School Rumble: The Festival (part 2)

Stupid CUPID!

 

Featured song: Lucky  by EXO    

P.S Brace yourself for a manly (somehow) Luhan in this chapter. ^^


Time resumed. Thanks to Chanyeol's uppercut to Tao. 

"Luhan?"

Luhan and the rest turned around to see a familiar face.

[Sehun] Ahh!

[Kris] It's her.

[Tao] The girl!

"Who?" Suho inquired. He glanced at Luhan who was trying to hide his face behind Kris. 

"I heard your class will have a dance performace for ARTS II," the girl stated. "Are you going to dance?"

Luhan nodded.

"Oh, that's nice. I see that you have a lot of friends here with you." She glanced at the rest as she continued, "Our class will have a gallery opening. You can drop by at room 7 in you want. We displayed our paintings in ARTS 1 there, included yours."

[Luhan] Mine?

"Yes. My portrait," she replied. "We also have a lot more to show so you can all go there and take a look."

[Luhan] Ah-oh okay.

[Sehun] *murmured* Nope.

[Tao] I don't think so.

[D.O] Luhan's painting. That's interesting.

Chanyeol and Suho looked at each other.

[Chanyeol] We will drop by. We 're Luhan's friends by the way. You are?

The girl smiled back at Chanyeol before she replied, "I'm Mei Lin."

[Chanyeol] Oh. My name is Chanyeol. Nice to meet you.

Hey Mei Lin! Come on now!

[Mei Lin]  I'm sorry I have to go. Nice to meet you. See you there, Luhan.

She waved goodbye to Luhan before she left. Sehun glared at her as he followed behind. Kris pulled his hoodie back to restrain him from doing something inappropriate. Baekhyun took a shot of her and examined his camera. D.O narrowed his eyes as he gazed at Luhan's bashful expression before he caught a dark aura beside him. It was strong that it made him shiver.

[D.O] Kai, when did you become so... demonic?

The grumpy cupid ignored him as he sulked at the side, having a strong facade but his eyes were showing off a different emotion. 

[Xiumin] Uhm.. let's go the to the caf---

[Chen] Does she like Luhan? Wow. I never thought the love hunt would end up soon.

[Xiumin] Let's go to the cafe---

[Chanyeol] We are just starting. Liking isn't loving, Chen Chen. Not enough. Don't forget that.

He ruffled Chen's hair before he turned to Suho who was gauging Luhan from head to toe.

[Suho] He really looks handsome. It's refreshing to see Luhannie like that; different from his usual baggy clothes. He looks like a rich boy. *sighs

[D.O] He looks like a bad boy. *sighs

[Xiumin] Hey guys! Come on now! Let's go to the---

[Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kai] SHUT UP, XIUMIN!

[Chanyeol] You go ahead if you want to! We're still talking.

[Xiumin] But I'm already hungr---

Kris, who got impatient with their squabbles, shoved his lollipop inside Xiumin's mouth. The latter almost choke. Good thing, Luhan helped him to pull out the stuck candy on time before anything worse happened. The hungry cupid was wobbling as he made his way alone to the cafeteria. 

[Luhan] You abuse him a lot, don't you?

[Kris] Because he's annoying. Always thinking about his belly...

[D.O] We could have gone to the cafeteria and talk there. Look at all the hungry eyes feasting on Luhan. I see Xiumin in each one of them. Let's get out of here now.

They all agreed and went to the cafeteria only to realize that the flock of students were also following them. 

[Lay] We haven't done much yet but look at how they react to Luhannie. 

Sehun looked back at him with a shocked face, "You're awake." Lay, in return, gave him the creepiest smile he could ever make, which made the youngest cupid clenched his teeth in disgust.

[Sehun]Uhhh.. Don't talk to me.

He moved away from Lay who was still sporting his creepy smile. The youngest cupid walked beside Luhan who was busy fixing his attire here and there. He clamped his arm around Luhan's shoulder and whispered to him, "Hannie, let's sit together."

The crowd of students behind them continued gossiping; they murmured questions and doubts when Sehun got closer to Luhan. Suho noticed this and called out the youngest cupid, "Sehun. Too close." Without listening to Suho's warning, Sehun proceeded with a talk. He was letting the others see what he's doing in purpose; until he felt Chanyeol's tight grip around his neck. 

[Chanyeol] You are ruining Luhannie's moment, kid.

