"Stupid, Cupid!"

Stupid CUPID!

 

F e a t ur e d Song:  Fool (바보) by Juniel ft. YongHwa


"Oh no.." Luhan slowly opened his eyes. He was struggling to breathe with Kai's lips on his. His eyes grew bigger by the second when the latter rolled over and wrapped his arms possessively across his back; not to mention the grunting sound he could clearly hear from Kai.. His blood rushed to his head and his cheeks immediately turned red. It was uncomfortable yet he couldn't look away.

Kai was starting to lose his senses. Luhan wasn't responding, yet, he couldn't stop himself as well.

When the cupid grunted loudly, it was the cue. Luhan got all the chills and quickly moved his head away. Kai's face dropped on the pillow while Luhan twisted his body to get away from the awkward position.

"I'm sorry," Kai murmured. Luhan glanced at him quickly before looking away again. "You mind getting off me, Kai?" 

The cupid didn't move an inch. Instead, he repeated his sorry.

"I didn't keep my words again," Kai sighed. Though he felt bad for losing control, he couldn't help but hold Luhan for a little longer; it's as if there's no way he would let him go. Like what he imagine, Luhan did fit perfectly in his arms. Their nearness fluttered his heart, and it made him wonder if Luhan feels the same way. 

"I don't know how to kiss," mumbled Luhan out of the blue. He almost bit his tongue when he realized what he said. 

Kai fell silent; eyes fixed on Luhan's embarrassed face. 

"What on Earth-?! I wasn't supposed to say that!" Luhan regretted as he slowly tried to escape from the cupid's stomach-churning gaze. Kai, however, fastened his grip on the former's waist. 

"Did I hear that correctly?" he smiled amusingly. 

"I didn't mean to say that," said Luhan defensively. He noticed Kai's restrained laughter and felt rather insulted. "Go ahead. Laugh at me. I'm sorry for being so olivious about these things. You must be thinking how an idiot I am--"

"What are you talking about?" Kai butted in. "I'm not laughing at you just because you don't know how to do it. Why will I make fun of you when me, too, haven't really done it in the past?"

Luhan scowling face faded upon hearing the cupid's words. 

Kai chuckled, "Who would kiss a grumpy cupid like me? I never kissed anyone before, I'm telling you. That's why you don't have to be so worried about kissing me--"

"I'm not worried!" Luhan blurted out. "I was just---I mean to say...It's not like that..."

Kai pursed his lips and smiled which made Luhan look even more pathetic in explaining his point. The latter asserted once more despite the cupid's unbelieving expression, "I was just trying to point out---"

"What?" Kai leaned his forehead against Luhan's. He caressed the latter's red cheeks and furthered, "What were you trying to point out, Luhan?"

"!" Luhan's eyes bulged at the thinning distance between them. "--I was... trying to..."

"What?" repeated Kai with a husky voice.

"--I..was..." With his eyes growing heavy once again, Luhan struggled to think straight and respond. He could feel the cupid's hands creeping through his back. He gulped as Kai lowered his lips, just a few inches away from his. 

"--I...I AM SICK!" Luhan blurted out. "Don't do that. You'll catch a cold!" He shut his eyes, thinking that it would restrain Kai from drawing nearer. But the latter just smirked and replied softly, "It doesn't matter. I'm sick as well."

Luhan was slowly feeling the heights of their closeness and could only close his eyes to avoid the cupid's passionate gaze. If only he could escape. If only his body will follow his mind. If only he has the courage to say no and get away. 

But no. 

It was inevitable.

Whether he likes it or not, he wanted it. The kiss. He wanted it.

"Don't...do it," he mumbled. "I might..."

Kai breathed in and murmured, "I ..love you." He smiled pleasantly, "Do you know how happy I am right now? I haven't seen you for hours but it seemed like forever. Did you miss me?"

Luhan's eyes turned watery. He couldn't understand but Kai's words have their own way to reach his heart. He nodded.

The smile on the cupid's face widened. He uttered, "Are you happy to see me?"

Luhan nodded. He was now feeling so embarrassed.

