Sugarpop, Sweet Love: Xiumin's Episode

Stupid CUPID!

                                     

Featured song: Taru ~사랑에 빠진 딸기 (Strawberry That Fell In Love)


"Please Luhannie! Open the window! I want to get inside." 

Sehun was sobbing as he struggled to open the window in Luhan's room. The latter was busy thinking of things he needs to buy in the mall, ignoring the stuck cupid outside. It was Monday morning and he has to buy new painting materials as early as possible since he has a class at 10. 

"What are you doing?!" 

Sehun turned around and saw Kris floating behind him and ready to hit his head.

"You're disturbing him again," said Kris while squeezing Sehun's cheek. "You will not get in the way."

"But I have to go to school, too! We are students, remember? I have to go with Luhannie..." insisted Sehun who was biting Kris's hand. He turned to Luhan who was about to leave. "Hannieeeee..... notice me pleaseeee..."

"Hm.. I think this is all I need. Alright! Off I go," he happily uttered. He wore his backpack and went out of his room

Chanyeol was watching them below and just sighed at the early morning chaos. He met Luhan outside and greeted him. "Good morning, Luhannie."

Luhan beamed at him, "Morning, Chanyeol. You came early today."

Chanyeol stride along with him and answered, "Just to make sure you're fine." He then looked back and pointed at Sehun and Kris who were hitting each other in the air. "See?"

Luhan scratched his head and nodded.

"Are you going to school now?" Chanyeol inquired. 

"No. I have to go to the mall first. I need to buy new painting materials for my class," replied Luhan. "Do you want to come along?"

"I'd love to. But I am doing something important," answered Chanyeol. He leaned closer to Luhan and whispered. "An important mission."

Luhan nodded, "I see. Well, I'll go ahead then. See you around."

"Alright. You take care, Luhannie!"

"Oh! Before I forget. You'll see Mei Lin today, right?"

Luhan paused and remembered what happened last time. He left all of a sudden. And he will see her again. They haven't really met in school for the past days for many different reasons. Now, he doesn't know how to react towards her.

[Chanyeol] Luhannie?

"Oh- R-right. Yes," replied Luhan whose thoughts of weariness was interrupted.

"You better talk to her and explain. I actually lied and told her that you have to deal with an emergency at home. It would have been a great time for you to know each other back at the party," furthered Chanyeol. "Don't worry. I'm sure she'll understand." With that said, he went off. 


At the mall~

"Hmhm.... I think these are all I need for the meantime." Luhan then went to the cashier and paid for the art materials. He carried his huge plastic bag and went out of the art store. He looked around the mall and saw people enjoying their time shopping. Some were having breakfast at coffee shops and stalls. Young people were happily chatting together as they pass by him. The weather was good and so was the mood of the people around. This made Luhan smile as well; getting influenced by the positiveness of the place. 

Until...

"You have to pay for all of these! You ate a lot, kid!"

Luhan turned around and saw a middle-aged lady running after a boy outside a cake shop. 

"Hey come back here!"

Luhan watched the Tom&Jerry scenario for a moment until he lost track of the two. He sighed and turned the other way. He started walking until he reached the exit, when all of a sudden, someone pulled him back. He lost his balance and fell sloppily on the floor.

"AWWW!" Luhan struggled to get up but his was badly hurt, all he could do was rub it in frustration. 

"Luhannie!!!! Help me!!!!" 

Luhan noticed someone lying beside him, hugging him by the waist and sobbing. "Help me!"

"Wha--H-hey...let go!" 

"Please....." The person lifted his head and Luhan's jaw dropped.

"Xiumin?!" 

"She's going to butcher me like a tad meat! Hel---" Before he could finish talking, the woman who was running after him came and dragged him away.

"Come here, you gluttonous child! You need to pay me!"

Xiumin was being swept away and Luhan immediately stood up and followed. "Hey, wait up please. He's my friend....I will pay. Just---" he kneeled down to help Xiumin to get up. "--just don't drag him like this." Luhan quickly pulled out his wallet while Xiumin clung to him. "How much?"

