Bright Lights: Baekhyun's Episode

Stupid CUPID!

                                                                     

Featured song: CN Blue- 사랑 빛 Love Light 


[Luhan] *Blink blink blink

Baekhyun put down his camera and locked his eyes on Luhan whose blood already rushed to his head; his eyes wide opened as Baekhyun asked, "So? How was it?"

.....

Seeing his muddled face, Baekhyun grinned, "Nevermind." He checked his camera to see the picture he took. "Ah... this is cute. Captioned: My baby's reaction after my confession," uttered the amused Baek before giggling.

"B-baby?"

"Uh-huh," he nodded casually. He moved closer to Luhan and poke his nose. "You." 

Luhan was not entirely clueless on what's going on, but being with Baekhyun and getting used to his silliness, he wasn't sure if the latter was being serious or just playing around, making him go nuts.

"Are you trying to escape from here, Luhannie?" asked Baekhyun. He then patted Luhan's shoulder, "I can help you with that."

Xiumin peeked from the door and his jaw dropped while observing the two. He then closed it slowly. 

Luhan shook his head, "No...not really. I was just----"

"Luhan?!" His mother who was cooking his meal in the kitchen downstairs suddenly called out. "Is that you? Whom are you talking to?" 

Luhan immediately covered his mouth. 

"She'll get suspicious if you won't answer," said Baekhyun with a hint of teasing.

"Luhan?" His mother was fast approaching and Luhan tried to get inside his room fastly. However, it was locked! He frowned. "What's going on? Hey! Open up!" he knocked loudly.

Inside, the cupids were busy discussing what happened. They were all talking at once that they didn't hear Luhan's calling. Xiumin accidentally locked the door when he peeped outside and now Luhan and Baekhyun were left out.

His mother was coming and no way she can see Baekhyun. Luhan started to panic. He looked around to find a place to hide. Baekhyun leaned closer to him, eyeing him with interest. Luhan tipped on the wall and was anxiously waiting for the other to do something. He quickly dropped his eyes, making a pretense of searching around. He heard his mother's footsteps. She's close! 

Baekhyun exhaled, spread his palm and lights went out. He then mumbled, "Our chance." He the held Luhan's hand and tiptoed towards the stairs. Luhan held his breath when they passed by his alarmed mother. When they reached the doorway, the lights went back and Baekhyun closed the front door. 

"My mother will worry if he finds out that I am not in my room this late," stated Luhan who was now walking next to Baekhyun on the streets. "Where are we going?"

Baekhyun searched around and pointed at the park nearby. They sat on the bench and were silently watching the passers-by. When Baekhyun lifted his camera, Luhan immediately covered his face; his reflexes telling him to avoid it. However, his number one fan wasn't planning for another photo shoot session. He put his camera down, hunched his neck and rubbed it. 

 Moments later, the park was emptied with people. Luhan observed him at the corner of his eyes. Baekhyun remained quiet, gazing at the dark sky and glancing at Luhan once in a while. The poor Lulu started to bite his lower lip unconsciously. He was sitting stiffly and was thinking about what to say. It's the first time he was alone with Baekhyun and they didn't really talk much especially around the other cupids.

"I like you. A little too much."

Luhan shut his eyes frantically. So many things happened in one day and just when he thought he could get away from them, he found himself with Baekhyun, sitting awkwardly in the park after his little confession.

"No stars," Baekhyun suddenly uttered. "Our first night together should be breathtaking. What shall we do, Luhannie?" 

Wha-?First night together? That sounds wrong..

"Want to see a little magic?" asked Baekhyun who was slowly creeping his way near Luhan. 

"What magic?" Luhan questioned hesitantly.

Baekhyun held Luhan's hand and a fervent smiled surfaced on his face. He intertwined his fingers with Luhan's and formed a pointing sign with their index fingers. He lifted their arms above and aimed at the sky. 

"At the count of the three, sway your hands from right to left," instructed Baekhyun. Luhan looked at him with doubting expression. "Trust me. You will love it," Baekhyun added.

1

2

   3...

 

 

                    (Aurora borealis~Northern lights)

 

Slack-jawed, Luhan looked up with sparkling eyes. He was in a dreamy-like state when he gazed at the lime-colored sheath on the sky.

