asking though he tilted his head to the side to see Luhan and Kai. He grinned; assuming the two did something behind their backs.Luhan sighed in relief while Kai just acted like nothing happened. He met Suho's gaze by the rear view and gave him a wink. The older cupid shook his head to toss the thought and did his best to focus on the road. It took them two hours to reach Luhan's hometown and a few more minutes before they arrived at the latter's house. At the doorway, Luhan's mother was waving her hands to welcome them. Sojun was beside her with a big smile on his face. One by one, they went out of the car and greeted the woman. 

"Good to see you again, boys," she said while giving them a hug. 

"Hi there, Sojun!" greeted Kai. He immediately carried the kid on his back who happily clung to him. 

"That kid. He missed you so much, Kai-sshi," Luhan's mother revealed. "He wanted to play with you again in the park."

"Oh really? I missed you, too, little one. Let's play later with the rest, okay?" suggested Kai. The kid nodded at once in approval. Sehun approached them and tried to play with Sojun but for whatever reason, the latter won't come to him. 

"Don't you like me, Sojun? I can play with you, too," the youngest cupid began. He then leaned closer to his ear and whispered, "And I can make you fly." However, instead of getting all hyped-up, Sojun grabbed his rainbow-hair and messed it vigorously. Poor Sehun wheezed and ran towards Luhan who quickly ease his pain by rubbing his head gently. "That's not nice, Sojun," Luhan remarked. "No one taught you to be disrespectful and violent."

Sojun curled his lips downward, on the verge of crying while pointing to Tao, "But brother told me to do it so I can see rainbow in the sky." They all turned to Tao who was slowly turning around, whistling, as if he's done nothing. Sehun grimaced and showed him a fist before he turned to Luhan and sobbed while hugging him heedlessly. This made the rest uncomfortable especially when they noticed Kai's narrow eyes, raking at Sehun from head to toe. 

"Uhm...Sehun?" Luhan gently pushed him away. "I'm sorry about that. Let's go inside and get an ice pack."

With teary eyes and pouty lips, Sehun nodded obediently. 

"Wait," Chanyeol uttered. "I think we forgot something."

"What is it again?" inquired the impatient Kris who was in a hurry to get inside the house.

Chanyeol looked back in the car and sighed at once, "Wake him up." He pointed at the sleeping cupid who was drooling; head dangling on the car seat.

"Ahhh...he never changes," murmured Chen while shaking his head. Luhan could only be amuse at how they bully judge each other.

After they prepared for an early lunch with Luhan's mother, the cupids enjoyed the tasty meal. They also baked a birthday cake afterwards and shared it with everyone. Xiumin, of course, was reprimanded to have a taste. He was left in the corner; his towering neck stretched like that of a giraffe and observing his brothers munch it. Early in the afternoon, they decided to roam around the neighborhood with Sojun. They also played in the park like what the little one requested. Luhan was all busy entertaining everyone and Kai couldn't get a chance to have a time with him. He sat on the swing and pondered. 

"If I will use my teleportation power--" he paused abruptly when he remembered about the powers. Right. He has a big decision to make ahead of him. Well not really a difficult one to make coz he's sure about he's feelings towards Luhan. Yet, giving up himself as a cupid and letting go of his own status in EXO planet is quite a big step to make. "If father will seal our love, then I can turn into an ordinary human. I can be with Luhan for always. This is what I want. I shouldn't worry about it."

"You have been in deep thoughts for a while now," stated Luhan who joined him who got a chance to join him after Chen took care of the rest. "What's wrong?"

Kai stood up, smiled and tugged him for a hug before he answered, "I was actually thinking of ways for us to get out of their sight. You have been spending most your time with them and I already missed you."

Luhan immediately blushed and pursed his lips to hide it. 

The cupid then continued, "I have something to talk to you. But that can wait. I don't want to sound so selfish by not letting you enjoy the rest of the day with them. Come on. Let's play with Sojun now."

"Are you sure you will be alright, Kai?"

