Love hunt: At the beach (ep 2)

Stupid CUPID!

 

 

Love Hunt (cont.):It takes two to tango!

Featured song: TWO by Lenka ^^

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

~Back in Luhan’s room~

“Awww!”

Luhan yelped when he twisted his ankle, as he stepped on floor.

“You alright?!” Kai asked him, who immediately took his hands off of Luhan’s waist when he realized their awkward position.

“NO!”

Kai stepped backward as Luhan screamed in his face. So close.

Luhan was limping to reach his bed. “My ankle… ouch…”

“Let me see,” Kai draw nearer to him as he checked on the twisted part. He held it tightly [unintentionally] that made Luhan flicked and kicked Kai on the face. “Oops!  I’m sorry.” As Luhan bent down to help the other, a sudden gush of wind shoved him to fall on top of the grumpy cupid.

 

“AAAAAHHHHH! What have I done?!”

 

Sehun screamed when he saw Hannie on top of Kai who just laid there on the floor in surprise.

The carefree cupid who’s fond of flying and chasing after Luhan, carried the latter in the air as he removed him from Kai.

“Mine!” He pouted as his nostrils flare in jealousy.

“You! How did you know--- how did you get here so fast?!” Luhan asked him. “And can you please put me down?”

“I know where my Hannie goes,” he responded with a beam on his face.

Kai managed to stand up on his own and tried to catch Sehun, “What’s with you?!!”

[Sehun] “That’s my question. Why did you steal Hannie?”

[Kai] “You were running after him, idiot.”

Luhan interrupted the two, “Right. Why were you chasing after me? I also saw Lay and Xiumin. Baekhyun, too!”

Kai suddenly turned away from him.

[Sehun] “Well… YOU LOOK SO GOOD! That’s why we chased you. Hihihihi!”

[Luhan] “Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah?!” What kind of cupids are these guys, really?!

The grumpy cupid sat on the bed and sighed, “That was nothing. We were just being playful.”

[Luhan] Oh yeah? Playful to the point that you have to drag me back here in my room? I was supposed to swim and enjoy!

[Kai] Wrong! You were supposed to find your girl.

Luhan fell silent.

Sehun came closer to him and spoke like a possessive child, “Don’t say that Kai. You are pressuring, Hannie.” He fondled with Luhan’s hair. “Don’t worry, Hannie. Let’s go back there and enjoy the beach.”

Luhan who was sporting a long face turned to Sehun; his eyes were pleading, “Can we? I really want to swim!”

Sehun was having a heart attack because of his cuteness, “Oh my feels! Of course we can. Let’s go!”

Kai grabbed Sehun’s pants before the latter can take off. “Not so fast, kid.”

[Sehun] “Who you calling a kid?!”

Kai pointed him; his fingers buried on Sehun’s nose. “You.”

[Sehun] Pfft Whatever.  

The youngest reached out for Luhan and soon enough, they're gone. Kai, on the other hand, just stayed instead of going back to the beach. He jumped on Luhan's bed to think. "Why did we act like that? Why US? I'm getting all confused now!" 

At the beach~

"You're back!" Baekhyun screamed in excitement when he saw Luhan.

He nodded, shyly. 

[Baekhyun] "Why are you getting shy all of a sudden?"

Luhan frowned at him, "Because you chased me?" 

Lay laughed. "You're so awkward, Luhannie. That makes you cuter." 

[Chanyeol] *coughs Alrightyyyyyyyyy. Now that Luhannie is back, we can continue with the love hunt.

Sehun held Luhan's arm and uttered with demand, "NO. Hannie will go swimming with me first. Love hunt will come later"  He turned to Luhan who was staring at Sehun with utmost doubt and confusion. 

[Suho] Hey. Don't forget about the mission. You're getting out of track. 

[Kris] Ah-huh.

Kris nodded as he reminded Sehun; he sat on the bench with his legs crossed. 

Sehun just snorted.

Luhan was waiting for them to finish their little arguments when he felt something on his back. When he tried to peek through his peripheral vision, Xiumin was munching his hair.

"AHHHH?!" he jumped out of shock. [Lulu defense position activated] "What-are-you-doing?"

They turned to Luhan who was freaking out. 

