Honey Trap (continuation)

Stupid CUPID!

 

                                                   

Featured song: YooHoo! - Secret 


"Tell me who you are."

Luhan snorted and smiled in amusement. He pulled Kai''s collar towards him and gave him a rather enticing look; not called for a moment when the cupid was in doubt and annoyance. With raised eyebrow, Kai grabbed his hand and dropped it. 

"Answer me," the cupid emphasized.

"You know who I am," replied Luhan playfully. Despite the pissed face in front of him, he happily poked Kai's lips. 

"Wh- Ahhhh!" Kai sighed and moved away, ruffling his hair. "Don't do that. I will have to--"

"What?" Luhan butted in. "You will have to what, Kai?"

Kai turned to him with a frown. Really? Your taunting just proves you're not Luhan. 

There was a short silence between them, until Luhan turned around to leave. He looked back and uttered, "I still have to spend time with the birthday boy. Don't worry. I'll be back soon. We can talk and spend more time later... together." That last word came out with an inviting tone, it made Kai's eyes grew bigger by the second.

***

"Oh Luhannie! You're finally back!" Xiumin exclaimed. He hurriedly met him and waved goodbye to his mother. Chanyeol was observing Xyke's amused expression and he was convinced that his mom has something to do with Luhan. 

In the castle's huge pantry house, Xiumin led Luhan inside. Shelves full of sweets and goods welcomed him. The foodie cupid headed towards a shelf and reached out a bottle of chocolate. He then gathered three more bottles and placed it on the counter where Luhan waited.

"Here, I'll make you a dessert," said Xiumin happily. While he was making his said dessert, Luhan scanned the room. He checked and found some candy bars. "I'll take one of these, Xiumin."

"Sure! Go ahead."

After a while, Xiumin presented his specialty. Choco-sprinkled cupcake. 

"Try it, Luhannie." He handed one to Luhan and the latter gladly accepted. He took a bite while Xiumin watched him intently.

"So? Is it good?" 

Luhan nodded. He the traces of chocolate on his upper lip and smiled. Xiumin dropped his cupcake all of a sudden. Luhan hurriedly took it and pouted, "Oh! You should be careful, Xiumin. We can't afford to waste this."

Xiumin nodded twice, rigidly. His eyes fixed on Luhan's lips. The latter noticed his gaze and giggled. "Here. Eat it up."

Xiumin opened his mouth while in a daze and munched on the cupcake. 

"Oops. You have some crumbs on your mouth," said Luhan as he drew closer to get the traces. He brushed his thumb across Xiumin's lips and nibbled it afterwards.

"I am about to faint," Xiumin mumbled. "Help. Someone..."

"What were you saying?" asked Luhan. The cupid quickly shook his head. He was obviously thinking some inappropriate as his cheeks reddened. Luhan just laughed it out.

***

Chanyeol was looking outside the window in the dinning hall. Xyke noticed his agitation and approached him. "What's wrong, Channie? Bothered by something?" The cupid sighed and leaned against the glass window, facing his mother with a knowing expression. Xyke smiled, "Luhannie?"

As much as Chanyeol wanted to ask his mother about the fishy situation, the cupid decided to mum about it, not wanting to sound disrespectful to Xyke. "I'll find out about this myself," he thought.

Luhan returned alone in the dinning hall and Chanyeol immediately headed towards him. "I need to talk to you." He looked back to Xyke and asked for her approval. The latter beamed and waved goodbye to them. "You go ahead, dear. Have some fun time with Luhannie."

***

Chanyeol headed towards the castle's main door and Luhan followed wondering. The cupid took steps and when he reached the door, Luhan was already breathing heavily. He tried to catch his breath for a while before asking, "Chanyeol, why are we here? I thought you're going to show me your room?"

"I don't trust you," replied the cupid straightforwardly.

Luhan's face darkened at his words. He frowned and asked further, "Why? Did I do something for you to doubt me?"

"You're not Luhannie," Chanyeol responded as he looked away. Luhan lowered his head and pouted. They were the only ones in the area and after Chanyeol's words, the silence enveloped them.