The giant pulled Sehun beside him, letting Luhan walk alone. He signalled his brothers to stop. Luhan turned to them when he realized that he's walking by himself. Suho gestured [to him] to continue walking without them. He, Chanyeol, Lay and Baekhyun were smiling; as if cheering and encouraging him to be confident to face the people around him.

Walking by myself? Without the mask and the books covering my face?

*cue EXO's Lucky

Luhan turned around to see the students in the cafeteria staring at him, not with the usual judging eyes but with appreciation; some with shock while other just adored his sudden transformation. He's quite popular for being lousy and introvert. Now, they were showing suggestive smiles of adoration for the boy. When he glanced at a group of girls on one table, they smiled at him shyly before they whispered to each other. Some were giggling as they passed by him. Luhan wasn't able to move for a second as eyes continued gazing at him. He felt strange getting all the attention. He turned around to see the brothers who were just waiting for him to take a step forward; except for Sehun and Tao who were sobbing in the corner, pleading to their brothers to let them join Luhan. D.O was composed but his bulging eyes served as a clue to know what he's really feeling. Baekhyun let his camera dangle on his chest and gave Luhan a thumbs-up. "I am hearing a different melody now," Chen murmured. Lay and Kris were staring at him with calm and comforting expression. Luhan's eyes caught Kai at the back who was looking all serious. The grumpy cupid took a glimpse away before he looked back at Luhan and gave him a supportive, little smile.

Luhan took a deep breath, clenched his fists and looked straight back at the crowd. He started walking slowly, searching for a table. He gulped once in a while but as he moved along, the tension was gradually diminishing.

I can do this. You can do it, Luhan. They're behind you...

I cannot believe that I am really trusting them now.

Luhan saw his professor in ARTS II (Sehun's enemy), watching him intently. The old geezer was obviously surprised to see his non-existent student looking handsome and cool all of a sudden. He can't helped but chuckle a little when he remembered Sehun. He glanced back to see the youngest cupid gritting his teeth while glaring at the old man.

"Ohh... look at his smile..."

"Wow. This is the first time I saw his face..."

"He shouldn't have worn his face mask before. He looks adorable!"

Luhan heard the girl behind him. He didn't know what to do so he just smiled awkwardly. He then saw Xiumin sitting alone and waving at him, "Luhannie! Here, here!" Luhan immediately went to join him. The rest followed and they all sat in a round table. Chanyeol and Suho patted his back. 

[Chanyeol] You did great, Luhannie. Confidence. That's all you need.

Suho nodded, "Finding love isn't easy. But it really starts within you, Luhannie. If you trust in yourself, you'll trust others." 

[Chen] And when you trust others, you appreciate them and their capability to love you. 

Sehun, who a while ago was acting like a child ,trying to get Luhan, was know sitting calmly as he asked, "How was it, Hannie? Do you feel good?"

Luhan thought for a second before answering. He realized how he was changing; for good. Despite the chaotic days and ceaseless arguements with the cupids, he was surprised that it ends up in learning. He is finding something priceless among them. 

Luhan smiled and nodded, "Yes. I-- I feel happy. Thanks for helping me." He looked down shyly.

Sehun shut his eyes and leaned closer to him. He held Luhan's hand whose was appalled at the sudden change of action. 

[Sehun] Hannie, you're so cute! Do that again please.

Tao, feeling drained after sobbing, reached out to grab Sehun but his arms flopped down at the lack of strength, "I don't have the energy to whack that kid's head. Can you please do it for me, Chanyeol?" He uttered lazily.

[Chanyeol] *sighs Let him be. He's starting to become a living irony. I'll go crazy if I get into another argument with him. I have had enough for today.

Tao nodded in a slow pace.

Baekhyun,surprisingly, stopped taking pictures of Luhan and just observed him. Meanwhile, Lay's eyelids were half-closed as he watched Xiumin devour his food on the side. Kris was busy talking to a random girl behind him while D.O sat still, waiting for his food to arrive.

"Wait," Chen called. "Where's the grumpy one?"


"I know I'll find you here," Luhan uttered as he entered the dance studio. Kai was warming up alone.

"Where are the rest?" He asked Luhan who just stood still at the door. 

"I left them at the cafeteria," Luhan answered honestly. "I thought I'll look for you."

Kai looked away, "Why?"

"Why. Well, you were not with us," he replied. "We ate lots of good food there."

Kai remained silent.

"Why don't you join us? There are still food le--"

Kai suddenly pulled him and uttered, "Let's do a final practice." He led Luhan in the middle before letting his hand go. "Do some warm. I'll wait at the side."

