Xmas Loving (Prelude)

Stupid CUPID!

Featured song: Beautiful by Infinite^^


Luhan arched his head back, resting it on Kai's chest. The two were standing next to the window in Luhan's room and leisurely gazing outside. After all the commotion that took place, Luhan forgot about Christmas.  "Look. It's snowing again," he murmured.The cupid watched as the fluffy balls of white slowly covered the streets. The passers-by were sporting their winter clothes and carrying shopping bags with their friends and families. Couples were happily looking at gifts at the stalls. Some were taking pictures near the park while the rest were enjoying a nice hot coffee at the nearby cafe. 

"What do you want us to do for Christmas?" asked Kai as he playfully burrowed his head on Luhan's neck. The latter replied faintly, "I thought of spending Christmas with my family and... with all of you." Luhan paused for a while before he continued with a more enthusiastic voice despite the sad words, "But I know it can't be.  I don't think they'll come to see me." Kai lovingly his face, knowing how Luhan wanted to have an enjoyable Christmas not only with him, but with the company of his brothers as well. If only things weren't so complicated, they can spend the holidays together. But after the revelation  two weeks ago, the rest of the cupids haven't visited Luhan nor Kai who stayed in Earth the entire time. 

"I'm sorry," Kai muttered. "I know you miss them and just wanted to have a memorable time, but now, I don't think that's possible."

"I know. I understand. That would be very selfish of me if I force them to come just for my own sake. I know they're still mad at me," Luhan replied.

"They're not mad at you,'" Kai answered with assurance. "I know. They're hurt. But I don't think they can hate you for that, Luhan. My brothers were not raised to hate and resent. They just need time."

Luhan nodded and hugged the cupid possessively before he gave him a peck. "Thanks for that. Somehow, I feel better."

"You know what else can make you feel better?" Kai asked with a teasing smile on his face. Luhan understood and decided to play along.

"What is it?" he coiled his arms around the cupid's neck and moved closer to his face. Kai's sly expression was slowly replaced by a passionate stare as he kissed Luhan without hesitation. His hands cupped the latter's waist and motioned them across his back. 

Luhan suddenly moved his head away and chuckled, "I know you're going for this. You're so predictable."

"But you didn't back away," Kai quickly replied while tugging him back. 

"Why would I back away?"

Kai snorted, "Because you love teasing me." He gave Luhan a gentle pinch on the cheeks while the latter returned the favor by poking his nose forcefully. "You're the one who likes teasing me, Kai. You always say that suggestive words, trying to mess my mind."

"I'm not messing with your mind. I actually mean it."

"Oh shut it, cupid," Luhan retorted, rolling his eyes. "You can't mean it; especially some...the words...I mean those inappropriate jokes," he suddenly stuttered while Kai listened to him keenly. 

"Inappropriate jokes? You mean s--"

"STOP! Don't say that," Luhan yelled as he tried to cover the cupid's mouth. Kai pulled his hand away and continued laughing, "I think I know what you're trying to point out."

Luhan hit him and quickly moved away with a loud sigh.

"But seriously. There's nothing wrong when we talk about those things," Kai added while following him across the room. Luhan sat on the bed and looked away. The cupid sat right next to him and pulled him closer, "Okay listen. I'm sorry if you feel uncomfortable with how I express myself sometimes. I don't mean to offend you or anything. I just... well... I thought it's... it's something lovers do."

Luhan's face immediately turned red. Why are we even talking about this? I guess it's my fault for bringing it up.

"Come on," Kai hugged him and kissed his forehead. "I am not forcing you, Luhan. It's fine if you don't want to do it; at least for now. Let's take things slowly, okay?"

Luhan cleared his throat and nodded shyly. Kai lifted his head for a gentle kiss before they decided to go out and take a walk under the snow.

While walking along the streets, Kai was looking at every store, trying to find the perfect gift for Luhan, not knowing that the latter was also thinking the same. 


EXO Planet~

"What are you doing here outside, dear?" asked Xyke as she peaked at the door to the balcony. Sehun was sitting on the railings; his feet dangling freely in the air. He didn't reply. Instead, he gazed at the sky quietly.

Xyke knew right away what the youngest cupid wishes for and left silently.

Chanyeol was in his room that night with Chen. The latter was reading a book while he was busy choosing another human to help for a love problem.

"Don't push it," Chen spoke all of a sudden after he noticed Chanyeol's weariness to forget his feelings quickly. "It'll hurt even more."

Chanyeol paused and dropped his body on the bed, "I'm not as strong as you think, Chen. I need distraction. A lot of it.

***

The palace servants were feeling sorry, watching Xiumin devour an entire cake at the dinning hall. Qupid was on the other side of the table, quietly watching his son as he deals with his own down feelings. Tao, Baekhyun and Suho were also there, eating their dinner languidly. 

When Xyke arrived, she sat next to Qupid and spoke, "I heard Christmas is coming on Earth. Do you have any plans?"

They remained silent and continued eating.

"I see." Xyke glanced at Qupid with worried expression.


After they bought a lot of things, Kai and Luhan decided to come back home only to find more people in the latter's house.

"Grandma?! What are you doing here?" Luhan asked, seeing his grandmother comfortably sitting on the couch. "Are you spending Xmas with us?"

The old woman nodded happily and glanced at Kai who greeted her immediately. "Kai-sshi? Is that right?"

"Yes," Kai nodded politely.

"Oh! It's Kai-sshi again," Luhan's mother remarked. "It's good to see you! Are you going to stay here for the night? I am going to cook delicious food for you. Luhan, you better help me. Prepare your room so Kai-sshi can--"

"Mom, mom. Relax. It's fine. My room's clean and done," Luhan replied quickly. He glanced at Kai who was secretly smiling. He then bolted all of a sudden when someone tugged his pants. 

"Sojun!" 

The little boy beamed and waved at him. He put down the shopping bags and carried the boy while Luhan excitedly approached them. 

"I'm spend Xmas here," he mumbled.

"Oh really?! That's great! We can spend it here together," Kai replied. 

Luhan's grandmother observed them quietly and smiled upon seeing Luhan's genuine and sweet expression while talking to Kai.


A/N: 2 more chapters and we're done. :)

That awkward s convo at the beginning though. XDDD

​Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions.

Thanks for reading.