Feelings from the Past: Kris's Episode

Stupid CUPID!

A/N: Like I said in the previous chapter, Kris's story is different from the rest.. P.S drama ahead. .


            Featured song:

                     Kahi/Gahee (가희) - One Love



Kris slowly stood up and walked towards Luhan. 

"What are you waiting for? Come inside," uttered Kris. 

Luhan was skeptical to do so. He always remember Kris for pulling out a handcuff to tie him when they first met. He was stuck against the wall and was gaging Kris. 

"Hey. I said come in. Your mother will find out," repeated Kris. The mention of his mother was a cue for Luhan to give in and get inside. When he was about to close the door, Kris situated himself behind him and pushed the door lock for him. It made Luhan shiver in shock. He turned around to see Kris eyeing him; so close that Luhan feels so tiny near his tall and lean body. His eyes followed Kris's movements; the latter lifted his arm, wrapped it around Luhan's shoulder before tugging him closer for a hug.

[Luhan] "Why--?!"

He rested his head on Luhan's and shut his eyes close.

"K-kris...let..me...go," uttered Luhan faintly while struggling. When Kris finally let him go, he was about to turn around and ran away. But his eyes caught something unexpectedly; the cupid's tears streaming down his face.

[Luhan] "Wh-what's wrong?"

Kris took a couple of steps away from Luhan. He turned around and secretly wiped away his tears. He then leaped through the window. Luhan ran across the room to catch him only to find Kris walking down the path alone on that chilly night.

>>>

Luhan was lying on the bed and he can't sleep after what happened. He has a lot of questions in mind and he wishes that someone could shed light to some of it. He turned around and sighed. 

I wonder what happened to Kris...

He now turned to the other side of the bed where he saw Kai standing from across the room. 

Luhan quickly jumped out of bed in surprise.

[Luhan] What are you doing here?!

[Kai] I-- well, I thought I would check if you're alright after the trip.

[Luhan] Uh- okay.. I- I'm fine. 

[Kai]hm... 'kay. I'll go now then. 

Luhan wanted to ask him about Kris but was feeling hesitant. He frowned as he thought of a way to ask Kai to stay a little longer. The latter noticed him. He was also skeptical to say something so there was silence for a while.

......

Kai finally sighed and sat down on the floor.

[Kai] Do you need something from me?

Luhan settled down on his bed and spoke faintly, "It's about Kris."

[Kai] Kris? What about him?

[Luhan] He was here a while ago.

Kai suddenly felt a cold rush around his neck. Something happened. Something wrong happened. Luhan looks distressed. Kai gulped before replying, "Did something happen? Tell me."

"Well," Luhan started. "He did something..I wasn't expecting."

Kai  rose to his feet, approached Luhan and sat beside him. "What is it? You can tell me, Luhan." He sounded genuinely concerned.

[Luhan] When I arrived here, I saw him by the window, looking outside. I was shocked so I wasn't able to move for a while. He then asked me to come inside before my mother sees us. I followed him and went inside. When I was about to close the door, he suddenly pushed it forcefully...

Kai breathed deeply as he watched Luhan's weary face. The latter was avoiding his eye contact.

[Kai] What happened afterwards?

[Luhan] .... he hugged me.

Kai shut his eyes, sighed heavily and clenched his fist. He was starting to feel the pangs of jealousy and anger, making his bluish&black-colored eyes turn to metallic-gray. It was difficult for him to breathe for a while. 

[Luhan] He was crying...

........

Hearing those words, the weight on Kai's chest receded. He looked at Luhan straight in the eyes. It wasn't something to be jealous about. He knew right away. 

[Luhan] He then went off. Do you have an idea why he did that? 

Kai looked away and cleared his face. He frowned and was thinking thoroughly if explaining was the best thing to do. He glanced at Luhan who was patiently waiting for him to speak. He feels bad for letting Luhan hang in the moment and so he decided to spill it.

[Kai] Listen. I wasn't suppose to tell anyone about this... but, for your own sake and for you to understand Kris, I'll make an exception....


Flashback~ Kris's story(7 years ago)

Chanyeol stretched his arms, "Yes! Another successful love hunt."

Suho nodded in satisfaction while the rest of the cupids strolled along a secluded parkland. It was late in the afternoon and they finished their mission successfully. They planned to go back to their planet, until they heard a loud thump.

Kris turned to where the noise came from and saw a messed-up lady on the ground; her dress soaked in mud and his hair wet, making her look untidy. 

