Realizations: KaiLu Episode

Stupid CUPID!

 "An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."


                                                           

Featured song:  "Heaven" by Ailee


The next day~ 4 pm. Seoul Univ.

"Can you bear the thought of losing Luhan in the process?"

"What will you do, Kai?"

Kai sighed the nth time. He scrunched his hair up due to the strong wind that was obstructing him from watching the sky freely. He was lying down on the rooftop in one of the university buildings.  He was trying his best not to close his eyes despite the blinding sun rays, for every time he does, he sees someone's face vividly. The vision is too clear that his heart would beat abnormally and weighs heavy on his chest.  Not a pleasant feeling especially when he can't do anything about it because he's afraid of the consequences: rejection for instance.

He abruptly sat up and gritted his teeth in annoyance before letting out another sigh. 

.......

.......

"Ahhhh!" He messed his hair forcibly and curled up in a ball to hide his face. "Luhan.Luhan.Luhan. Pull yourself together, Kai."

.....

A few moments later, he lifted his head, bit his lower lip and finally stood up. He was pacing back and forth; scratching his head from time to time. 

"Tsk. Shoud I? I can't mess this up.." 

 

 The grumpy cupid breathed deeply before he looked up and murmured,

"But I can't let him go either...."

 

Meanwhile, from another rooftop, Chen and Chanyeol were both observing the puzzled Kai. 

"You pushed him hard, Chen," Chanyeol began.

"I just made it clear to him," replied the latter. "Sooner or later, he has to do it. Kai, whether he denies it or not, he is starting to think maturely when it comes to Luhan. He's in love, Channie."

Chanyeol wrinkled his forehead and responded, "Aren't you?"

Chen chuckled, "Let's talk about Kai's case, shall we? I have already explained my side."

Chanyeol nodded and continued, "Truthfully, I don't know what to do anymore. I never thought it would end up like this. All we wanted was for Luhannie to find that special someone. But now, the tables turned and I'm worried for everyone."

"You have been pushing the love hunt until now, haven't you?" I saw what you were trying to do with Emi."

"She seems to be a good and brave person. I believe that she could also be a good match for Luhannie, aside from Mei Lin. And yes, Chen. Up until now, I am trying my best to find that someone. That's our mission after all."

Chen smirked, "What if that one person is one of us? Have you ever considered that? You're the one who is pushing it too hard. The mission is over, Chanyeol. When Sehun transformed, it was a clear sign that everything will turn out the other way. You can't stop them. You know you can't do anything about their feelings."

Chanyeol fell silent. He glanced at the rooftop where Kai was. 

No one's there.


FLASHBACK~

Luhan entered the room with a happy disposition while carrying the hamster house. He immediately place it gently on his desk, put his bag on the floor and took off his face mask. 

"Welcome to your new home," he whispered to the hamster who was hiding inside the hamster igloo. Luhan sat down and waited for his new pet come out. "Hmhm... what should I call you?" asked Luhan while thinking excitedly. 

"Damn! I'm really stuck. What the hell should I do now?" thought the grumpy hamster. He slightly peeped outside the small igloo and saw Luhan. "This is his fault."

"AH!" Luhan suddenly exclaimed. "Kimmy! I will call you Kimmy."

"Kimmy. Pffft," Kai scoffed. "Ugly name."

"You will be my friend from now on," uttered Luhan. He opened the cage and reached out for the hiding hamster. When Kai saw this, an idea popped in his mind. He smirked.

"Let me teach this dork a lesson." He slowly crawled out of th igloo, wobbling, as he was obviously not used in that body he's in. Luhan's hand was in front of him and he immediately bit it hard. That's for giving me a hard time, Kai thought.

"It's okay. You don't have to be scared. Come on, I won't hurt you," Luhan uttered softly.

"WHa-what?!" Kai stopped chewing his finger. He looked at Luhan with a confused expression which made the latter smile even more.

"You're so cute, Kimmy. Come here," said Luhan as he gently lifted the hamster up and out of the cage. Kai now found himself sitting on Luhan's delicate palm. He glanced at the area where he bit; it was bleeding slightly. Luhan then wiped his eye and said in a crackling voice, "That actually hurts..."

Kai felt guilty all of a sudden. The dork was controlling his tears from the pain he inflicted because he wanted a pay back. He sniffed and transfered Kai on his other palm. The grumpy hamster was staring at him as Luhan cleared the blood from his finger. He looked so fragile at that moment; easing out the pain all by himself. Though the cut was not too deep, Luhan continued to tear-up and Kai realized how sensitive he was.

For the next days, Kai would just moped inside his cage. During the mornings, the grumpy head would sleep and get bored. Luhan returns home during the afternoon. He will then feed him at night.

"I can't believe I'm eating hamsters' food," complained Kai while munching the sunflower seed. 

After doing his school work, Luhan will usually take a shower and prepare for bed. But before he sleeps, he would take Kimmy out from his cage and play with him.

Kai just follow whatever he wants; uninterested and still pissed about his current situation.