The woman showed the receipt, 

"What?! This much?!" Luhan glowered. He then sighed and pulled out his money. "Here. Good thing I brought more today." He handed the payment and the woman scorned and hurriedly left.

Xiumin was now hugging him in solace, "Thank you, Luhannie! You saved me!" 

People were staring at them while the foodie cupid held Luhan fondly. The latter was desperately getting away from his hold. When he successfuly did, he immediately inquired, "Why did you do that? You can't just eat a lot and not pay. You'll get in trouble."

Flustered, Xiumin pouted and scratched his head. "The cakes were so delicious that I didn't notice how much I'm eating. Usually, Suho would pay for it. But now, he went missing. I was really hungry..."

"You're always hungry," added Luhan. "I can't blame you though. It's part of growing up."

[Xiumin] "Part of growing up?

Luhan nodded, "Yes. I have been there. When I was sixteen, I ate a lot, too."

[Xiumin] "Sixteen?"

"Yes. Why? How old are you now?" asked Luhan innocently.

[Xiumin] "I'm 24."

[Luhan] =.= No way.

"I'm telling the truth," Xiumin asserted. "I am 24. I am actually the eldest among us. They just don't acknowledge it."

[Luhan] .......

[Xiumin] *blinks

[Luhan] o.o?

[Xiumin] *blink blink

[Luhan] O.o?

[Xiumin] :')

After a while, Luhan finally sighed. "Looking at you now, I can say that you look like fifteen."

Xiumin shook his head. "See? Even you don't acknowlege that I'm older. Is it because of my cute face?" He grinned while anticipating Luhan's answer.

Luhan just chuckled as a response. He then flicked his wrist to see the time on his watch. "It's time to go." He turned to Xiumin who was already eyeing a cotton candy store nearby. "Xiumin, I need to go to school now. Where will you be going?"

Without looking at Luhan, he replied, "With you. I'll go to school with you."

"I have my ARTS class. You can't come with me," answered Luhan. He thought for a second and added, "Why don't you join your brothers?"

"No. No brothers," replied Xiumin with intentness. "I will go with you, Luhannie." He then turned to grab Luhan's plastic bag. "Let's go!" Just like that, he walked off.

Luhan snorted as he followed. 

When Xiumin suddenly stopped, Luhan also paused abruptly before he stumbled over the foodie cupid. Xiumin turned to him.

"What is it?" asked Luhan.

Xiumin smirked, "You'll be mine for today."


University~

Luhan was walking along the hallway with Xiumin who was busy checking Luhan's art materials. He wasn't paying attention that he bumped into someone and fell. Luhan immediately helped him. 

[Luhan] Watch where you go.

[Xiumin] I'm sorry, Luhannie!

They gathered Luhan's art materials scattered on the floor. The person he bumped into turned to them and scowled.

"What an idiot!"

When Luhan looked up, he gulped deliberately.

Of all the people, why him? he thought anxiously. 

It was Ren, the big bully in the university whose hobbies are; one, bully Luhan every time; two, bully Luhan's friends every time; and three bully Luhan (again) every time.

"Look what we have here! It's the introvert turned famous... and a kid?" Ren began. "I wasn't able to give you a tap in the shoulder for your wonderful performance last time. Here, I'll make it up to you." He was about to hit Luhan when Xiumin held his wrist. 

"What are you trying to do with Luhannie?" he asked. 

Ren shoved him away and turned to Luhan once again.

"HEY." Xiumin grabbed his hand; this time, firmly. Ren was about to swing a punch when he felt numbness in his arm. He frowned in pain as his skin turned red and stiff. Sweat dripped on the side of his face. Luhan saw his expression and turned to Xiumin who was sporting a cold expression. The grip was getting tighter every second.

"Xiumin," Luhan pulled him away from Ren. "Don't do that."

"But he's bullying you, Luhannie," Xiumin insisted, not letting go of the grip. Ren was now turning pale in so much pain.

"No... we'll get in so much trouble. Please, let him go now," plead Luhan.

Xiumin moped as he let go of the big bully. He turned to him with a threatening look on his face. "Don't do that again or I'll give you more of that."

Ren scoffed and pushed them away as he passed by. 

[Person] "Mister Bully, where do you think you're going? Don't you think you're too old to play children's game?"