"You b*tch! How dare you call me a home-wrecker! It's your sl*tty mom who left your father. You should thank me that I was there to save him and you from being thrown away on the streets!"

The lady wiped away the mud on her face and glared back at the older woman who was insulting her in public. People were staring as the commotion continued.

"You're unwanted! Even your father doesn't need you now. You better go away and not see us again!"

With that, she was left degraded in front of many people. The younger lady rose to her feet and cleared the forming tears in her eyes. She glanced around her and felt shrinking with embarrassment. Her eyes caught Kris who was wearily staring at her. She immediately looked away and ran. 

[Suho] What-just-happened?

Chanyeol shook his head, "I feel sorry for her."

They noticed someone walking pass them. 

[Chen] Hey Kris! Where are you going?

Kris looked back, "I'll go after her."

[Chen] Huh? Why?

Kris ignored his question and went off.

[Chanyeol] Knowing Kris, he will help anyone who needs help. That's what he is, Chen. You shouldn't have asked. 

Chen agreed and didn't say more.

Kris made his way through the crowd of people, searching for the lady. He was running aimlessly while his eyes survey the vicinity. 

"Where could she be? I can't believe I lost track of her that fast," he murmured. 

"And why would you be following me?" 

Kris had never turned around so fast in his life. He almost lost his consciousness, so great was his shock.

The lady, her face still dirtied with mud, was standing in front of him, looking at him from head to toe. "What do you want?"

Kris observed her doubtful face for a second. Despite the mud and the messy hair, she looks rather beautiful. Her eyes were misted by tears and were slightly covered by her damped fringe. She was wearing a loose white tee, a knee-length jeans shorts and a worn-out flip flops; an undesirable sight for a lady of her age. She looked like a wreck; a total opposite of Kris who was wearing a white polo shirt, the top button opened and one side slightly tucked inside his denim jeans, making him look like an elite student.

"You look like--- you need help," answered Kris.

The lady raised her eyebrows. "Why? Are you some kind of a prince?" She asked sarcastically.

"No," Kris replied calmly. 

"Then why would you help me?" asked the lady.

"Because I want to," replied Kris who was now pulling something from his pocket. The lady moved back a little, away from Kris. She was being careful with him, thinking that he may be one of the guys who pays money to get girls in bed. 

"What's that?!" 

Kris pulled a hanky and handed it to her. "Wipe your face."

The lady just stared back at him in suspicion.

"My name's Kris," uttered Kris, trying to make the lady at ease.

"What does it prove?" she retorted.

"Nothing. Just wanted to introduce myself. Hoping that you'll be polite enough to introduce yourself as well," he was fast to counter-attack. "....because believe it or not, I am just trying to help out." Kris put the hanky on her shoulder. He then walked away.

"Hey," the lady called out softly. 

"You're welcome," Kris uttered as he strolled.

"I'm not even saying Thank you," she responded while following Kris. "I wasn't planning to say thanks."

Kris just continued walking.

"Hey, wait up. I'm talking to you," she asserted.

.......

"Hey!"

Kris stopped and faced her with a serious expression, "What?"

The lady was surprised and paused momentarily.

[Kris] What? Why are you following me now?

The lady thumbs through her hair and showed Kris a lollipop.

He laughed with a subtle hint of mocking. 

"What are you laughing at? I'm telling you. I don't usually do this. I don't talk to strangers and just accept whatever they give me. I know not to trust and you shouldn't make your way to every girl who look like a damsel in distress just because you want to. Being kind-----"

She continued talking in a fast pace, being defensive, and Kris was just patiently waiting for her to stop, not really listening to what she's saying.

"--- I just wanted to give this.-- tsk. Just take it already!"

"Alright," Kris took the lollipop, unwrapped it and happily munched it. He then turned around and was about to depart.

"My name is Hye-Jin....."she called out just before Kris blended in with the crowd of people. A little smile formed on his lips. He raised his arm and waved goodbye to her as he walked off.

>>>

[Kai] That was their first meeting. From then on, Kris would go missing during our love hunts. He would spend time with her most of the time.. We were aware of his growing interest for Hye-Jin and we warned him about the transformations it might cause him. She wasn't the kind of girl who trusts easily and cares for others. She suffered a lot through her life; broken-family, her mother being called a hence she's also called one, his father abandoning her for her step-mom, being bullied...; and it changed the kind of person she was. Kris knew that all along, yet, he stood by her side. He didn't give up on her.