One night, Luhan carried Kai to his bed. He was the latter's head while humming.

"This actually feels good," uttered Kai as his eyes narrow. He was starting to fall asleep.

"Kimmy," Luhan called softly. "Are you sleepy already?"

Kai burrowed his head on Luhan's fingers. 

"I guess you are." Luhan sighed and Kai noticed it. He looked up and stared at Luhan for a while. 

"I don't know why people hurt me so much," he began. "Why do they keep on judging me?" He deliberately cleared his eyes from tears. Not long, Kai found himself wet and soak in tears. He panicked and wasn't sure what to do. It was the first time he saw someone feeling so down and troubled.

"He's really crying," the grumpy head thought. Kai listened to Luhan's sentiments intently despite the urge to sleep. He can't fully grasped what's happening. He has many questions in mind: Is this guy for real? Talking to animals like this? Is he desperate? Is he crazy? Why would he cry so much? What should I do? Can I do something to stop him? And why am I starting to worry...?

Luhan shared about what happened to him in school; students judging him, bullies, no friends, loneliness. At that point, Kai discovered another thing about Luhan, the person he has chosen to help but can't seize to blame and curse because of his situation. For the first time, Kai felt a genuine sympathy for him. 

When the sobbing stopped, Kai watched as Luhan made his way to the desk. He knew that Luhan would bring him back to his own little house. Before he was let go, Kai held Luhan's finger with his tiny arms and furrowed his head. He was going for a kiss.

Luhan was surprised at first but eventually smiled at the gesture. "That's sweet, Kimmy." He rubbed Kai's back and put him down. He then went to his bed and sleep.

Kai was motionless for a second, watching Luhan from afar. His blank face slowly formed a frown. 

"What did I just do?"

 

After weeks of being together, Kai finally understood what kind of person Luhan is; he looks cute but he lacks confidence; he likes to read but acts like an idiot and is definitely a klutz; he loves animals; he likes to dance as well, but in secret. Painting is his hobby. He is into arts. Introvert.

Though he still has the "I'm pissed at you but I think I care" mentality, he was starting to admire Luhan; whether he admits it or not. He has a bond with him and Luhan acknowledges it. He eventually forgot that he is supposed to be doing a mission.

 

When his brothers finally realized where he was, they appeared in Luhan's room and told Kai to do the introduction. It was time for them to tell Luhan about the love hunt. 

"What will happen to me?" asked Kai to his older brother, Chanyeol. 

"You'll turn back into a human," the latter answered. "It must have been hard for you to stay in that tiny body for weeks."

"What about the hamster?" Kai further inquired.

"He'll be set free," replied Suho. "That's how it goes. Don't worry too much. I am sure Lu-- wait, what was his name again?"

"Luhan."

"Oh--yeah. I think Luhan won't mind as long as we tell him," continued Suho,

"You're wrong," refuted Kai. "He needs me."

Suho fell silent.

"I mean, me as Kimmy. It will sadden him if Kimmy disappears," explained Kai. 

Kris cleared his throat and added, "But that's the only way for you to get back to your original form. Do you want to stay as a hamster forever? Or do you want to help Luhan with his lack of love?"

Kai retreated and kept quiet. After sometime, he finally agreed.


At present~

Kai walked through the hallway, searching for Luhan. It was 4:30 and he was sure that latter's class has ended already. He went to the lecture room to find Luhan having a conversation with Mei Lin. 

He stopped at the doorway.

"I was sick for days that's why I haven't been around. I actually missed going to class," said Mei Lin as she thumbed through her hair. Luhan was sitting across her, maintaining a comfortable distance between them. He smiled shyly while nodding. 

"I'm -- sorry about last time," he started. "There was an important thing..."

Mei Lin shook her head. "It's fine. Don't worry. Your friend, Chanyeol, told me about it."

"Yah.." I just ended the conversation. Now what? Luhan glanced at Mei Lin who immediately smiled and took out a canvass and placed it on the desk, "Look at this."

Luhan leaned forward to see it clearly. "You did that?"

"Yes," answered Mei Lin. 

Luhan looked at the canvass for a while. He then smiled and uttered faintly, "It's beautiful."

Mei Lin stared at him momentarily before she replied, "Thank you."

When Luhan lifted his head and faced her, their eyes met. And at that very moment, Kai took a step backward. Mei Lin was holding that gaze while Luhan watched her calm expression. Her eyes were starting to narrow while Luhan's got even bigger by the second. He gulped as he leaned back. 

Luhan looked away and surveyed the room when his eyes caught Kai, staring back at him at the doorway. He paused. Mei Lin saw his reaction and turned to where Luhan was looking. 

"It's your friend," she uttered softly.

"Oh-hm..yah," replied Luhan. He wasn't really sure what he's doing but he stood up and excused himself to approach Kai. "What are you doing here?"

.....

"Kai?"

"No... nothing. I just passed by," he murmured. He glanced at Mei Lin who was watching them. "You..can go back now. She's waiting."