The students stopped and whispered to each other. "Here comes [real] trouble." (I got a boy reference?lol) "Good luck, Ren." "Uh-oh. Here we go again."

Ren froze upon hearing the voice. He was hesitant to look back and slowly started walking again.

[Person] "STOP RIGHT THERE."

That was the sign for the bully to retreat and ran away. 

The person sighed while the students continued buzzing. She then turned to Luhan and Xiumin. She arched her eyebrows when she saw Luhan. "You again? It seems that Ren is really having a good time playing games with you."

Luhan just lowered his head while Xiumin looked at the person with wondrous eyes.

[Person] "I don't know what to do with Ren anymore. *sighs* If he does something again, please tell me immediately. I'm at the student council office at room 9. Understood?" 

Luhan nodded hastily. 

"Excuse me." She then walked away and the students returned to their own business.

Xiumin whispered to Luhan, "Who was that?"

"She's the student council president. I heard her name is Emi," replied Luhan in a low voice. "She's a bit scary, isn't she?" 

"Kinda," uttered Xiumin. He then shrugged. But Luhan wasn't done yet.

"What did you do to Ren? He looked like he was in a lot of pain," inquired Luhan. They started walking again. Xiumin just smiled at him in reply.

When they reached Luhan's lecture room, the two find their seats and settled down. Luhan looked around as he pulled out his materials. He glanced beside him and noticed someone missing.

She's not here, he thought. 

The class then started. Luhan was busy listening to his instructor while Xiumin was also busy watching him. He would give the latter a side-eye to make him stop but Xiumin was enjoying his view too much to the point that he forgot the thought about food when he's gazing at Luhan. 

After an hour, the class ended and the students hurriedly went out to take their lunch. 

At the cafeteria~

"What do you want, Xiumin?" asked Luhan while trying to pick his lunch.

There was a variety of food that they can choose.

[Luhan] Pasta?

[Xiumin] Yes!

"One pasta, please," Luhan ordered. "Do you want something else?"

Xiumin pointed a platter, "That one, too!"

(cr: Cafezufas.com)

"An additional grilled sandwich, please," Luhan added. "What about your drinks?"

[Xiumin] And that one!

(cr: Aubonpain.com)

[Xiumin] That one!

 

[Xiumin] This one, too!

"Uhm...Xiumin? Unfortunately, I am not as wealthy as your brother. I think I don't have enough money for that," said Luhan wearily. He checked his wallet and nodded, "Yes. Confirmed. You just choose a drink."

Xiumin pouted. "Hmhm... alright. I want milktea, please."

Luhan nodded, "Plus two milktea." He gave the payment, brought the food with them and sat on an empty table.

The students around were murmuring; staring at Luhan and giggling. Girls were gazing at him like an eye-candy while Xiumin just ate happily. 

[Luhan] Xiumin.

[Xiumin] *nom nom Hm?

[Luhan] Why don't you eat slowly? You might choke on that.

[Xiumin] hm okay...

He paused for a second and leaned closer to Luhannie, "Here. Open your mouth, Luhannie."

Luhan moved away from him and shook his head, "N-no. You don't need to do that."

The studens around them looked shock and their jaws slowly dropped at the sight.

"It's fine. Let me feed you," Xiumin insisted. "It's my way of saying thank you for saving me at the mall."

Luhan gently pushed his hand away and sighed. He awkwardly smile and uttered faintly, "Don't worry about it, Xiumin. It's-- I don't feel right. People are staring at us."

Xiumin turned around and surveyed the place. Luhan was right. Both girls and boys were eyeing them with judging eyes. Some girls even held on each other's hand in apprehension, thinking that Luhan and Xiumin might be a couple. 

Xiumin suddenly announced, "Who wants to feed Luhannie?!"

The female students rose from their seats in excitement. Luhan felt so embarrassed he wanted to ran away. 

"Well sorry. You can't," Xiumin added teasingly. "It's my job."

There was a loud "AHHHH" of disappointment.

[Luhan] What are you doing?! 

[Xiumin] Making them feel bad. 

He then winked at Luhan who just face-palmed himself at his response.

