Running in Circles

Stupid CUPID!

 

                               

Featured songs:

"I think I love you"- Byul (Mei Lin to Luhan)

"Hey You" - CNBlue 


Mei Lin turned to Chanyeol who raked his hair with both of his hands forcibly; an obvious sign of distress. She watched carefully as he thought deeply, almost forgetting that he's with someone; more importantly, someone who is greatly involved in his dilemma. 

"Are you alright?" Mei Lin asked. Her eyes continued to scrutinize Chanyeol's weary expression. She approached the latter and gently shook his shoulder to catch his attention.

Chanyeol wrinkled his forehead as he lifted his head to see her. He flashed a smile and immediately looked away. Being the kind of person he is, by that time, Chanyeol was already thinking of ways to stop what's bothering him. For the meantime, all he wanted was to make sure everyone will do just fine. They can squabble all they want, but no transformation at all cost. And for Luhan. He will make it up to the latter for being cold and ambiguous last night. He breathed in and sighed loudly before standing up and twisting his wrists. 

"I can handle this," he thought. "We can handle this."

Mei Lin shifted her eyes from Chanyeol to the group of people walking towards them. Her lips automatically curved upwards upon seeing Luhan who was being held captive by Sehun and Tao. 

Chen was the first one to approach Chanyeol. "You alright? Where have you been?" He then smiled at Mei Lin to acknowledge her presence.

"I'll tell you later," replied Chanyeol.

"I already asked Luhan to tell me what happened last night." He uttered in a low voice, almost a whisper.

Chanyeol frowned and walked to the side; a good distance from the rest. "What did he tell you?"

"I asked him if he met you and told me that you were in his room last night. You talked about something. Then you left," Chen explained. "Something happened. I know. I heard Luhan's fast heartbeat when I mentioned your name. He was anxious."

"I guess I really have to make it up with Luhannie," Chanyeol murmured as he lowered his head and rubbed his chin. "I was just-- feeling bad, Chen. I confronted him about Kai..."

Chen continued to listen attentively.

"I told him that I worry for our brothers. That everything is starting to get complicated..."

"You can't blame, Luhan," Chen interrupted.

"I know I know," admitted Chanyeol. "I was just confused...worried... "

Chen sighed, "There's more to that."

Chanyeol faced him and frowned, "Are you reading me, Chen?"

The latter squeezed his shoulder and replied, "You talk to me later." He then turned around  and before he joined the rest, he added, "And at least, be honest with yourself, brother."

---

Luhan was trying his best to answer Mei Lin's question clearly despite the numerous arms across his shoulders. Chen shoved them away at once and let Luhan breathe comfortably.

[Luhan] Thanks, Chen.

The cupid just winked at him in reply before he turned to his brothers and chased them away. Chanyeol finally joined them and greeted Luhan, "Good morning, Luhannie."

Luhan stared at him for a moment, gaging if Chanyeol feels much better now than last night. Seeing the cupid's smile lingered, Luhan beamed back at him and responded. He then turned to Mei Lin who was still waiting for his answer.

"When is this workshop" Luhan asked. 

"On the 27th. Every school club will participate," Mei Lin answered. "The professors highly encourage everyone's presence."

Luhan thought for a moment. A painting workshop seems interesting and helpful to him. He can surely learn a lot of things to improve his skills. Yet, he feels hesitant for some reason. Maybe because Ren will be there and he doesn't want trouble. Or maybe becuase of Mei Lin's presence. Luhan felt uneasy.

What am I thinking? He mentally shook his head violently to stop his mind from overthinking.

"You have until tomorrow afternoon to think," Mei Lin continued. "I hope you'll come, Luhan." Luhan's thought was interrupted by her soft and loving voice. The way she said his name was almost breathless. He stared at her shortly before he looked away and nodded. "I will think about it."

"Okay then," she finally said. She glanced at the cupids behind who were being scolded by Chen and Chanyeol. "Are they always like that?" she can't helped but ask.

Luhan turned around and sighed. "Yes. They enjoy fighting everyday."

Mei Lin gazed at Luhan while the latter watched the cupids. 

"They really like you, don't they?" 

Luhan turned to her quickly. His eyes expressed shock from her statement but he managed to force a smile.

She added, "They are always around you and take care of you. They're such good friends."

Kai overheard her words and watched Luhan fall into a void. He doesn't know how to respond. The confession scenes were playing in his mind one by one. 

"Luhan," Kai called out. He motioned towards him and gave Mei Lin a friendly but short smile. 

Mei Lin smiled back and moved closer to Luhan until the latter arched back in surprise at the sudden movement. Kai's eyes grew bigger at the sight.

"Why don't we go to class together?" she initiated. 