But then, Luhan drew closer to him and looked up. His eyes were that of a puppy; submissive and watery. It hit Chanyeol deep down in the heart; his body moved on its own and tried to pacify Luhan by hugging him. "I'm sorry, Luhannie!" he blurted out. The composed Chanyeol a while ago turned panicky; making sure Luhan won't cry. He was now starting to rub his head. 

Luhan sniffed. He did cry and Chanyeol got even more anxious. When he faced the former, he immediately wiped away his tears. 

"You scared me," Luhan clung to him and murmured. His lips were closest to the cupid's ears. Chanyeol quavered at the contact.

"What am I doing now? For Pete's sake! I just got owned. My foolish self," he thought. He quickly moved far, drifting away from Luhan. The latter's playfulness persisted. He was crying a minute ago, but now, he was all smiles again. He grabbed Chanyeol's hand and dragged him back inside the castle.

"Into your room, mister," he uttered with a wink.

Chanyeol sighed and scratched his head in desperation and disappointment.  "I wish this is really Luhannie. But NO. He's not. This is foolish!"


Kai's room~

"One more time," he murmured; hands holding tight on the bed sheets. He closed his eyes and breathed in. He stayed still for a while and then opened his eyes wide. He looked around and sulked. 

"I'm still here," he thought. He let his body fall on the bed as he succumbed in loneliness. He has been trying his best to teleport and reach Luhan for a while now. He rolled over to the side and grabbed a pillow. Though he looked silly, he couldn't help but imagine it was Luhan that he was holding. A little smile formed as he thought of how Luhan would be in his arms; his little stature would surely fit in perfectly between his arms. He could only imagine feeling Luhan's cheeks and arms and lips...

"Ahh!" he sat up abruptly and ruffled his hair. He then pouted and rubbed his face forcibly. "I'm really worried now. I bet Luhan, too. We haven't seen him in two days (Earth time)." He looked up to the ceiling and sighed. "Please....let me see him. I want to make sure he's alright."

***

"A--ah---achooo!" Luhan wiped away his face and snuggled inside the blanket. He was sick and skipped school that morning. The snow was falling hard and it worsen his flu. His mother already served him a warming breakfast and let him take his medicines. He was resting, but not really. His mind was preoccupied.

It's been two days since he saw the cupids. He was worried sick and it probably became a reason as well why his flu worsen. Did something bad happen to them? Will they come back? Will they see him again? Will he see Kai again?

He shut his eyes and thought, "Please...let me see them.... let me see him. I want to make sure he's alright." Luhan turned around and bumped into something.

***

"What?!" Xyke stood up from her golden throne. She looked around and contemplated. "Someone broke the barrier." Lay, who was sleeping on the table, was awoken by her loudness. He rubbed his eyes and saw his mother walking briskly, leaving the area.

"Eh?" he murmured obliviously. The palace workers who were serving Xyke that time looked at each other and were left wondering why the queen suddenly vacated.

Xyke checked his sons' room one by one: Baekhyun was in his room, staring blankly at the wall while Tao was motionless in his. She saw Xiumin sitting and in a daze at the pantry area, Chanyeol was being pulled by Luhannie in his room. DO was in the garden, languidly picking off the grass while Sehun was lying on the balcony grounds. He was wide awake but his mind was not there. 

When she reached Kai's room, Xyke opened it and found the vicinity empty. She raised her eyebrows and muttered, "I see...."

***

Luhan's eyes grew bigger. Kai's, too. 

They were on the same bed, facing each other closely and still.

It was unexpected.

An accident, probably...

But Luhan realized his lips were pressed against the cupid. 

"K-kaii?! He's ...here? He's here!"

"Lu--hann...Is it really, Luhan?"

When Luhan quickly pulled away, he stared at Kai with a shocked expression. The latter felt empty as their lips separated. He gazed at Luhan with the same stunned expression. They were both speechless and motionless for a while, until the cupid felt the urge to lean closer. He gulped. Though bewildered, Luhan's eyes fell heavy and slowly closed. It didn't take long for Kai to understand. As he pulled up the blanket, he gently rested his lips back on Luhan's.

*cue Fool by Jiniel ft Jung Yong Hwa* lol


Author's note: Poor Chanyeol, spending time with the fake one. xD

Kailu ...~More kisses eh? ^^

Feel free to leave your comments below.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the short and late update. 🙏