[Xiumin] I was just having a taste....

Without finishing his sentence, Kris carried Xiumin away. Chanyeol just face-palmed himself.

While Luhan and the rest enjoyed their time swimming, Baekhyun took pictures of Luhannie in the water. He sighed in deep admiration, "Can't we just forget about the love hunt? Luhannie is really..."

Suho suddenly interrupted Baeki's conversation with himself, "No. We can't forget about the love hunt."

Baekhyun turned around and saw Suho standing behind him. The latter was holding a glass of wine.

[Suho] We are the ones who will help him, not FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM.

[Baekhyun] I get your point there, brother, but why are you drinking wine this early? 

[Suho] Oh? This? This was given to me by a young lady over there.

Baekhyun looked towards the direction of the said lady.

[Baekhyun] Oh. She looks nice, doesn't she?

Suho nodded, "I was thinking of introducing her to Luhannie."

Baekhyun gasped for air., "NOOOOOOOO."

Suho frowned at him, "What? WHY?"

"Well... I mean..you can...maybe later?" Baekhyun replied stuttering.

Suho stared at him, doubting. Baekhyun raised both of his hands in the air, "Alright! Do what you want. I'm just worried for him. I was just thinking that we should also spend time with Luhannie since it's in one of our hands that the beginnings of love will bloom. Trust, brother, trust. We need him to trust us."

[Suho] /sigh/ I know that. But we should make this fast before we totally lose our mind along the way. 

He then turned away and left Baekhyun with a glum expression. 

On the other side, Tao and Lay were lazily sitting on the sand while watching Sehun swimming non-stop after Luhan.

[Tao] I want to join them. Tsk. That damn Sehun.

Lay yawned, "Me too. I am sleepy already. I am still waiting for my turn to spend time with Luhannie." 

[Tao] /sigh/ By the way, where's the grumpy one? 

Tao searched around. "Where's Kai?"

Lay just yawned once again, "I don't know... maybe....he's ...."

He dropped on the sand and quickly fell asleep.

[Tao] Right. You finally gave in. But at least, one competition down. 

He grinned while leaving Lay behind as he went to the sea to join Sehun and Luhan.

[Sehun] "You go away, Tao!" 

[Tao] Hey! When did you become so uptight?! I just want to talk to Luhannie.

[Sehun] Mine!

Tao splashed a water on him, "He's not yours!"

[Sehun] I kissed him so that means he's mine.

Hearing those words, Luhan turned to them, blushing. He can't help but scream, "Yah! You said that's how you greet people. Don't remind me about that incident."

[Tao] So he did kiss you, Lulu! 

Tao was displeased. 

Embarrassed, Luhan just dived in the water and left the two strangling each other. 

Late afternoon~

After the plea for him to have sometime with himself, Luhan finally got a chance to stroll along the beach alone. He's feeling rather tired due to the nonstop arguements of Tao and Sehun. I was supposed to find someone I might be interested with them, he thought. But all they do is fight over petty things. I'm starting to doubt if they can really help me. 

Thinking deeply, Luhan bowed his head as he walks along the shore. Instead of enjoying the view, he thought of many things. He wasn't paying attention until he bumped into someone. 

Ahhh here I go again with the clumsiness, he thought. Let fate be my guide. This might be my soulmate after all. He slowly lifted his head to see who he bumped into.

There, Kai was staring back at him.

"I don't think so," Luhan murmured, totally embarrassed with himself for thinking something inappropriate. 

"What's that?" Kai asked him as he walked closer to Luhan who looks so down and troubled. The latter just shook his head in reply.

Wrong direction, Luhan, he thought. Ignoring Kai, he turned to the opposite way where he saw Sehun approaching him with a serious face. It made Luhan arched his eyebrows in surprise. "What's up with him now?."

As Sehun pulled his hand, Kai grabbed Luhan by his shirt. 

[Sehun] Mine.

[Kai] With me.

They almost chorused as Luhan closed his eyes and sighed in confusion. 

"What the hell is going on with you, two?!"

 

-to be continued-

===================================================================================================

Author's note: Out of the blue, there goes a bizarre love triangle. Whohoho two gorgeous *coughs but troublesome cupids in every angle [not to mention the rest]. What will you do, Lulu?