[Baekhyun] Impressed?

Luhan nodded with mouth wide opened. He thoroughly forgot that he was still holding Baekhyun's hand while the latter enjoyed looking at his enthralled face.

 

Back in Luhan's room``

[Xiumin] Whoa! It's Baekhyun!

The others turned around and peeked at the window to see the beautiful lights enveloped the sky. Chanyeol searched for Baekhyun inside the room only to find out that he and Luhan already disappeared. 

"Kai is not here, too," D.O added.

Sehun jumped out of bed and was heading directly to the window. Chanyeol grabbed his arms and they both flew. Chen turned to Kris, "Let's follow them."

 

[Luhan] So beautiful....

Baekhyun's smile gradually died out. He was eyeballing the pink-plump lips displayed freely near him. He gulped, shut his eyes and breathed deeply. 

Relax, Baekhyun. You can't force yourself on him. No. You might...

Luhan turned to him; his lips curled upwards. "This is great! You got some nice powers, Baekhyun." While Luhan continued swaying their hands and admiring the night sky, Baekhyun was in a daze. His chest started to weigh heavy and he was motionless for a while, until his eyes caught that lips again. Luhan's face was glowing that it doesn't even compare to the lights above. He was unaware that his body was starting to light up as well; golden-hue lines insinuate his skin and circle his eyeballs. He gulped deliberately as he gravitated towards Luhan and was about to seize the moment when Kai flicked his cheek.

Baekhyun let go of Luhan's hand at once and attended his hurt cheek. He frowned in pain as he rubbed it to ease the pain. 

"Are you okay?" Luhan reached out to check on him.

"Don't do that if you don't want him to kiss you," warned Kai who was standing behind them. 

The rest of the cupids were also there; Kris was covering Sehun's eyes so not to trigger him again; Chanyeol dragged Baekhyun away while Xiumin and Chen observed silently. Lay. Oh, he's not there with them. D.O was giving Baekhyun a deadly stare while Tao just sat on the ground, distressed from the happenings around him. 

"Why are you with Baekhyun, Luhannie?" asked Suho who was wobbling while walking towards him. He was feeling down after seeing his brothers spend time with Luhan while he was just watching from afar with his pitiful face.

Luhan then explained what happened. He was feeling rather tired and so he decided to go back home.

"It was a----" he stopped, thinking of the right word to describe their day. He got nothing so he just thanked them. "Thank you for helping me with my performance. I'm sure I can pass my subject now."

Chen nodded, "Don't worry. We got you. It was fun spending the day with you Luhannie, even after all the chaos."

Luhan smiled shyly, "You're right." He glanced at Kai who immediately looked away when their eyes met.He wanted to say his thanks but was hesitant after seeing the latter's dull expression.

While the rest of the cupid waved goodbye to Luhan, Kris carried him [flying] and they went back to his room. Luhan entered through the window.

"Thank you," he said.

"Sure," Kris ruffled his hair before he sailed away.

Luhan made his way to the bed while stretching his arms and twisting his body. He sat down, took off his shoes and jacket, before he lay flat. He sighed in tiredness. To summarize his day, he attended the festival with the cupids, performed with them, went to the gallery with Mei Lin...

He suddenly remembered her. Luhan wondered what happened to her after she left. "Maybe she's mad at me for leaving," he murmured. "Maybe she's thinking that I am rude and impolite." He snorted.

His thoughts then proceeded to what Sehun did to him; the flying and the kissing. He shut his eyes and remembered Kai's expression. It wasn't the best expression, really. Then there was Baekhyun's confession. He was going mad just by thinking about it. 

He turned around to ditch his thoughts and fall asleep.

The following day, Luhan woke up late since he has no class. He stayed in bed for a while when he felt a strange thing crept across his shoulder. When he slowly turned around, he saw someone having a good sleep next to him. He froze.

The person slowly opened his eyes... 

He then smiled a little before he greeted, "Good morning, Luhannie..." 


Author's note: Baek though. ^^. One creative confession after the other... and there's the sleepyhead on Luhan's bed, getting ahead of everyone. xD 

P.S Love Light! Found it again and it's so BaekHan. :') I just feel happy everytime I found the right song to describe each cupid's feelings for Lulu. 

Feel free to leave your comments below.

Thanks for reading.