While Xiumin was eating the last piece of the grilled cheese sandwich, a flyer got stuck on his face all of a sudden. He quickly pulled it away and read:

For all you foodies out there: FREE SAMPLE @ IFL cafe today! 4 PM at Xinja street.

Free tasting of our original cupcakes, strawberry shortcakes, banoffee pies, coffee drinks and more!

Come with your friends and enter a mini-contest for a chance to win a bag of goodies and delights!

                                                                Don't miss the fun! See you at our place!

Xiumin's smile was indescribable. He beamed at Luhan and the latter knew right away what will happen next. 

After his class, he found himself at IFL cafe with the excited Xiumin. The arrived late so they have to make way through a mob of people to be able to come inside. The aroma of the cafe was so enticing for Xiumin that he can't help but sniff everywhere. He saw the free sample cakes at the counter and dashed. 

[Xiumin] Tasty!!!!!

Luhan went after him and tried one. He smiled in delight. "True! This is good!"

[Xiumin] Let's try that pie!

They tried the deserts one after the other. Luhan was happily munching his sweets with Xiumin who almost swallow the fruits in one go. Not long, the host announced the start of the contest.

[Host] We need five participants for this contest and the first one to come up here on stage will be the ones who can join!

Before the host finish the instruction, Xiumin was already on the stage, waving merrily at Luhan. The latter looked around and find a seat to watch.

AHHHHHH!!!! Why are you here?! 

[Xiumin] Huh? Sehun?

Sehun, Chen and Chanyeol were all on the same stage as Xiumin, ready to participate in the contest. 

[Chen] I know I'll see you here, Xiumin.

[Xiumin] Of course. I can't miss this. I'm with Luhannie. He's over there.

"Don't tell me this is the important mission Chanyeol was telling me," Luhan murmured as he shook his head. He was chuckling in amusement. He glanced at Xiumin who was waving at him; now with Sehun who was so glad to see him.

"Hannie! I'll win this match for you. You can get all the candies you want," declared Sehun while the host was trying to shut him up.

Chanyeol, on the other hand, went down and sat beside Luhannie. "This is Sehun's fault. I shouldn't be here."

Luhan patted his shoulder and replied teasingly, "It's okay, Chanyeol. This is an important mission. I really understand."

The cupid moped, "Luhannie! Don't say that. I feel shameful."

Luhan chuckled as he continued patting his shoulder.

Before the contest began, the host explained the rules to the contestants.

[Host] The first one to tell all the ingredients just by tasting this banoffee pie will win! Are you ready? Let's begin!!!

It didn't take long and Xiumin was already ahead of everyone. Sehun was hitting his head to give a correct answer. The others were also struggling to give the ingredients. In the end, it's the foodie Xiumin who won a bag of goodies, a box of chocolates and a dozen assorted candy canes.

Sehun was so disappointed that he just sat on the stage even after everyone started leaving. 

The victorious Xiumin immediately joined Luhan and his brothers outside the cafe. 

[Luhan] You did great, Xiumin!

Xiumin smiled shyly. He handed the box of chocolate to Luhan. "Take this, Luhannie."

Luhan beamed and happily accepted. "Thanks!" He then opened it and tried one piece before sharing the rest to Chen and Chanyeol. 

Luhan was enjoying the mouth-watering piece that he didn't notice the cupids watching him happily devour his chocolate. His enjoyment radiated and he looked so pleasing in the eyes of everyone in the cafe, especially the cupids. They were staring at him in a trance-like manner. 

[Chen] Uh-oh. You shouldn't do that, Luhannie.

[Chanyeol] O.O

[Xiumin] O.O -.- O.O :') Sweeeeet as honey.

Sehun was in a daze as he tiptoed behind to join them.

When they saw a bit of chocolate smudged on Luhan's chin, they reached out at the same time to wipe it out. Until someone did it first. He brushed his finger across Luhan's chin and nibbled it afterwards.

"Hmhm... this is good. I want one. Can you give me some, Lulu?" 


Author's note: Food + these two cuties.. xD The featured song is so cute. Fits them perfectly (I think). ^^, 

Who do you think is the next cupid? 

Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions below.

Thanks for reading.