Every Little Thing

Stupid CUPID!

Featured song: Everlasting Sunset by Juniel


“Alright, boys. You got me. Yes, I was the one who created that Luhan clone to test you,” revealed Xyke. She was on her throne, being cornered by her sons, while her husband watched them across the grand hall. Chanyeol wasn’t paying attention to her explanation; same with Sehun, Xiumin and Tao.

The cupid who controls time sighed and expressed his disappointment, “I knew something’s wrong with Lulu; how he tried to kiss me…” Tao held his chest tight. “How I wish Lulu would do that to me in reality.”

Xyke shook her head and caught the rest of his sons, arriving. Baekhyun walked with head lowered while DO follow behind with a zombie expression.

“I was testing you if you really have good intentions with Luhannie. You might be my children but… really, I can’t really trust growing boy like you,” Xyke laughed mischievously. Qupid snorted and cleared his throat. “What she was trying to say is, if your feeling for the human is mere physical attraction, then you have to realize it now before you get into more trouble. And the way you reacted, well, it somehow tell us how you really see that Luhannie.” Xyke observed Qupid as he continued to explain. He turns very serious when it comes to this topic. Fatherly instinct probably. But after a while, he finally exposed a smile and gave his word. “Boys, all I want for you is to find your true love; maybe not now, but someday. Trust me. I also had a rough time with love even though I am responsible for helping people. I didn’t give up and so….” Qupid glanced at Xyke. “…I found her. Despite the craziness, I don’t have regrets. I am very happy to have your mother and all of you, of course.”

The cupids just looked at each other; some have confused faces while the rest just sighed, still thinking about Luhan and not really listening to their father’s short speech.

“By the way,” Chanyeol began. “Where’s KAI?”

 

 “Wha- Kai! What are you doing?” The cupid coiled his arm across Luhan’s chest and tugged him, making them fall sloppily on the bed. “Your mother went to work right?” asked Kai as he fastened Luhan down. The latter elbowed him and sat up quickly. ‘Yes. But that doesn’t mean you can—ahhhh KAIIII!”

“Hahaha! Stop struggling. I just want to kiss you.”

“You have been kissing me for a long time now. I need air,” Luhan shoved him away. “Besides, I am getting hungry. I want to eat something. What about you?”

Kai sighed, “I’m not hungry. But if you cook me something, then I will gladly eat it.”

"You'll gladly it eat? Anything I cook?" Luhan smirked. "Alright. I'll do it then."

Luhan dragged Kai out of his room to the kitchen. He was chuckling while picking the cooking utensils on the shelf while Kai leaned over the counter and watch him amusingly. He knew Luhan was planning to make him eat something terrible, but he was feeling rather excited than fearful. "Do you need help?" he asked. Luhan glanced at him and shook his head. "It's fine. Just wait there." He curled his lips to the side and turned around with a sly expression. 

After a while, Luhan put a steaming hot bowl on the table. Jongin peaked and gulped, "Uhm.... what is this?"

"Beef stew," answered Luhan casually. He sat beside Kai who was now regretting his idea of eating Luhan's dish. 

"Not eating?" asked Luhan with a victorious tone. He was already sure that Kai would back out and slowly pulled the bowl away from the cupid when the latter held his hand. Luhan took a glimpse of the cupid in surprise. "I'm eating it," Kai said confidently. "Give me a spoon and I'll eat that in one go."

Luhan's mouth slowly opened. "Are you sure?"

"Why? You cooked it for me. Why wouldn't I eat it, Luhannie?" he leaned closer and challenged him.

Luhan smiled awkwardly. He slowly let go of the bowl and got the spoon. Kai grinned at him while mixing the "unexplainable" soup. He glanced at the bowl and gulped once again, but then proved how a man he is.

*Slurped 

Kai arched his head back and flicked his tongue. "Damn....That--was--good..." He swallowed the whole thing and smiled, but his eyes were red and watery. 

Luhan felt guilty all of a sudden. He quickly prepared a glass of water and gave it to the cupid. "I'm sorry," he murmured. 

Kai drank his water and burped. He then rubbed his belly and sighed. "You were making fun of me, weren't you?"