"Yes. As long as I keep my eyes on you, I'm good," replied Kai, winking.

~Later that evening, after the cupids had dinner with Luhan's family, they lounge in Sojun's room and explore. Tao and Sehun were already bickering because of a toy they each want for themselves while Kris helped Sojun make paper cranes.

"Is it ready?" inquired Kai nervously. Chanyeol and Chen looked at each other and nodded. They were outside Luhan's house and secretly  talking about Kai's birthday surprise for the former. "When are you going to leave by the way? You'll go back home for now, right? Tell me you are. I don't want any interruption. I know you understand."

"Of course we do," Chen replied assuring. "We'll make sure you and Luhan can have your own time together. Kris was watching over Baekhyun, Tao and Sehun and make sure they won't do anything to get in the way."

"Thanks. I owe you," said Kai in relief. He then turned to Chanyeol who nodded in support.

"Where are we going?!" asked Sehun who was being dragged by Kris out of the house. "I thought we're going to spend the night here!"

"Yeah, where are you taking us?" Tao seconded.

"You are such a bummer, Kris!" yelled the disappointed Baekhyun.

"We're going home now," answered Kris with a commanding voice. 

"But that's not right!" Tao insisted while struggling to escape from Kris' grip. He and Sehun were like dying fishes while the rest of their brothers slowly understood what about to go down. 

[Kris] No buts.

[Chen] You'll understand soon.

[Chanyeol] Do you want me to whack your heads one by one?

Like a blown candle, their insistent minds subsided upon hearing Chanyeol's threat. Luhan was watching them by the doorway, confused himself. When he turned to Kai to ask, the latter just shrugged. After a few more squabbles and head-hitting scenarios, the older cupids finally seized and successfully brought with them their pissed little brothers. Instead of flying, they have to get into Suho's car first so not to be suspicious. Luhan's mother sent them off with a warm smile. She then turned to Luhan who was having a serious talk with Kai who asked to stay with the birthday boy. Intrigued, she passed by them in a slow walking pace to catch up what they're conversation was about. To her surprise, Kai called and told her that he and Luhan plan to take a walk along the shore, a few blocks away from the residence. 

"A walk you say?" she began in doubt. "But it's already evening. Will the two of you be okay?"

Kai assured her and sensing his sincerity, she glanced at Luhan and smiled, "If that's what you want, you two. Just be careful, alright?"

They both nodded and went off. Luhan's mother watched them as they go while leaning comfortably on the door with her arms-crossed. "Those two," she thought with a knowing smile. "How more obvious can you get?"


"This is...." Luhan was so overwhelmed when he set his eyes on the sight prepared by Kai; featuring Chen and Chanyeol, the supportive brothers. Along the shore stood a tent for two. A bonfire was situated near it and there's also a picnic cloth laid on the warm sand. The evening was even perfect with the velvet sky bursting with stars. 

"... my present for you," the thoughtful cupid concluded. "Do you like it?"

"Yes of course. But....camping?" Luhan giggled. "You really surprise me with your silly antics every time. Thank you, Kai. This is so sweet of you." Pleased at how Luhan appreciated it, the cupid took the latter's hand and they motioned towards the tent. Luhan ducked and went inside while Kai carried some drinks with him. 

"So, are we sleeping here tonight?" asked Luhan as he slipped under the warmer. "That's right," answered Kai. He sat beside Luhan with a content feeling. It was a cold night but thanks to Luhan's warmth, everything seems to become better. Yes. As long as he's with Luhan, he's at peace no matter what the circumstance is. With the  flickering light coming the bonfire, the two silently cuddled with each other.

"Luhan."

"Hm?"

"I'm ready," muttered Kai huskily. He held Luhan tightly. "I'm ready to leave everything for you."

"What do you mean?"

.

.

.

"I'm ready to give up being a cupid and become a human for you."