[Luhan] Does she like Kris, too?

[Kai] Yes. She loved him. We saw how much she cared for Kris.

[Luhan] Does she know about the cupids and what you do?

[Kai] She did. I remember the time when Kris revealed it to her. She was doubtful and stayed away from Kris for days, thinking that Kris became mad. But eventually, she believed and accepted it. We were surprised that she was easily understanding Kris despite her trust issues. I guess she was really in love with him.

<<<

[Hye-Jin] Where are we going, Kris?

[Kris] You told me you want to fly. right? So we'll fly.

Hye-Jin turned to him excitedly. They were in the park where they first met, late at night, celebrating their one year anniversary. Hye-Jin already gave her present for Kris and it's time for the latter to show his. 

[Hye-Jin] What if someone sees us?

[Kris] There's nobody here.

Hye-Jin looked around and smiled, agreeing. Kris then held her hand and asked, "Ready?" She nodded and drew closer to him before they swiftly ascended. She breathed deeply when she realized that they were far above from the ground. Kris glanced at her and assured her that she will be fine. He was happily gazing at the city lights below them that he didn't notice Hye-Jin trying her best not to cry beside him. 

[Hye-Jin] *sniffs

Kris turned to her and felt anxious at the sight, "What's wrong? Are you okay? Hye-Jin?"

She wiped away her tears like a child. She then reached out to Kris for an embrace before she answered in a soft voice, "I'm just happy." So tight was her grip; a strong expression of not letting him go. "Why did you do this to me, Kris?"

Kris was silent for a while. He can feel her heart palpitating fast as she leaned closer to him. 

[Hye-Jin] I am becoming too dependent on you. I--I might... I don't know what to do without you anymore...

Kris leaned back a little to kiss her forehead. He whispered, "Without me? Why? Are you thinking that I might leave you?"

[Hye-Jin] .... everybody does. People get tired of me and left me despite my pleas. You won't do that to me, right? 

[Kris] I won't. Never did it cross my mind. Hush now...

[Hye-Jin] I should be smiling, but all I do is sob. I'm sorry. 

He lifted her head and gave her a kiss, "I love you, Hye-Jin, and I intend to stay by your side."

"Thank you for everything. I don't know what I did to deserve you," she chuckled softly and added teasingly, "But I'm telling you, Kris. I will never let you go no matter what so you better behave yourself."

[Kris] Yesss! After all, you're the boss.

He smirked and tucked her long hair behind her ears while she giggled.

[Hye-Jin] Good then.

She turned to Kris, gently pressing her face against the latter's cheek and murmured, "I love you so much. Happy anniversary."

>>>

[Luhan] So where is she now? Don't tell me--she left...She could not have, right? She loves him.

Kai sighed and shook his head. "No. Something happened after her birthday."

<<<

[Chanyeol] Yohooo! Happy birthday, Hye-Jin! 

The cupids greeted her one by one. They were in a small apartment and preparing for Hye-Jin's birthday celebration. Chen and Xiumin were busy checking the food on the counter while Tao, Suho and Lay decorated the place. Kai was holding the birthday cake while Kris lights the candle. While their brothers were busy with the preparations, Baekhyun, Sehun and D.O were lounging on the couch, looking through Hye-Jin's paintings. 

[Baek] You're really talented. I wish I could paint this well, too.

Hye-Jin, who was setting the table, looked back at Baekhyun and smiled. "Maybe painting is not for you. You're more into photography, right? You should nurture that talent since you take really good photos. Each one has different talents and all you need is to discover it and be passionate about it."

[D.O] I agree. Don't force yourself on painting, Baek. You're hopeless.

[Baekhyun] Rude! I know I at it but you don't have to put it like that. 

Sehun was laughing his heart out which made Baekhyun pissed even more.

[Chanyeol] Hey you two! Stop it. No fighting. 

Baekhyun secretly hit D.O's head before he went and join the others. Afterwards, they gathered around the living room and sang the birthday song to Hye-Jin. Kris carried the cake and placed it on the table before he sat beside her. All of them were wearing birthday hats and brought with them their presents for her. When they finished the song, Hye-Jin blew the candle and said her thanks to them before she sliced it to 12 pieces. Xiumin was clapping excitedly on the side while watching the cake. Chen poured drinks in the glasses and served it to everyone. While the others enjoyed the food, Hye-Jin suddenly ran to the comfort room. Kris noticed her and followed.