.....

The rest of the cupids turned around after hearing Mei Lin's loud and clear expression of interest. One moment, she was aware of the others around her and asked questions about the cupids; but now, it seems that Luhan was the only one she sees. Her doe-eyes were fixed on him as she maintained the smile on her face. Even Kai's distraught expression was out of her sight at that time.

[Mei Lin] Luhan?

Luhan jerked slightly and unintentionally nodded. He realized what he did when Kai looked at him with disappointed eyes, but it's too late to back out. Mei Lin was  already happily waiting for him to walk beside her while the rest watched them with their jaws dropped.

[Mei Lin] Let's go.

She took a glimpse of the cupids at the corner of her eyes before she added, "You guys will follow shortly, right?"

Without waiting for an answer, she moved closer to Luhan to signal him to move. When Luhan took a step forward, Kai arched his head up, gazed at the surrounding aimlessly before he sighed.

Before they knew it, the two were already walking away from them. As if their world stopped for a while, they began to look at each other in suprise and confusion. Except for Kris, Chanyeol and Chen who were still watching Luhan and Mei Lin from afar. 

"Well that was unexpected," Xiumin uttered as he swallowed two strawberries at once. 

[Lay] *blinks blinks

[Tao] =.=

[D.O] O-O

[Baekhyun] :o

[Suho] ={

[Sehun] ......

The youngest cupid turned around and was about to fly away when Chen grabbed his hoodie. "Where are you going?"

When Sehun didn't answer, Kris sensed what was about to happne. He quickly approached him and slapped his back hard, "Snap out of it."

[Sehun] Awww! That hurts like hell!

[Kris] You know nothing about hell.

Chen nodded at Kris, before he turned to the silly cupid. "You will behave," he said before hitting Sehun's chest slightly.

Chanyeol, who usually does this job, remained silent as he watched Chen took over.


Later that day, Luhan found himself alone as he went home. The cupids were nowhere to be found and he was starting to worry.

"Maybe they got mad at me for leaving them behind," he thought while walking with his head down. He felt guilty and sad at the same time. Since the cupid came, he got used to their presence wherever he goes. Their bickering became a part of his daily life and he started to adapt it. Now, he was by himself and was feeling empty. 

When he got home, no one was in his room. He sighed as he jumped into the bed and snuggled under the covers. 
"I wonder where they are," he murmured.
He decided to skip dinner and planned to sleep, hoping that tomorrow, his friends would greet him like usual. 

"Good night, Luhan," he said to himself before he closed his eyes.

"Sleeping already?" 

Luhan sighed heavily, "Yes......

.....eh?"

He pulled down the blanket quickly and saw Kai sitting next to him. 

"Kai!" Luhan immediately sat. 

The cupid leaned closer to him and his face. He remained silent while Luhan looked down and murmured, "Were they mad at me?"

Kai shook his head, "No."

"I was worried because I haven't seen them since early morning. I thought..."

"You thought we left you behind," Kai continued knowingly.

"Hm..." Luhan answered faintly. "Are you mad at me?

Kai smirked, "I was pissed." He pulled Luhan and hugged him gently. "But now anymore. I can't stay mad at you."

He then faced the latter and continued, "She likes you. I know you are not oblivious about that fact."

Luhan looked away and nodded. 

"I am going to ask this once and I want an honest answer," Kai began. "Do you like her?"

Luhan started fidgeting. "Yes. But different from what you think."

[Kai] ......

Luhan sighed, "She was so kind to me. To be honest, I was happy when I realized that someone can..can see me like this. It's a good feeling to know that someone likes you."

[Kai] ..So you do like her.

Luhan sighed before he smiled and shook his head, "Like I said, it's not what you think." He rose to his feet and paced across the room. "I like someone else," Luhan blurted out. He turned around with eyes wide opened to see Kai standing up and approaching him.

Luhan avoided the cupid's passionate stare and looked away. He fixed his eyes on window but remained attentive to Kai who was now standing in front of him; already invaded his personal space.

[Kai] Why don't you tell that someone about your feelings? 

He slowly reached out to touch Luhan's nape and pulled him closer to his face while Luhan held his hand.

[Luhan] I- I want to...but...

[Kai] But what?

Luhan sighed and looked down. When he kept silent, Kai slowly distanced himself from him when he realized that he was about to lose control any moment. Luhan then glanced at the window and his eyes caught someone outside, floating in the air and staring back at him with despairing expression. 

"Sehun.."


Author's note: IDK about this chapter but that's it for now. I'm sorry but I won't be able to update for a week (maybe? not sure) since I have important things to do.

T-T

Will try to update as soon as possible.

Feel free to leave your comments below.

Thanks for reading.