Only Time will Tell: Tao's Episode

Stupid CUPID!

     

Featured song: Super Junior- 진심 (All My Heart) 


"Tao!"

Luhan turned around and saw the cupid nibbling his own finger. Seeing what he did to Luhan, Sehun's blood rushed to his head. Chen can see smoke coming out of his ears in anger as he clenched his fists. 

[Chen] Hey hey hey! Calm down.

Chanyeol quickly tugged Sehun away from Tao who was purposely ignoring his outburst to further annoy the youngest one. He leaned closer to Luhan, picked a piece of chocolate and devoured it. 

"I was looking for you at the university, Lulu," uttered Tao. "But I didn't find you so I knew right away that one of these fools kidnapped you again."

Luhan smiled awkwardly, "I came here with Xiumin. And no. He didn't kidnap me." 

"Is that so?' Tao wrinkled his forehead. "That's fine then." He wrapped his arm around Luhan's shoulder and started walking away from the rest. "You come with me now, Lulu."

*cue train horn produced by Sehun's magical ears* xD 

Chen and Chanyeol quickly ducked and covered their heads in shock. 

[Chanyeol] What the?!

Chen pointed at Sehun. "Hold him, Channie! He's doing it again!"

Chanyeol tackled Sehun and held him tightly to stop him from charging Tao who was now happily strolling far away with Luhan.

Xiumin watched them candidly as he continued munching on his candies. "That was a good time with Luhannie," he thought. "Maybe next time, I can spend more time with him. But for now, I'll have to spend time with these candies!"

He picked one candy cane and shoved it to his mouth. He chuckled naively as he walked away from his fussing brothers. 

 

"Where are we going, Tao?" asked Luhan.

"Anywhere," answered Tao who has no plan of letting Luhan go from his hold. "As long as I'm with you, anywhere is good."

Luhan gulped. He glanced at Tao who was looking so protective of him for some reason. He snapped his fingers all of a sudden and darkness concealed the bright afternoon sky; the sun has been replaced by myriad stars and the cold breeze caved in. The sound of the swaying and rustling leaves could be heard. A faint luminosity from the moon reflects on the busy streets where Tao and Luhan was.  

Luhan faced him with a knowing expression, "Tao..."

The cupid smiled, "This is much better, right? Look."

Luhan turned around and his jaw dropped in awe. His eyes gazed on the people moving in slow motion. Cars and animals motioned languidly. Some things were floating mid-air; vibrant balloons of children playing in a park, confetti which dazzled a concert performance in an open field; even fallen leaves that streams with the wind...He was speechless; trying to see every little thing in that enchanting moment, not wanting to miss anything. He was turning around flawlessly while Tao watches him with admiring eyes. His smile sent a fuzzy feeling on the latter's chest.

I can hear my heart...  it's beating for him. I feel so happy but empty at the same time it's crazy..... 

"Time control," Luhan murmured. "I envy you for having this." He glanced at Tao who was staring at him intently. It's as if he, too, fell into the spell of time; he felt his body subdued in the moment. Tao slowly smiled at him as he reached out for his face. Luhan's eyes got bigger gradually as the other drew nearer. When the cupid's hand cupped his nape and tugged him closer, the thinning distance between them was the only thing Luhan could feel and see; he wanted to shut his eyes, afraid of what might happen. 

When he felt his chin on Tao's shoulder, he squeezed his eyes close and held his breath.

"I need you...," a breathless voice resonated.

..........

"Luhan...."

......

"Luhan...."

"Lulu, open your eyes."

Luhan opened his eyes hesitantly. He saw the balloons roaming up in the air. Children were happily jumping around to reach them. People passed by and the car horns revived Luhan's senses. Tao set everything in natural motion. He was holding Luhan by the shoulder and let time resume itself. When he let go, Luhan's face was shadowed by disorientation.

"Lulu? Hey?" Tao gently touched his cheek.

"What-- happened?" asked the demoralized Luhan. As far as he can remember, Tao pulled him for a hug and then...

"I need you..."

Luhan stiffened and looked away to avoid Tao's inquiring eyes.

[Luhan] Did you... say something a while ago?

Tao arched his eyebrows. He pursed his lips and thought for a second. "Hmhm... yes."

Luhan gulped. 

[Tao] You heard that clearly, right?

Luhan gasped and nodded twice. 