[Kris] *knocks Hye-Jin! Are you alright?!

[Hye-Jin] Hm. Y-yes..I'm..fine. 

[Kris] *doubtful Can you open the door please? 

[Hye-Jin] J-just a secon--

Hye-Jin vomitted blood all over the floor. She hurriedly covered and cleaned the area before Kris notices. She was fast to wash her face, turned off the lights and went out of the comfort room where Kris was impatiently waiting. 

[Kris] What's wrong? Are you feeling sick?

She was looking pale.

[Hye-Jin] No. Don't worry. No big deal. Just a bad stomach. I'm fine now.

Kris knew she was lying. And she knew she can't convince Kris to believe her. She decided to return to the living room to avoid his questions. The merriment continued and the cupids were having lots of fun. Kris was wearily watching Hye-Jin as she tried to enjoy with the rest.

Kris wrapped his arm around her shoulder and whispered, "If you feel sick, you can take a rest now. It might worsen."

She turned to him, rested her head on Kris's shoulder and replied, "I'm fine. Don't worry. I really wanted to have fun tonight."

[Kris] Then I'll have to stay here to make sure you're alright.

[Hye-Jin] No need. I will be fine, Kris. You have to go back with them. We'll meet at the usual place tomorrow, okay?

Kris insisted but with no avail. After the party, they went to the balcony to leave. Kai, Suho and Xiumin went first and the rest followed. Kris was the last one to go.

[Kris] Are you sure you'll be alright? I'm really worried.

Hye-Jin smiled at him, "Don't worry." She gave her one last kiss before she uttered softly, "Thank you for tonight."

Kris smiled back at her and replied, "All for you." He moved closer and embraced her, "Good night, Hye-Jin. I love you so much."

She giggled as she hugged him back, "I love you, too, Kris. I look forward to another day with you, "she uttered before she let him go. 

"Me, too. I'll see you tomorrow," Kris called out as he soared. "Don't forget to lock the door."

She nodded as she waved goodbye to him.

>>>

[Luhan] What happened then?

Kai sighed as he shifted his gaze from the floor to Luhan who was anticipating his answer. 

"The next morning. She wasn't in the park. Kris was anxious. It was the first time she didn't arrive on time. So we went to her apartment and ----"

<<<

Kris dropped on the floor, petrified, seeing Hye-Jin's lifeless body. He was paralyzed for a while. Suho rushed and tried to wake her up. The rest were motionless; standing at the doorway and weren't able to do anything in shock.

When Kris regained sanity, he rose to his feet and went after Lay.

[Kris] Do something, Lay! Do something. You can heal her. Please...I'm begging...Just--do anything..please...I-can't--

Chanyeol held Kris to comfort him but the latter continued, "Please... You can save Hye-Jin...Lay..."

Lay bowed his head and gloomily shook his head. "I'm sorry...I can't do anything..."

Hearing those painful words, Kris grabbed him by the collar and pinned him on the wall, "What are you saying?!!!! You can heal her! You are capable of healing her!"

Tao and Chanyeol held him back. 

[Kris] How could you say that?!!!! You...You're useless!

[Lay] I'm sorry, Kris. I really want to save her..I-I ...I can't defy death...

Kris was heavily breathing. His body was shaking uncontrollably. He turned to Tao and plead, "Tao. You can do something right? You can turn back time.... Hye-Jin..You can turn back time..I can save her.. please...."

Tao loosen his grip in Kris's arm. He slowly stepped away as he unwillingly shook his head.

WHY CAN'T ANYONE DO SOMETHING?!!!!!

Kris fell on his feet as he sobbed, "WHY?!!!"

Suho wiped away the forming tears in his eyes, "I'm sorry, Kris... We can't do anything if it's her fate..."

Kris didn't answer; not because he wasn't able to hear what Suho said, but because he was slowly drifting away.... he was falling apart.... He crawled to reach Hye-Jin and embraced her. He rested his head on her chest to feel her but her heart wasn't beating. He shut his eyes and bursted into tears. "Hye-Jin.....don't leave me...please.."

>>>

Luhan looked away and cleared his eyes from tears. Kai sighed heavily and drew nearer to him. He his face to comfort him. 

"I didn't know Kris experienced something...devastating," Luhan murmured. "Maybe..he remembered her when he was here? That's why he looked so sad..."