[Luhan] I just ate a lot.

[Kai] I don't think so.

[Luhan] What?

Kai sat on the floor and replied, "I was watching you back there. You were still a bit uncomfortable, obviously. You just picked one cookie and drink your lemonade. I don't think that's a lot."

Luhan frowned, "Watching me where? You always go around missing but in the end, we'll find out that you're just creeping somewhere. I don't get you."

Kai ignored his rants and insisted, "Come on. This is a good chance to polish your routie without the meddling idiots. We don't want you rattling on the stage later. Don't waste time now. I am just trying to help you out."

"Alright," Luhan sighed. "I'll do it."

After some time of stretching and instructing, Luhan the player and they began.


Dance performace. 30 minutes before live show

"Why am I seeing a different Lulu? Why? Why?" Tao mumbled after he regained some energy from all the eating they did at the cafeteria. 

Luhan and Kai were backstage and was waiting for their turn to perform. Baekhyun started taking photos of Luhan again while Chanyeol was fixing his hair. Suho and Kris were talking at the side; about what, no one knows. Lay was sleeping on the floor and nobody really bothered to check on him. Xiumin, Chen and D.O were sitting at the front row in the audience area. Meanwhile, Sehun was standing backstage, busy adoring Luhan's face.

Luhan's classmates performed first. They did a 7-minute long modern dance number. Luhan was feeling anxious once again when he peeked on stage and saw a lot of people. He was fidgetting and Kai noticed it. 

"Hey," Kai approached him. "Relax. You're sweating a lot."

"I wish I can," Luhan answered in a low voice. Without warning, Kai held his hand. The grumpy cupid was looking away. Luhan just waited for him to speak but he didn't. 

[Luhan] Kai?

No response. He was still holding Luhan's hand firmly. Luhan looked around to see Sehun walking towards him. He held unto Luhan's shoulder and whispered, "It's okay. You can do it, Hannie."

Chanyeol, too, gave him a pat. "This is it, Luhannie. Don't get too nervous. Cherish every moment of your performance. Remember, you're awesome."

[Presenter] Let's welcome the next performers from ARTS II class. We have Luhan and Kai...and the rest? And the rest!

[Kai] Let's go.

Kai and Luhan positioned themselves at the opposing sides of the stage. They were looking at the opposite directions until the music starts.

*TIME CONTROL* 

When they did the first few moves, there was silence. Everyone was holding their breaths, anticipating what performance would they see from the introvert turned handsome Luhan with the new, we-don't-know-his-name student, Kai.

Sehun and Tao were holding their hands in excitement while Chanyeol and Suho were acting like proud parents. Kris was starting to clap in the midst of the performance and was stopped by Chen. Xiumin was watching with his mouth wide open while D.O fixed his stare to Luhannie. The latter then turned to Lay who was wide awake and happily watching Kai and Luhan; and was grooving to the music. 

[D.O] You're awake.

Lay stopped momentarily and there goes another creepy smile from him.

Before they knew it, the music ended and the two bowed. 

Tao immediately rose from his seat, together with Sehun, Baekhyun and Chen and they rushed to the stage. Bakehyun took the microphone, "Helloooooooo!!!!!! Let's all clap for Luhan and Kai." Lay dragged D.O on stage while the latter grabbed Suho and Chanyeol. Not long, they were all on stage. 

[Luhan] What are they doing?!

[Kai] Let them be. You already did your part and it was great. Just enjoy now. 

The grumpy cupid smacked his back gently. 

[Baekhyun] This isn't the end! We are also part of the ARTS II class and here's a very special song for all of you!

cue 3.6.5 ^^

The audience stood up as the confetti showered on stage. They were jumping all around with the song. Even the professors started dancing jovially. When they finished, they carried Luhan and threw him in the air. 

[Luhan] hey hey hey no no no no!!!!! I'm scared of heights. Noooooo!!!!!!!!

[Baekhyun] Whooooahh! Luhannie! Luhannie! Luhannie!

Xiumin was clapping happily, letting his brothers do all the craziness. Kai watched them at the side. He spotted someone at the audience area, staring attentively at Luhan. The person bared a delightful expression and a genuine smile of appreciation before she turned around and walked away. 


Author's note: Clap clap for Luhan! xD 

Clap clap to their growing friendship, too~ 

But is it just "friendship"?  ^_~

Feel free to leave your comments below.

Thank you for reading.