 He giggled, "You know what I was trying to point out, don't you, Lulu?" 

[Luhan] "I-don't-think..so..."

Tao expressed a doubtful face as he twitched his eyes, "Ah. Really?" He then cleared his throat. "I guess I have to say it again for you to understand."

Luhan quickly shook his head and leaned back away from him. Tao just laughed at his silly expression and added teasingly, "You knew. I heard your heart doubled its beat when I uttered those words."

"You scared me.."

"I was being serious," Tao was quick to remark. "That you should know."

"Tao.."

"I'm not forcing you. Just wanted to get it out of my chest," furthered the cupid. He then motioned behind Luhan and swiftly kissed his head. "Let's go. I'll send you home now."

Luhan repressed a sigh and nodded willingly. 

(P.S that TaoHan head-kiss during the idol championship ^^)


The cupids were all gathered in Luhan's room the next morning. Luhan was still asleep so they were standing there quietly and almost motionless. 

7 am *clock alarms

Tao snapped his fingers.

6:55 am

.......

........

7 am *clock alarms

Tao snapped his fingers.

[Tao] Five more minutes....

[Sehun] *nodded

[D.O] *loving stare

[Baekhyun] *mouth wide opened

[Lay] C:

[Kai] .......

[Suho] ^_^

[Xiumin] *nibbles chocolates *blink blink *smiles

[Chanyeol] -___-?

[Kris] ...... *smirks

7 am*clock alarms

Tao snap--

"Stop it already, Tao. We need to wake him up for school," uttered Chen in a restrained voice. He glanced at his brothers and watched their eyes stuck on Luhan's face. He wanted to yell at them but worries for Luhan that he might wake up on the wrong side of the bed if he does so. He sighed and sat on the floor. "I think I need to wake up 11 people here."

"hmhm..."

Chen took a glimpse of Luhan; the latter lazily twisted his body and stretched. He opened his eyes and saw the brothers above him. 

"What is going ONNNNN?!!!!!!!!!!!!" He sat up hastily and realized that he was surrounded by 11 cupids inside his jam-packed room. 

"Time to wake up, Luhannie," said Chanyeol. "You need to go to school."

Luhan jumped out of bed and went directly to his table. "I know." He gathered his notes and put them on his backpack. He then turned to them. "But why are you all here?"

[Chen] Xiumin told us about what happened yesterday. You were bullied by an idiot named Ren.

[Sehun] I'll break his neck when I see him.

[Tao] If you can do that.

*cue train horn from Sehun's magical ears

[Chanyeol] Hey. Don't dare do that, Sehun. Luhannie will be in more trouble if you lay a finger on him. 

Lay grinned and Chanyeol noticed him.

[Chanyeol] I know what you're thinking, Lay. No powers. Don't harm him using your powers.

He then turned to Luhan and added, "This bullying should stop. Luhannie must stand for himself."

Luhan shook his head, "Ren won't listen to that. The only time he would stop is when the student council president runs after him."

[Baekhyun] The president running after him? Well.. there goes the violence, Chanyeol.

Luhan nodded, "Yeah. She was the only person Ren is scared of. She saved me a couple of time already. I'm sure she thinks that I am a coward; a loser."

They looked at each other.

"Why don't I teach you some basic martial arts stunts, Lulu?" suggested Tao. "It will help you defend yourself if trouble comes."

"I said no violence," Chanyeol repeated.

 Kai finally spoke. "I know that kid. I was there when he mocked Luhan in front of his classmates. He has a foul mouth and he needs to learn his lesson. I already warned him but he still continues. Plus, the student council can't even control his bad behavior. What if Luhan will get hurt next time? And what if there's no one to help him? What if we're not there to save him?" 

Chanyeol fell silent.

"We can't let that happen. I don't want Luhannie to depend on us every time, so learning how to defend himself is a good start for him to be able to stand up on his own," Kris added. "Finally. Something useful coming out from Tao's mouth."

Tao just glared at him.

"I don't want Luhan to get hurt," D.O murmured. 

Sehun nodded, "Me, too." He then frowned and scratched his head. "But I don't want him to spend too much time with Tao."

"Your selfishness is out of this world, Sehun," Chen retorted. "We will be right there to watch them."

[Baekhyun] Of course, of course!

[Luhan] Martial arts???? I-don't think so...

"You'll learn the basics whether you like it or not," Kai asserted. 