Luhan can feel his hair raising after hearing Kai's words; his genuine intention to be with him. His chest weighed heavy in fulfillment. He was aware of the outcome of Kai's decision. Difficult and compromising. Yet, because he loves Luhan so much, he is more willing to give up all the comfort he has as a cupid; his planet, his family and his powers. "You're all I need. That's how much I love you, Luhan."

Teary-eyed, Luhan arched his head up and planted a kiss on the cupid's lips. Kai brushed his hand across Luhan's neck and nape before he pulled the latter closer to further the kiss.

"Our lips drew comfortable with each other and I never felt so overwhelmed with this kind of feeling. I didn't want to break contact with him and somehow, I know Kai feels the same way. Everything feels right with him. With us together. When I felt my body being laid down gently, I gazed at Kai's misty eyes. It was very comforting just looking at them. Our swollen lips parted slowly and he immediately moved his from my cheeks and to my chin. My vision was smeared with tears  as I stared aimlessly above. Once his kisses rained across my neck, I instantly shut my eyes and contained a moan at the back of my throat. With his entire weight over me, I feel like drowning at the fervor invading our senses. I never thought love could be so beautiful."

"I love you," Kai muttered while cupping Luhan's skin on his chest. His grazed along the latter's collarbones. Luhan wasn't able to restrain it and a shrill sigh came out of his shuddering lips. "I love you..so..much," Luhan reiterated softly. He was struggling to speak with mind turning blank.

"I can feel his hands invading me. All of me. I couldn't help but twist my body. The sensation I was feeling since we started kissing was taking it's toll on me. I love Kai and I need him so much."

Short after, clothes were piled up on the side.

"K-Kai..."

"Breathe," the cupid whispered. He showered wet kisses on Luhan's cheeks while the latter ran his fingers on the cupid's damped hair. "Just...fo--follow..yo-ur..fee-lings ngh..ah..Luhan..."

Luhan nodded, moans continuous flowing from his half-opened mouth. Under the warmer, Kai kissed him even more; holding him tightly and claiming him as his. He grunted as their bodies curled as one. Holding tightly onto the cupid's shoulders, Luhan bit his lips at the intense pain he was feeling while they moved as one.

~

"Luhan..." muttered Kai while nuzzling his face on Luhan's neck. The latter slowly opened his eyes and the dazzling light from the sunrise welcomed him. Kai arched his head up and smiled, "Good morning."

"Hmm...morning," mumbled the sleepy one. Kai immediately kissed his cheek and covered them both with the comforter. He reached out for Luhan's clothes and gave it to him. "I know you are still sleepy but we can't miss the view. Let's go and take a walk."

Luhan nodded while rubbing his eyes. After they put on their clothes, they went out the tent and the cool morning breeze brushed across their faces. Kai held Luhan's hand and they strolled along the shore with nothing but happy thoughts with them. The entire time, Luhan was blushing and trying to control his laughter. For some reason, he can't help but feel extremely giggly. Kai noticed him and asked, "What is it?"

Luhan quickly forced himself to look serious. He cleared his throat and acted normal yet his face was obviously tomato red."Hm-hm," he shook his head. "Nothing."

Kai lifted his eyebrows in a doubting manner and halted. He turned to Luhan who was now chuckling, "Luhan?"

"Yes?!" the latter continued giggling.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing."

"Come on. Don't be stubborn and tell me."

Luhan shook his head.

"Are you having some dirty thoughts inside your head?" Kai furthered teasingly. "Your face is red you know."

"NO!" Luhan was quick to disagree. He finally stopped laughing and exhaled. A pleasant smile came into view. "I am just happy."

"Because of what happened last night?" teased Kai as a revenge. He leaned his face closer to Luhan and whispered while raising his eyebrows briefly, "I am happy, too."

"Ahh you!" Luhan grumbled while hitting his forehead." But really. Thank you for making my birthday extra special, Kai. You make me feel like the luckiest person."

"Everything for you. I can't wait to tell Father about us so he can finally seal our love. And I can be with you, forever."