"Did you wish that I was by your side?"

Luhan once again nodded.

"Do you like me?"

Luhan raised his head and looked at him with bulging eyes. Kai repeated and added, "Don't you think it's time for you finally say it?"

The cornered Luhan gulped and looked away, but it didn't stop the cupid. He cupped his chin and waited for Luhan's answer.

There was silence for a while, until Luhan exhaled deeply and murmured, "I-I like (I don't know what to do anymore...) I-like..(You can do it, Luhan. Just say it already.) I-do..(here I go) I like you.

Luhan could see Kai's blushing face. The cupid, though flattered at the awkward confession, smiled. He followed it up with a relieved chuckle. 

"Finally," Kai brushed  his fingers on Luhan's cheek before he furthered, "Do you want me to kiss you again?"

Luhan's arms slowly coiled up around the cupid's neck. He wasn't sure what he was doing but he just let his feelings dominate him at that moment. His body worked accordingly.

He raised his head and not long, their lips met. They were moving naturally, smoothly. For Luhan, he could feel his heart thumped. He never expected a kiss to be so dreamy. As for Kai, letting go of that moment was the last thing on his mind. Luhan's lips were soft and warm; he was caving in gently... 

Dear!

Luhan twitched after hearing his mother's call. Bad timing. Kai, however, hesitated to let him off. 

Luhan, I'm coming in.

The blanket suddenly obscured Luhan's view of the surrounding. Kai was quick to pull it up and cover them both. As the door opened, Luhan's mother peaked in.

"Dear? Are you feeling better?" she asked. 

"U-hm!" Luhan responded with Kai's lips on top of his. He tugged the cupid's shirt to stop him. The latter just arched his head slightly to see his anxious face. He then went back in.

"!"

Luhan's mother paced towards the bed. He was already sure that they will get caught. He squeezed his eyes shut. She pulled down the blanket and frowned.

"Luhan!"

This is the end. 

"You're all red!" She checked Luhan's forehead. "But..your fever...went down? It seems that your fever subsided." 

Luhan opened his eyes to see his mother sitting beside him. Kai...was nowhere to be found. The concerned lady was happy to see that Luhan's fever went down. She offered to give him a glass of water but Luhan refused politely.

"Don't worry, Mom. I'll get it downstairs," he said. 

"Are you sure?"

Luhan nodded. "Yes."

Afterwards, she left the room and proceeded to her work. Luhan jumped out of bed and exhaled deeply. "Phew!" He stood up and looked around. "Where are you?"

Kai appeared behind him and pulled Luhan in an embrace. "Right here."

"You scared me! Don't do that again! I swear I thought it was over for us," Luhan was now scolding him.

"Over?" Kai rested his head on the latter's shoulder. "No, Luhan. We are just starting." 

Luhan huffed, shook his head and smiled at the cupid's silliness, "You're one stupid Cupid, do you know that?"

Kai cackled, "Oh yes I am." He turned Luhan around and fell into a kiss. 


Sehun was dragging his feet as he walked through the hallway. He came back to his senses not long ago and he decided to check on "Luhan." He was starting to doubt on him and wanted to check on his mother when he suddenly met Lulu with Chanyeol. The latter was trying to get away from Luhan while he rode on his back.

"What the heezy?" mumbled Sehun with a disgusted face.

He observed the two argue for a while until he concluded that the Luhan he's seeing was not real. He thought of his mother's mischievous ways and decided to ask her when a loud popping stopped him.

He looked back to where Chanyeol was and saw him with a bewildered expression. "Luhan" turned into a piece of paper and slowly dropped on the ground. 

"I knew it..." Chanyeol noticed Sehun and turned to him. They looked at each other with a knowing expression, followed by a long sigh.

"Mother..." they chorused.


Author's note: That effin sickness resulted to an abrupt confession. Way to go, KaiLu. Your foolishness wins. xD

'kay. The featured song suits them well so it will be the official theme song of KaiLu in this story. :P lol

Feel free to leave your comments below.

Thanks for reading this random chapter. XD