[Luhan] ......

"Trust us. It's for your own good, Luhan" added Kai as he patted his shoulder. 


University~

That was a good idea until Luhan and the cupids met Ren along the hallway with his minions. He immediately glared at Luhan when he saw him. 

"That kid is not backing away," uttered Suho. 

Chanyeol added, "Aggressive."

"Is that him?" Sehun clenched his fist and was about to dash when Kris tugged his shirt back. 

[Kris] You stay here.

Kai sighed. He was cracking his knuckles secretly while Tao just stood in front of Luhan, ready to attack if needed. Xiumin held Luhan's hand on the side while Lay shut his drowsy eyes for a second before opening it with a warning expression. Baekhyun was looking at him from head to toe. 

[Ren] You.

He approached Luhan, not minding the 11 guys surrounding the latter. 

[Tao] You go away. Stop bugging Luhan. He has nothing to do with you.

Kai walked towards him, "I thought I already told you to leave Luhan alone." 

"Tell me. What did Luhan do to you to be so angry?" inquired Suho.

Ren just gritted his teeth and looked away. 

Some of the students gathered around at the sight. They were very curious on what's going to happen. It's Ren again. The trouble-maker. He's always doing that to Luhan! My God, what's wrong with him? He's such an a--. Look at Luhan's friends! They're smoking! Ren is just jealous of him. He's becoming popular now.

"I heard that!" Ren swing around and crinkled his nose to show dominance among the students. "Why would I be jealous with this coward? I just can't stand his annoying face."

Feeling bad, Luhan just looked down. Xiumin comforted him by patting his shoulder, "Don't listen to him, Luhannie."

[Kris] He's talking nonsense. 

[Sehun] What the a1@$!$RWe@g!

[D.O] He's pathetic.

[Baekhyun] You said it.

[D.O] Like you.

[Baekhyun] Right...... SAY WHAT?! *glared

Tao and Kai motioned towards the bully. 

[Kai] That's too much. 

Tao grabbed him by the collar and pinned him on the wall. "You need to learn some lesson, dude. We already warned you to stop."

Chanyeol was starting to panic, "Enough!"

Ren pushed Tao away and fixed his shirt. He was ready to give the latter a blow when someone knocked his head with a rolled newspaper.

The buzzing from the students heightened.

"I'M GETTING TIRED OF THIS."

Ren wasn't able to move. When he tilted his head to the side to see the person, his eyes got bigger by the second. "Emi..."

A lady in her early 20s was swinging the rolled newspaper around. With her sleek, high-ponytail and edgy features, she looked courageous and appealing. She glanced around and saw Luhan. She then ignored the frozen bully in front of her and went to him.

[Emi] We meet again.

The humiliated Luhan just bowed his head and apologized.

[Emi] It's fine. Don't get affected by that big bully's taunting. His words don't define you, okay? 

Luhan nodded slowly.

She then turned to Ren who was about to escape from the area. Emi grabbed him and dragged the bully away while hitting his head.

[Suho] That was the student council president?

Luhan and Xiumin nodded.

[Baekhyun] She's tougher than she looks.

"Isn't she?" Chen laughed. 

They turned to him. 

[Chanyeol] What's with you, Chen?

"I know her. She's one of the members of this school's music club. I was invited by her last time so I joined," explained Chen. 

[D.O] You joined a club?

Chen affirmed, "Yes. When I go missing, I am actually in the music room with some of the members." He then turned to Luhan, "So she's the one who has been saving you from that Ren?"

Luhan nodded.

"You should thank her," Chanyeol said. "Being a student council president must be a tough job so it's nice to see that she's always ready to help students."

"Yes, I know. I will," replied Luhan who was now feeling better. 

[Chanyeol] Alright.Shall we go to the gym now?

They nodded and started walking, except for Kai who was leaning against the wall and still watching Emi through the window, scolding Ren inside the student council office.

"I'm sure she's the one I saw at the stadium after our dance performance...(ref. The festival pt.2)"he thought. He glanced at Luhan who was being encouraged by his brothers. He then turned to Emi and sighed. "So that's why..." he murmured before leaving the hallway to follow them.


Author's note: Romantic Tao is luv. ^^, Next chapter will be Chen's.

P.S the randomness. AGAIN. >.<

But here's another one who will (more or less) complicate things for the cupids. 

Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions below.

Thanks for reading.