~

 A few weeks later, Luhan and Kai returned to Seoul with the former's mother and grandma. In school, there were no pretentions between them as they confidently expressed their affection towards each other. They also finally revealed their relationship to Luhan's family. The cupid was fidgeting in the living room while Luhan waited for his mother's answer anxiously. His grandma was sporting a serious face and it added to their distress. When her mother stared at him, Luhan gulped deliberately, almost holding his breath. But then, everything turned better when the two women finally smiled at him. Kai couldn't believe his eyes while Luhan quickly hugged them. 

But the conversation was not yet over. Kai has to tell them exactly what he is, and when he did, they fell into confusion. Luhan helped him explain things better; talking about how they met, his friends who were actually cupids and Kai's brothers and the sealing of love that will make the latter human. 

"Sealing of love?" asked Luhan's mom. "How will that happen? And who will do it if you are supposed to dart the arrow?"

"That's my job."

They all turned around and found a rather stunning man peeking at the window. 

[Kai] Father?!

[Qupid] Yes, yes it's me. Please do something and let me in. I am not really sure how things work on this planet.

The silly father was trying to get in by poking his head between the window pane. Luhan quickly opened the door and led him in. He was staring at Qupid with mystified eyes. Who wouldn't? Despite having 11 children, he looks young and appealing. Luhan's mother was also eyeing Qupid from head to toe with curiosity.

"Pardon my intrusion. I am Qupid, Kai's father. I am from EXO planet and I am here today to meet you," introduced the man formally. Luhan's mother and grandmother just waved at him awkwardly, not sure what they're supposed to do upon meeting the god of love.

"Are we late for the happenings?" Chanyeol suddenly appeared with the rest of his brothers. Luhan's living room was now jam-packed with beings from another planet. 

[Suho] It's nice to see you again.

[Baekhyun] Wow! Everyone is gathered here today!

[Sehun] Hannie! Good to see you. Good to see everyone again!

[Xiumin] Wohoo! I smell party and food.

[DO] Where's mother by the way? Don't tell me you left her.

Qupid instantly grimaced. He did forget about Xyke, of all people. He quickly paced towards the door to get his wife when the latter emerged. 

"You irresponsible man!" 

*WHACK*

Luhan pursed his lips as he imagined how painful it must have been to be smashed on the face. The cupids held their breaths and swallowed hardly while Luhan's mother and grandma embraced each other in fear of the ferocious woman, which happened to be the messenger of love but acts like she comes from hell. "She's scary." Xyke turned to the other women of the household and smiled with embarrassment. "I'm sorry for being loud and...violent. I'm Xyke, their mother." She glanced at Qupid and continued, "And this silly fellow's wife."

"Ah hello," greeted Luhan's mother.

"I think I know why all of you grew up bickering and whacking each other's head," whispered Luhan to Kai who chuckled at his words. Sehun noticed them and joined in. He was being clingy to Luhan and the latter was more happy to treat him like a baby. 

"Will we go to another trip soon, Luhannie? It would be fun to travel around Korea! Please, Hannie?!"

"That's so random," Suho murmured. "You're such a child, Sehun."

"I don't care," retorted the youngest one. He held Luhan by the shoulder but Kai pulled him away. "You behave, kid." Instead of backing away, Sehun pinched Kai's nose playfully and they both started hitting each other like how typical brothers do. Luhan stopped them and pulled Sehun away from Kai, "Stop it, you two." When he turned to Kai to check if he's fine, the cupid boldy leaned forward to kiss him. When their lips met, Luhan's eye grew bigger right away. The others gasped while their jaws dropped at the sight. Feeling that it was the right time, Qupid hurriedly pulled out his bow and arrow. With an endearing smile on his face, he pointed the magic arrow at them to finally seal their love. Xyke held Chanyeol's arm in anticipation. Baekhyun prepared his camera while the rest observed with huge smiles on their faces after the surprise. As he let go, the dart journeyed and passed through both of them. Sparks of gold and silver filled the air.  Kai slowly parted his lips from Luhan and they both smiled lovingly at each other.

~fin~