"I didn't expect you to eat the whole thing," Luhan replied. 

Kai just shrugged and snorted. He watched Luhan fell in guilt. "My stomach hurts," he furthered. "I feel....bad... really really bad."

Luhan frowned and sulked. 

"It really hurts," exaggerated Kai. "I need a medicine for this."

Luhan stood up immediately, "Right! A medicine. I'll get it." He was about to leave the area when Kai swung around and pinned him on the fridge. Luhan gulped as Kai looked at him with angry eyes. "I'm sorry," the guilty repeated. "I just need to get the remedy."

"Then kiss me," whispered Kai as he leaned near Luhan's ear. "It'll make everything better."

Luhan rolled his eyes, realizing what the cupid was aiming for. "Silly..." He slightly lowered his head and hid his blushing face as he chuckled while Kai rested his lips on the former's forehead. His arms circled around Luhan's back. Kai knows; he just couldn't get enough of Luhan.

"Don't hold back," muttered Kai. 

Luhan slowly closed his eyes and smiled. The cupid pulled him closer until their lips touched. Electric. Luhan could feel his stomach churning at the very moment he felt Kai's lips engulfed him. His own arms dangled on the cupid's shoulder. He didn't even care of the possibility that someone might see them through the window. He just let Kai carry him into an enchanting feeling. 

Kai slowly pulled away and mumbled, "Hold on tight. I'll take you somewhere."

In a blink of an eye, Luhan found himself lying on a thin and delicate silk, hanging above a towering tree in an unknown place. They were in a hammock. Kai was above him and quietly his face. His touch lingers; it's gentle and warm. He then leaned his head on Luhan's chest. 

"Look that way," Kai whispered. Luhan caped through the silk and the beautiful sky, showered with colors of blue, purple and pink was casted in his eyes. "Beautiful..." uttered Luhan. 

"I brought you here because this is the one place on Earth I found almost similar to where I live; the scenery and the peaceful ambiance," explained Kai. "I wish I could let you see my home... but it's just impossible."

Luhan was deeply impressed and flattered. He expressed his feelings by giving Kai a sweet kiss on the latter's chin. 

"Promise me that you'll hold on," muttered Kai. "No matter what happens. You'll stay by my side, Luhan, because trust me, I don't have any plans of letting you go."

Luhan nodded and clung to him. 

.

.

"It's getting darker. Let's go back home, shall we?" initiated Luhan. Kai immediately smiled and agreed. He was about to press his lips against the later once again when a loud thud surprised both of them. They were back in Luhan's room and realized they're not alone.

"What are you doing?" Chanyeol was looking at them, bewildered. 

Luhan and Kai stood there motionless for a while. Still in shock, Luhan noticed another cupid lurking behind the door: Xiumin. Kris then popped near him.

"What's the meaning of this, Kai?" inquired Chanyeol with a demanding voice. He shifted his stare from Luhan to Kai. 

Luhan waited for Kai to do something. The cupid will most probably use his teleportation power for them to escape, but Kai remained motionless. He just stood still while staring back at Chanyeol. Xiumin's face was full of pained expression while Kris, who already knew about Luhan's feelings back then, observed quietly. He glanced at Chanyeol who was slowly losing his temper. He could feel the latter's warmth from where he stands. Not a good sign.

Since Kai wasn't answering, Chanyeol turned to Luhan and asked the same question.

Luhan looked at him with heavy eyes.

Chanyeol could only sigh. At the back of his mind, he knows what's going on. He's just in denial. Kris can read the tension-filled atmosphere and decided to but in.

"I think it's clear what's going on here," he spoke with a calm tone. "Did you finally say yes to him, Luhannie?"Chanyeol and Xiumin looked at him, stunned, at his direct words.

For the first time, the cupids saw how Luhan leaned to Kai like he was the only person he trusted. He clasped on the cupid's hand tighter and looked at them with an assured expression.

Chanyeol shut his eyes as Luhan slowly opened his mouth to speak.


Author's note: Update update! More KaiLu lovin'~ ^^  KrisYeolMin though. I hear hearts breaking into pieces.

Feel free to leave your comments below.

Thanks for reading.