Kai explained further, "After her death, Kris was becoming self-destructive that we have to do something about it. Our parents decided to erase a part of his memory witht her; a desperate move. During that time, they successfully saved him. He forgot about her....... but not entirely. It was a thin shell, a protection, to not worsen his situation and for him to be saved from grieving." Kai paused for a while before he continued, "I'm guessing that tonight, when he was here, he finally remembered everything."

There was silence.

Luhan was in deep thoughts, greatly affected by what he heard. 

[Kai]  Will you be okay here alone?

Luhan nodded hesitantly. 

"I don't think so," Kai responded assuredly. "I'll stay here for a while until you fell sleep. I can tell them about what happened tomorrow."

[Luhan] Are you sure it's okay? I am worried for Kris.

Kai shook his head, "Don't worry too much. It'll be alright." He glanced at the clock. "It's late. Why don't you go to bed now? I'll be watching over here."

Luhan felt reassured after hearing him, "Thank you, Kai. I am actually feeling really sad ...so it's nice to have company. But aren't you going to sleep, too?"

[Kai] It's okay. I can manage until tomorrow. 

Luhan then snuggled under his blanket and sleep while Kai sat on the floor, quietly watching him.

Good night, Luhan...


The following day, Kai and his brothers talked about what happened with Luhan and Kris. Remembering the story about Hye-Jin made them sad and troubled. Kris didn't show up in Luhan's room that morning and it bothers them.

[Tao] Where could he go?

[Chen] Do you think he went back home?

[Chanyeol] Mother told me he wasn't there. 

Luhan cleared his throat and uttered, "Maybe in the park..."

[Chanyeol] Ahhh! You're right. Why didn't we remember that? Let's go and find him. 

They all left Luhan in his room to search for Kris. It was Sunday morning and Luhan doesn't have anything to do, so he just sat on his bed, thinking. Until someone appeared in the window. 

[Luhan] KRIS!

[Kris] You mind if I come in?

[Luhan] No. Come inside.

Kris did and said his thanks. "I thought you were mad at me for what happened last night."

Luhan shook his head in response. Knowing the sad story, he can't help but look at Kris with sympathy and the latter noticed it.

[Kris] They told you about it

Luhan nodded and replied, "I'm sorry..."

Kris paced across the room and settled down beside Luhan. He ruffled his hair, "I am the one who should say sorry. I scared you."

Luhan turned to him in surprise. Kris was unexpectedly calm at that moment.

[Kris] I owe you an explanation. Will you hear me out?

Luhan nodded, "Yes. Of course."

[Kris] I remembered her last night when I saw you. I was waiting in your room for the rest of you to come back. When you arrived, I was about to join you with the rest. But they went off and I was left here watching you as you happily waved goodbye to them. It came to me all of a sudden. Hye-Jin. You have the same expression as her when you watched them leave...your genuine smile...It was the same smile I saw when she was waving goodbye to me. I then remembered everything; from our first meeting, to when I confessed to her, to when we were happily flying together...

Kris's eyes turned watery by the second. "I'm really sorry, Luhannie..."

"No. Don't say that," Luhan comforted him. "It wasn't your fault. I understand, Kris. Don't worry. Will you be okay?"

Kris nodded, "After all these years, I still love her. But I know that sooner or later, I have to let go of her. I have to let my feelings go..." He turned and stared at Luhan as he continued, "Love isn't always what we expect it to be, isn't it?"

Luhan answered, "I guess so. I don't know anything about love personally since I haven't experienced to be in love. But hearing your story, I can finally say that true love really exists. She was lucky to have you and you're lucky to have her, too."

Kris smiled, "You're right. The memories and lessons will linger. and love will make us whole again." 

Luhan nodded and smiled, too.

[Kris] What about you, Luhannie? Do you have someone you like at this moment?

Luhan's eyes got bigger upon hearing his question. He wasn't able to answer. 

.......

Suddenly, a resounding thud interrupted them. 

"Ohhh Kris. You're here. We were trying to find you."

Luhan jerked and leaned back a little when he saw Kai appeared in front of them. The latter saw his suspicious reaction and inquired, "What's wrong, Luhannie?"

Luhan was quick to shake his head and gestured no. Kris glanced at Kai and looked back at him.

He then curved his lips and a little smile of knowing surfaced. 


Author's note (cont): Phew. That was [quite] long. So.... that's it for Kris's story. I hope this is not too depressing and out of context. 

As requested, next chapter will be Xiumin's! Get ready for some sweet lovin' next time. :))

Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions below.

Thanks for reading.