Geek in Red: D.O's Episode

Stupid CUPID!

Featured song: Akdong Musician (AKMU) - 인공잔디 Artificial Grass + 200%


"That wasn't because you like him, right? Luhan?"

D.O took off his glasses very slowly and let Luhan and Kai anticipate what he's about to do next. He gasped before he continued to speak, "Move, Kai." He took several steps towards Luhan. He lifted his arm and brushed his thumb on the latter's lips. "There."

He then turned to Kai and furrowed. "Nothing happened."

Kai jutted and marched towards him. Chanyeol returned and seeing them about to tackle each other, he grabbed Kai immediately. 

"Hold it, Kai," ordered Chanyeol. He glanced at D.O and knitted his eyebrows. "Stop it, too, D.O. I don't want you to fight again. Give Luhannie a break." He pulled D.O and dragged the two out.

"Wait. I need to do something with Luhannie," said D.O. Chanyeol let go of him. He put his glasses on and added, "I have to help him with his school project."

Luhan remembered. "That's right! I have to finish that before..." he glanced at the calendar on his desk. "..before tomorrow!"

"And why would you help him, D.O?" inquired Chanyeol. 

[D.O] Because he will need my help. 

He pushed the two outside the room and added, "And because this is my episode!" (xD) He then shut the door.

"Thank you for reminding me, D.O." said Luhan who was already searching something inside his backpack. He pulled out a bulk of school papers and books. D.O joined him. "What are you looking for, Luhan?"

"My ARTS II book. I think I left it somewhere," he replied. 

D.O helped him search the book on the shelf, "It's not here."

Luhan thought for a while, "Hmhm...Maybe in the attic. I hope it's there." He turned to D.O. "I'll go check. Just wait here for a while."

Luhan then went to the attic and searched for the missing book. He was determined to find it and was checking each books on the dusted area.

[Luhan] No. Not this. Hm, nope. This....is not. No. No. No....

He sighed, "Where is it?"

The door swung open and D.O peeked. Luhan was in deep thoughts that he didn't notice the latter coming in.

*door locked* 

D.O tiptoed behind him. 

"You need help, Luhan?"

The surprised Lulu stiffened and slowly turned around. He almost jumped out from his own skin in shock.

"You seem to be having a hard time here. Let me help you," continued D.O. He approached Luhan who was motionless, staring at him. 

[D.O] Luhan?

[Luhan] Ah-yes. Sure. I- I can't find the book here...

[D,O] Let's search again. Have you checked the bottom shelf? 

D.O squatted and surveyed the shelf, scanning the books one by one. Luhan then sat beside him and started searching.They were having a peaceful moment finding the missing book, until D.O decided to glance at Luhan, who was immersed in reading a certain book. He looked genuinely happy skimming the pages and making faces every time he reads something funny. D.O paused and slowly put down the book he was holding on the floor. His glasses was sliding down on the bridge of his nose. 

"Lovely...," the captivated cupid murmured. He sat down and observed Luhan with a slightly-opened mouth. His eyes gleamed and was gazing at Luhan's beady eyes before it swept through the latter's glowing skin; highlighting the reddish tint on his cheeks. When D.O tilted his face closer to Luhan, he put his hands slowly on the floor for a grip. Luscious vines with colors of green and yellow started creeping across the room from D.O's rested palm on the floor. The flowers were gradually blossoming on the walls as it slowly filled the small attic. Even the books on the floor were fairly covered by the spreading plant and budding bulbs of pink and purple. 

Luhan was about to turn another page when he took a glimpse of D.O whom he thought was still searching for the book. When he faced him, his face was so close to him that their nose touched for a second. He quickly turned away and fell back. His arms brushed into something fluffy and he exclaimed, "AAAHHHH!!! Wha--" He was lost with words when he realized that his attic turned into a garden. 

[Luhan] D.O!

D.O jerked. He fixed his glasses and looked around. 

[D.O] ......

[Luhan] What's...with...this?

D.O looked away and murmured, "I'm sorry."

[Luhan] I ...was surprised. But...

His hand felt a bud as he spoke. He paused momentarily and picked it up. 

[Luhan]... but it's actually beautiful. Is this your powers? 

D.O faced him; his gloomy face brightened. "Yes," he answered excitedly. "Is it really beautiful?"

Luhan nodded, "Yes." He was admiring the bud on his palm. "But you don't have to fill my attic with plants. It'll make it harder for us to find my book."

"I'm sorry. I wasn't able to control it," answered D.O. 

Luhan became even more curious and asked, "Why? What made you do this?"

D.O darted his eyes on Luhan. Even with his glasses on, the latter can see how the nerdy cupid studies his face. He feels awkward that he started biting his lower lip unconsciously. And of course, it heightened D.O's restrained feelings. He reached out and grabbed Luhan's hand. The latter was observing him as he fondled the bud silently. He covered it with his own hands and held Luhan's hand tightly. 