Luhan tilted his head slightly to see Mei Lin. He pursed his lips and sighed shortly, "Is that so?" 

Kai was overwhelmed by what he saw that he didn't notice Luhan's expression; the latter was still waiting for him to say something. 

.....

But nothing came out of the cupid's mouth.

"Okay," Luhan finally uttered. As he turned around, Kai squeezed his eyes shut and hastily walked away. Luhan was listening to his footsteps as he went off. 


Kai leaned on the rooftop door. He breathed deeply and let out a longer sigh. The sky was starting to dim; a sign of a brewing rainfall. He sat down and started hitting his head. "I'm so stupid. He likes her. I shouldn't get in the way."

 

"Hey Channie, look. Kai' back and is now hitting his head like a child having tantrums," uttered Chen as they watched their brother. 

Chanyeol nodded, "I can see that. Do you think he confessed,..and got rejected?" 

Chen shook his head, "I can't feel that from him." He shut his eyes for a while before he continued, "It's more like...... fear."

"Fear?"

"Fear of rejection," Chen said knowingly. "He haven't confessed. That kid is too scared he can't even make himself talk to Luhan properly."

 

They were watching Kai's movements keenly until it thundered all of a sudden. The brothers looked at each other and decided to leave the area at once before they get soaked.

 

Time flew and it finally rained. Kai wasn't aware of what's going on around him. He just sulked there on the rooftop. Good thing, the doorway has a shade to spare him from getting totally wet.

Kai can't stop thinking about Luhan and Mei Lin. The scene kept repeating in his mind. He would shake his head to distract himself but Chen's words resonate in his ears.

Losing Luhan...

Falling in love with someone else...

He was starting to feel the heavy weight on his chest. His eye-color unconsciouly turning into metallic-gray. 

"Ah damn it!" He rose to his feet and decided to find Luhan again. "Alright. I have to do it."

When he was about to open the door, someone twisted the knob.

Luhan peeked and when they saw each other, they both froze.

[Kai] What are you doing here?

Luhan paused and looked around. "I- uhm.. I was planning to paint. Yes. To paint."

"Here? While it's raining?" Kai searched for his art materials. "But you don't carry anything with you."

Luhan fell silent and smiled awkwardly. He was helplessly trying to find the right words to utter but to no avail. The sound of the rain falling harshly can be heard while the two remained silent for a while.

 

"Hey..." Kai began. 

Luhan immediately lifted his head and answered, "Yes?"

"Were you looking for me?"

Luhan shook his head, "Not really... I was just..."

"What?"

Luhan forced a smile and continued, "I was just roaming around to find Chanyeol and the rest." He grabbed the door knob and added, "I think I have to go now. I'll see you around." He then closed the door and left Kai behind.

The cupid was left speechless after Luhan's obvious lie.

 He walked towards the door, leaned his forehead and slowly closed his eyes. "You're still there, aren't you?" Kai murmured.

Luhan gasped for air.

"I know you're still there, Luhan."

Luhan quietly took a step away from the door. He was holding his breath.

"Luhan..."

Another step.

"..please stay."

Luhan felt weaker. Taking another step seems harder now. He looked back and gulped; imagining Kai's expression when he uttered those words. He breathed in and turned around only to find himself falling in Kai's arms.

"!"

"Are you hurting, too?"

"Kai.."

 "I have been wanting to say this... but I can't find the courage to do so."

He lifted Luhan's face and saw the latter's stunned expression. "I mean what I am about to say so please listen to me..."

*thunders

Luhan's misty eyes got bigger and he felt all his energy draining. 

Kai cupped his cheeks and pressed his lips on his forehead.

*thunders

 

 Xiumin stopped eating his ice cream and frowned. His food turned sour all of a sudden. Lay opened his eyes and sat up abruptly. He was taking a nap in Luhan's room when he felt his head aching. Baekhyun was at the park where he and Luhan visited. He was happily watching the pictures in his camera until they turned to black and white. He stood up and looked around him in confusion. He glanced back at the photos and frowned. Kris was quietly watching the train pass by when Luhan's face appeared in his mind. Sehun was looking for art materials to buy for Luhan when he felt his body shivered. He glanced at the glass window and saw an unfamiliar face. Suho was driving his car and enjoying the rain when he suddenly pulled over to the side. The rainfall was becoming stronger by the minute and it made him worry. D.O was in the library to check some books when he felt an urge to look at the rooftop outside. He can sense Luhan. Chen and Tao were together in the music room. They looked at each other when Chen's voice suddenly cracked while he was singing. The latter cleared his throat and knew what could have happened. 

 

Chanyeol was outside the music room, lighting fire through his palm. A pleasant scene has been playing in his mind for a while now. 

His brothers.

All of them. 

Walking happily together...


Author's note: ......Ahh! KaiLu.. (P.S idk what to say anymore >.<)

Next chapter will be Chanyeol's.

Feel free to leave your comments below.

Thanks for reading.