[D.O] I was once told that this happens...

He was slowly releasing the grip.

[D.O] .... when I ....

D.O finally let go of Luhan's hand and continued. His eyes pierced on the latter.

[D.O] ...finally found...

Luhan gazed at his eyes behind the thick glasses; soulful windows filled with deep admiration.

[D.O] ...the person I like.

 

D.O paused for a moment before he added, "..or probably love." 

Luhan's palm revealed a glowing bud slowly blossoming as D.O speaks. A beautiful flower of pinkish hues sprouts from it. Stunned and fascinated at the same time, Luhan wasn't able to speak for a while. He just watched the flower floats and sways from side to side; its scent alike to a field freshly showered with rain. D.O arched his head backwards and shut his eyes. I said it. 

......

"Luhan," D.O broke the silence. He leaned closer to Luhan and uttered softly,

                                     "Will you let it grow?"

Luhan wasn't able to answer. The weight of the question was taking its toll and his mind was starting to blur out.

"I--uhm..well,..do you mean? I-am not--quite sure..I-how should," he stuttered trying to find the right words. He was nervous that he cannot even organize his thoughts. When did D.O started---to feel--this way? I can't believe what's happening to me right now! What am I supposed to say? Luhan glanced at the flower which was merrily dancing in the air. He squeezed his eyes close and breathed deeply. When he was about to speak, nothing comes out of his mouth.

D.O smiled, "I'm sorry. I just put a big pressure on you, didn't I?" He retreated and sat back properly. Luhan's eyes followed his movements and when he felt the tension subsided, he sighed and clasped his hand. 

[Luhan] Oh no I killed it! He glanced at D.O with guilty expression. He bit his lip in regret. "I'm sorry, DO. I didn't mean to...

D.O watched fear covered Luhan's face in amusement. He laughed softly while shaking his head, "Don't worry. It's still there. Try opening your palm."

Luhan did. He looked dismayed. "It's not."

"Think about me," said D.O. "It will grow."

Luhan frowned in embarrassment, "I-- "

[D.O]  Your facial expression is telling me that you're being bashful. Bashful, meaning uncomfortable, disposed attempt to avoid notice through modesty.

[Luhan] Uh what?  

[D.O] Are you being shy because you actually like me, too? I just happen to know how to read people, Luhan.

[Luhan] SAY WHAT?!

[D.O] I take that as a no. 

He then turned around and walked towards the door, sulking and acting depressed. "You killed it, Luhan. You have no mercy to the little flower. I feel so sad thinking that it just disappeared because of you." He was guilt-tripping the already miserable Luhan. 

Luhan snorted and open his palm once again. Please grow....I want to see you bloom again.

Luhan's face lighted up when he saw the bud blossoming again. D.O, too, looked back at him and smiled.

"Please take care of it, Luhan," uttered D.O. "I hope you'll treasure it... as much as I treasure you."

Trying to hide his blushing face, Luhan turned around and nodded. He was genuinely happy to have something beautiful given to him. But then again....

"We haven't found my book yet!" Luhan exclaimed. 

[D.O] Ah. Right. Here it is.

[Luhan] Oh. Where did you find it?

[D.O] It's with me the entire time. 

[Luhan] =.= What did you say?

D.O pulled out the book behind him and showed it to Luhan, "Here."

"You hid it! Why you..." he rushed to D.O and tried to get the book from the latter. "Give it to me, D.O!"

D.O shook his head, "Let's do your project together." He smiled and grabbed Luhan's hand as they went out of the attic.


Luhan and D.O were sitting on the floor, next to each other and were very focused on reading. D.O would explain things occasionally and Luhan listened to him intently while nodding his head. 

>>>>>

[Kris] "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

A young man was spying the two through the window. He was crouching down, hiding on the top of a building, near Luhan's house and was looking through his pair of binoculars. He scowls, and frowns and grits his teeth every now and then.

[Kris] "HEY! Are you spying on Luhan?"

The man nodded.

[Kris] "Are you trying to mimic Baekhyun? Are you that desperate, SUHO??"

Suho put down the binoculars, stood up and furrowed. "I am just making sure Luhannie will be alright with that nerd."

Kris leaned closer to him, "Say that again?"

"I don't trust the nerd, Kris. D.O, he's up to something," asserted the restless Suho. "Look at him! He's so close to Luhannie."

Kris sighed, "If it bothers you so much, why don't you join them?'

"Earlier, I saw them at the attic and was about to join them. When I tried to open the door, I didn't expect this," uttered Suho with a pained expression. He  lifted up his hand, "Look what that nerd did to me!" 

His hand, Suho's pitiful hand, was covered with thorns and scratches. "That brat...."


Author's note:  The geek got some moves. Poor Suho. XD

Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions below. 

Thanks for reading.